"Don't Listen to What He Says"

Everyone laughed when Trump advisors recommended tuning him out.

But those who really got suckered into thinking all those great steel and coal jobs were coming back - you should have taken their advice. This is just the latest:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/03/news/companies/trump-keystone-pipeline-american-steel/index.html

Face it the days when you graduate from high school with no appreciable skills and land a job for life with reasonable pay, good benefits and retirement fund - they're over. Yeah, you'll find some of that a few areas and occupations but in manufacturing, robots are taking over. iPads are taking customer orders in fast food restaurants. Etc. This isn't your father's or grandfather's economy any more.

If you aren't cut out for a profession, learn how to maintain and repair the machines that will take your job. Especially welding. If you can weld, you can live. If you can weld underwater, you'll be rich, and you won't have to wear a tie. :thumbsup:

But whatever you do, don't believe a word from Trump's mouth. He is a consummate liar. I'm sure some of you want to believe him - do so at your own peril.

But those who really got suckered into thinking all those great steel and coal jobs were coming back - you should have taken their advice. This is just the latest:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/03/news/companies/trump-keystone-pipeline-american-steel/index.html

Face it the days when you graduate from high school with no appreciable skills and land a job for life with reasonable pay, good benefits and retirement fund - they're over. Yeah, you'll find some of that a few areas and occupations but in manufacturing, robots are taking over. iPads are taking customer orders in fast food restaurants. Etc. This isn't your father's or grandfather's economy any more.

If you aren't cut out for a profession, learn how to maintain and repair the machines that will take your job. Especially welding. If you can weld, you can live. If you can weld underwater, you'll be rich, and you won't have to wear a tie. :thumbsup:

But whatever you do, don't believe a word from Trump's mouth. He is a consummate liar. I'm sure some of you want to believe him - do so at your own peril.

Go away please. This place was better and richer with you absent .

I posted this in another thread but thought it might be helpful for you to be able to understand a little bit about Trump.

I see so much on Facebook and other sites liberals getting their panties all in a wad over the disinformation perpetrated by groups like Occupy Democrats and the far left media. It's hysterical. Right now there is one going around on FB concerning the "gutting" of the EPA. It even has pictures of the Cuyoga River on fire as an example of how things will be under Trump. Yes, he is going to propose some cuts. My bet is that he envisions the EPA as more of a coordinator of the 50 state epa's we already have and he will make cuts to their budget to eliminate redundancy.

People don't understand Trump. He brilliantly uses the media against themselves. When he doesn't like the news he simply changes it and the media jumps on the new story. Sometimes I think he sets them up. I don't think I have to say anything more than "Sweden" and "refugees".

Trump is a classic negotiator rather than a politician. If he wants 75 oranges he's going to ask for 100 and he might get 80. The politician will ask for 80 and might get 70. That's why some of the things that might seem outlandish really are just Trump knowing how to get what he wants. We can say all we want about his style and color of his hair but he's been hard at work putting into motion his promises from the campaign trail. As long as he follows the Constitution that's what I want from him.

Exactly... Tune Trolls out. But people are too hooked on the sewer that is social media... That is, FB, Twitter. And to a lesser extent this place.

People are really that dumb, selfish, and deplorable. Boy was I naive thinking the people had a moral understanding.

Don't respond to her droppings.

Calling him a consummate liar is droppings?... Who are you? Goebbels for the RNC? That we should hinge on your every conspiracy nut word?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

i'm pretty much a political atheist tho i do follow it pretty closely. there is a great deal of value in disinformation if you know what your looking for. one also needs to stay abreast of what the minions are doing because they affect your life greatly whether you like it or not. it is the grandest dog and pony show ever created of which they are quite proud of. with that being said. they all lie. if their lips are moving... you know the rest.

you say that the days when you graduate from high school with no appreciable skills and are set for life are over. they've been over for quite some time now and i'm pretty sure that that is not Trump's fault. the times, they are a changing. we are currently in the process of moving out of the industrial age into the technological age. every time we, as a society, move into another stage of our development, there are going to be hard times in the transition. it has always been the case all throughout history. this time will be no different, well let me retract that. the only way it would be different this time is if we blow ourselves to smithereens.

and that is completely dependent upon how the plebs throw off their masters. as it is happening, the world over, whether you want to see it or not

you'll have to trust me on this, they do not have your best interests at heart.

i'm pretty much a political atheist tho i do follow it pretty closely. there is a great deal of value in disinformation if you know what your looking for. one also needs to stay abreast of what the minions are doing because they affect your life greatly whether you like it or not. it is the grandest dog and pony show ever created of which they are quite proud of. with that being said. they all lie. if their lips are moving... you know the rest.

you say that the days when you graduate from high school with no appreciable skills and are set for life are over. they've been over for quite some time now and i'm pretty sure that that is not Trump's fault. the times, they are a changing. we are currently in the process of moving out of the industrial age into the technological age. every time we, as a society, move into another stage of our development, there are going to be hard times in the transition. it has always been the case all throughout history. this time will be no different, well let me retract that. the only way it would be different this time is if we blow ourselves to smithereens.

and that is completely dependent upon how the plebs throw off their masters. as it is happening, the world over, whether you want to see it or not

you'll have to trust me on this, they do not have your best interests at heart.

And Trump wants to take us back... Right before The Boomers start to kick the bucket!

Go figure!

Great post. Welding is one of the areas that is in demand. Truck drivers are needed also.

Calling him a consummate liar is droppings?... Who are you? Goebbels for the RNC? That we should hinge on your every conspiracy nut word?

Again another monumental leap by exiled............. :lol:

I simply pointed out that if Joe wanted bizrul to go away.........being the first to respond to her droppings over 3 hours later.........

is not a good way, simply ignore her.

But hey, your unrelated rant/response to me was funny too............

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

The funny thing is that whenever Trump tweets something, his opponents - the mainstream news outlets and dems primarily, come completely unglued. Every single time. It's extremely entertaining. And while they twist their collective panties in yet another daily wad, republicans, libertarians, independents, and literally everyone else laughs their collective asses off.

You lefties glom onto some new news report and post it, like it's actually going to make a difference. For crying out, loud how could you have missed the fact that the vast majority of right-leaning people here DO NOT AND DID NOT vote for and/or support Trump. Were you to actually voice legitimate concerns you have regarding this presidency, you might be surprised at the common ground you'd find. But no - you're too busy being led by Trump tweets and headlines from your confirmation-bias web sites. Are you really so goddam stupid to not see how you're being manipulated? Hasn't it ever once occurred to you that nearly every single one of us with conservative or libertarian leanings wanted someone in office other than Trump?

No? Then please, carry on. You have no idea how entertaining your mindless, pointless meltdown is to the rest of us.

And a special thanks to all of you who have generated new user IDs to hide behind in order to stop by and provide us all with bonus entertainment. Cheers! :beer:

Edited by Azalin