Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is holding their breath on a "big" move coming for us, TJ Lang to play RT or Donta Hightower are about the only two "big" pieces left. I think Doug is going to use our remaining cap space to sign a whole bunch of guys around $1-$3 mil on short term deals to fill up the roster hoping some of them can shine.

Some of you guys complaining don't remember how much time we have to build the roster. We have consistently brought in guys in the second and third waves of free agency and it has yielded results. I am not worried about us blowing money on hot names.

Some of you guys complaining don't remember how much time we have to build the roster. We have consistently brought in guys in the second and third waves of free agency and it has yielded results. I am not worried about us blowing money on hot names.

++++++++++

I know man! People too super freakin anxious! go steal some dope from Dareus and smoke some! We don't need to BUY an all-pro team. Just gotta develop them. Nobody can BUY one. Look at where Redskins are!

Also, looking at the FAs available.. it's meh... draft is better.

Why do we constantly ignore WR? Every year we leave ourselves so thin at WR and rely on Sammy to cary the entire load. The guy can't stay healthy and most good teams can take 1 WR away (if that's all you have). I'm not saying we should have paid Woods, but come on. IMO we should sign at least 1 if not 2 WRs. It doesn't have to be a huge name, but how about a guy like Ginn or Stevie? I would have like to have seen Garçon or Smith...but at this point il settle for the next tier FAs. Just do something. At this point we have 1 WR on the roster that would even get on the field for another NFL team. It's not good enough.

Why do we constantly ignore WR? Every year we leave ourselves so thin at WR and rely on Sammy to cary the entire load. The guy can't stay healthy and most good teams can take 1 WR away (if that's all you have). I'm not saying we should have paid Woods, but come on. IMO we should sign at least 1 if not 2 WRs. It doesn't have to be a huge name, but how about a guy like Ginn or Stevie? I would have like to have seen Garçon or Smith...but at this point il settle for the next tier FAs. Just do something. At this point we have 1 WR on the roster that would even get on the field for another NFL team. It's not good enough.

Are we even 48 hours into Free Agency? Maybe we want a WR in the draft and will grab some bodies when the smoke settles. Patience is key this time of year. You'll blow a gasket, relax.. Watch some Netflix to get your mind off of the indecision... my recommendation Black Mirror. Makes our Twilight Zone of fandom seem like mild discomfort.

Are we even 48 hours into Free Agency? Maybe we want a WR in the draft and will grab some bodies when the smoke settles. Patience is key this time of year. You'll blow a gasket, relax.. Watch some Netflix to get your mind off of the indecision... my recommendation Black Mirror. Makes our Twilight Zone of fandom seem like mild discomfort.

we needed a guy last year all year to and all we have done since then is lose guys. When the dust settles, the good guys will be gone. This team does not deserve the benifit of the doubt. And that is nobody else's fault. When a team consistently underwhelms and misses the playoffs, there is no place for calm trust.

Alshon Jefferys deal isnt worth $14 million

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2017, 6:51 PM EST

The bizarre game of whack-a-scoop that a growing number of NFL insiders play often results in the truth getting in the way of scoring one more point in a game about which precious few actually care. Case in point: The contract signed Thursday by new Eagles receiver Alshon Jeffery.

Leaked by the player, the agent, or both to multiple outlets as a one-year deal worth $14 million, its not. Its worth $9.5 million, with $4.5 million in incentives that will be fully reached only if Jeffery makes it to the Pro Bowl something he has done only once in his year, four years ago.

The reason for the #fakenews is simple. Jeffery and/or agent end up creating the impression that he got the best receiver deal in free agency, even though he didnt. For Jeffery, who made franchise-tag money a year ago, it avoids the blow to the ego that comes from taking a pay cut. For the agent, its a contract that can be used to recruit other clients.

For the reporters who took the information and ran with it, well, thats just the cost of doing business in #scooptown. Because sometimes the challenge of getting the real news includes deliberately or unwittingly peddling in fake news, too.

9.5 mil, hmmmm. 🦅