2017 NFL combine

The Tankersley showdown really soured me on Hodges...if you can't dominate a corner at his size, and you aren't enough of a speed guy to be a move-TE, then what's the point?

He's not what people want you to believe he is. He could run 4.5 at that size, I still don't trust his hands and I don't think he's physical enough in traffic.

Yolo, not seen anything on Brown yet. Still waiting on Chris Godwin too, I so badly want him to be his listed 6'3".

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not what people want you to believe he is. He could run 4.5 at that size, I still don't trust his hands and I don't think he's physical enough in traffic.

Yolo, not seen anything on Brown yet. Still waiting on Chris Godwin too, I so badly want him to be his listed 6'3".

He is God's Gift though!

Folks tend to overthink it with QBs and RBs, not sure why.

Fournette is going to get drafted high, probably by Carolina, and will dominate at AP-level for the next 4-9 years.

Agreed on both fronts.

No worries and I will defer to you on this. I rarely watch LSU because they are a boring team. But I do understand your point about the defenses he faced because they had horrible qb play. Perhaps I'm letting the Alabama game cloud my judgment because I was very unimpressed by him.

With any draft pick, the team they go to is what matters. As some as pointed out, playing for Carolina seems like a great match. I'm just not a big fan of 2 down backs but perhaps he has better hands than I'm giving him credit for.

Side note, but end should be able to turn pro whenever they want. Their careers are so short so why waste time in college shortening them? Especially LF who looks like he is a 40 year old man already.

The offense has been boring for years unless you like power running football. Just typing Jordan Jefferson is making me puke in my mouth a little, aside from Zach Mettenberger its been BAAAAD QB play in Baton Rouge, I had hope for Brandon Harris but he just has no feel for the passing game.

The Alabama games for Leonard were abysmal because Saban and Co. know they could play zero coverage or C1, stack the box with 8/9 guys and dominate the LOS, Fornette never had a chance in those games, Alabama was great in run D to begin with.

Carolina is a great fit, I actually think Buffalo would be as well. I do think he could develop into a 3 down back and his 3rd down skills are emerging, and the ankle injury hindered that development this year. His hands are not great, but not awful either, he had several big gains on swing passes and screens.

I agree in theory about them turning pro, and maybe the could make a "special exemption" for guys like Fournette to declare earlier than year 3 given their physical characteristics, but realistically for the general college athletic population it would do more harm than good, the vast majority are not ready for it, mentally or physically. LF looks older than I do and I am nearly 2x his age, I think he could have gone pro after his freshman year personally.

Here we go

@chasegoodbread

#49ers' John Lynch: DeShone Kizer "blew the doors off" in his interview with the club Wednesday night.

#NFLCombine

Lynch followed this comment with: "Did I mention the #2 pick is available for trade?" #Lyingseason, #KizersAutoSalesNoCreditNeeded

@armandosalguero

University of Miami TE David Njoku was measured with an 82 1/2-inch wingspan at the NFL combine. Slightly less than a 747 airliner.

To be 'average height' for that arm span, Njoku would be 6'10". Bonkers.

He's also a phenomenal talent. Thought he'd be one-dimensional but he really tries as a blocker too. Not that good at it but willing.

Very odd to state that. Maybe 49ers trying to get someone to trade up?

Seems pretty obvious.... Good God I hope Doug doesn't fall for it :cry:

To be 'average height' for that arm span, Njoku would be 6'10". Bonkers.

He's also a phenomenal talent. Thought he'd be one-dimensional but he really tries as a blocker too. Not that good at it but willing.

Cementing himself into the top 20? A willing blocker (clearly needing some work), with his athleticism and offensive skills? I think so.

@greggabe

News that Jonathan Allen has moderate arthritis in both shoulders is huge. Fact is arthritic conditions never improve, they only get worse

A DaQuan Bowers like fall? I think this causes him to fall out of the top 10 at least, but how far?

@4joshreed

Western Michigan OL Taylor Moton met with the #Bills and said "it went well for me.. I hope they think so"

@4joshreed

WVU center Tyler Orlosky met with #Bills. Said it went well. Versatile o-lineman who believes he can play guard as well

Edited by YoloinOhio

Trubisky 6'2", 222 pounds, 9 1/2" hands.

Kizer 6'4", 233 pounds, 9 7/8" hands.

Watson 6'2 1/2", 221 pounds, 9 3/4" hands.

Mahomes 6'2", 225 pounds, 9 1/4" hands.

All clear every major threshold for the majority of teams, although some teams will downgrade Mahomes for just making their baseline.

Kizer was always going to win the combine, his interviews should also be impressive. That said, i don't think he has the leadership skills to run a team of grown men at this point in his career.