official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I'm a BBMB refugee. Hope to see a few familiar faces here.

good to see you here

Hello bilzfancy. Nice to see u here as well. I enjoyed ur posts on BBMB. Wonder how many others came over here from BBMB. Gona look through this thread and see if I see some.

good to see you here

Likewise.

Even though I had some posters who disliked me, I enjoyed things there, and it was sad the way things ended.

I'll do my best to keep things a bit lighter here. There's a different vibe, and I do not intend on disrupting that.

I'm here to follow my Bills and to discuss and get some news and info.

I joined the BBMB back in December. Even though I was new to it I found it was a good way to communicate about the Bills. There were some negative posters and trolls there but its something I'd ignore.

It was a real real crappy move not telling anyone they were going to get rid of the boards. 15 plus years up in smoke overnight with no consideration for the people who used the site.

Nonetheless, this looks like a nice site. Look forward to interacting here.

Good to see familiar faces as well as new ones.

Thanks for the hospitality.

Good to see familiar faces as well as new ones.

Thanks for the hospitality.

glad you came over, will miss the hockey talk over there

Hello all -- been a while since I posted here. The Bills shut down their message board without any warning to anyone, even admins. Now it redirects to Bills FB page. I guess the new PR guy is shaking things up! Anyway, should be good for Two Bills Drive traffic. Probably not all the traffic you want, but still. Haha.

well you no where to come..

Beast!!!!!

What's up, buddy? We need a fail thread! LOL

glad you came over, will miss the hockey talk over there

I just posted in a hockey thread here! Looks like good hockey discussion for sure.

Glad to see you here, Cy.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

you know i wasn't a mod right? t and c along with standingbuffalo hated me. it got to the point where all of my posts were being deleted. i even abandoned the name teef and started to post under a new name. eventually even the name teef was perma banned.

You deserve some sort of award then!

Not necessarily. Look, I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to remember the dial-up BBS days, message boards back before everybody and their brother had internet access. There was something nice about that, a tight knit and savvy group of people gathered online around a shared interest. Then broadband access in every home happened, everybody got online, and as things diluted, that niche feeling disappeared.

One of the main things I liked about TSW was it still had a little bit of that old-school online vibe. Was it free from trolls and other malcontents? Certainly not. Am I the most well-behaved denizen here? Hell no. A good percentage of my contributions tend to be in the form of sarcasm. But at the end of the day, I knew this was a place I could come to read a lot of interesting content by smart people. Like a small gathering of like-minded buddies at a bar, shooting the sh*t. Now I fear it's headed more in the direction of the beer tent at a county fair. Still fun, but a lot noisier, and a lot more bad behavior.

But that's what happens. Progress, right?

I get it....Hopefully, this place stays the way it is/was...

Favorite band ever.....

:worthy:

Going back to the old BBMB avatar....feels better B-)

Have you ever seen Ed Force One? I have a great view of all traffic coming into Tulsa, and happened to be staring out the window when Iron Maiden's 747 came in this past summer...with Bruce Dickenson in the captains seat...Very cooool!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Have you ever seen Ed Force One? I can see all traffic coming into Tulsa, and happened to be staring out the window when Iron Maidens 747 came in...with Bruce Dickenson in the captains seat...Very cooool!

Yep...Saw it this past summer both in Vancouver BC and SEATAC ( Seattle )....a beast of a plane ...I've seen them over 20 times over the years ...Huge fan..