Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FieldYates

Source: former Bengals RB Rex Burkhead is at Gillette Stadium visiting the Patriots today.

Bill knows all of your narratives and is now doing this to prove a point :D

friggin knew it, why is it so hard to copy the patriots, yes they have Tommy Boy, but is it impossible to run pick plays and have backs catch more than a swing pass ???

Might be controversial but Burkhead > CMac.

I've had a thing for a few random RB's in the past few years. Rex, Roy Helu, Cedric Peerman (mainly for ST purposes).

C'mon Blokes, no way is Burkhead better than McCaffrey, I think you like being contrarian

Insert Dagger... tear drops.

:death::cry:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

. CB Terence Newman

(Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Newman’s play at the age of 38 is barely believable. Last season for the Vikings he allowed a league-best mark of 0.58 yards per snap in coverage, and an average of only 8.4 yards per catch. He gave up just one score all season and wasn’t beaten for a catch longer than 24 yards across 754 snaps of play. Newman allowed a total of 31 yards after the catch all season, and though he only had one interception, he broke up five more passes and allowed just 51.8 percent of targets to be caught. He is still playing at an incredibly high level, but at his age teams won’t want to commit to anything longer than a one-year deal.

At 38 yrs old this guy led the league in yds per coverage snap and only allowed 31 total yds after catch and 1 td all year! Wow, that is hard to believe.

. CB Terence Newman

(Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

Newman’s play at the age of 38 is barely believable. Last season for the Vikings he allowed a league-best mark of 0.58 yards per snap in coverage, and an average of only 8.4 yards per catch. He gave up just one score all season and wasn’t beaten for a catch longer than 24 yards across 754 snaps of play. Newman allowed a total of 31 yards after the catch all season, and though he only had one interception, he broke up five more passes and allowed just 51.8 percent of targets to be caught. He is still playing at an incredibly high level, but at his age teams won’t want to commit to anything longer than a one-year deal.

At 38 yrs old this guy led the league in yds per coverage snap and only allowed 31 total yds after catch and 1 td all year! Wow, that is hard to believe.

That is crazy. Tougher to keep play at a higher level for CB than a lot of other positions at an older age

C'mon Blokes, no way is Burkhead better than McCaffrey, I think you like being contrarian

I guess it depends on how you see the two. I think Rex has been the best RB on the Bengals roster since he joined it. Criminally underrated.

I also don't think the sun shines out of McCaffrey's backside. I know you differ on that assessment but I think they are slightly different variations on the same theme. Rex might not have the long speed but he's one shifty dude and he's a little thicker/stronger which I prefer in a 3rd down back for pass pro.

I guess it depends on how you see the two. I think Rex has been the best RB on the Bengals roster since he joined it. Criminally underrated.

I also don't think the sun shines out of McCaffrey's backside. I know you differ on that assessment but I think they are slightly different variations on the same theme. Rex might not have the long speed but he's one shifty dude and he's a little thicker/stronger which I prefer in a 3rd down back for pass pro.

Is mccaffrey projected at RB or WR? I think I was projecting he and Curtis Samuel in similar roles, and Samuel is projected at WR. Just wondering.

Is mccaffrey projected at RB or WR? I think I was projecting he and Curtis Samuel in similar roles, and Samuel is projected at WR. Just wondering.

I believe he's seen as a running back, which he is. I'm not fond of him as a between-the-tackles runner but he's far from being a bad runner. His agility will give him chances to make people miss even if he's not a thudding type of guy into contact.

I think he's on that Vereen/Riddick scale. Can be a solid 3.8-4.2 YPC guy as a runner but needs 6-7 targets per game to vary his workload. You take him in the 1st, you must be thinking he can get better as a pure runner like David Johnson did.

I believe he's seen as a running back, which he is. I'm not fond of him as a between-the-tackles runner but he's far from being a bad runner. His agility will give him chances to make people miss even if he's not a thudding type of guy into contact.

I think he's on that Vereen/Riddick scale. Can be a solid 3.8-4.2 YPC guy as a runner but needs 6-7 targets per game to vary his workload. You take him in the 1st, you must be thinking he can get better as a pure runner like David Johnson did.

He's an "offensive weapon" ala Percy Harvin. He can return kicks, work as a rb or play in the slot, he has much more experience in a "pro" style passing offense than Fournette.

Feast Mode on his way to Seattle

@mikegarafolo

Eddie Lacy's deal with the Seahawks: $3m guaranteed over one year, worth up to $5.5m

I think he will have a good year if he's healthy and in relative good shape. They obviously were not comfortable with Rawls and Prosise carrying the load.

Now word that Seattle will still meet with Jamaal Charles:

Former #Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles, who was scheduled to visit the #Seahawks this week, is still visiting tomorrow. That hasn’t changed.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/841685732901167105

Edited by H2o

Throughout many threads since F/A opened, I have seen many posters wanting Patterson. Not sure why, he is a KR, and the occasional gadget guy. Not much more. Why would the Vikings move on from him. I will never forget watching a combine drill of him where the WR runs from sideline to sideline with footballs being alternately thrown from each direction. I think he dropped like 75% of them.

Think Heyward-Bey.

I agree the Bills still need to find their #2 WR, but it isn't Patterson.

Throughout many threads since F/A opened, I have seen many posters wanting Patterson. Not sure why, he is a KR, and the occasional gadget guy. Not much more. Why would the Vikings move on from him. I will never forget watching a combine drill of him where the WR runs from sideline to sideline with footballs being alternately thrown from each direction. I think he dropped like 75% of them.

Think Heyward-Bey.

I agree the Bills still need to find their #2 WR, but it isn't Patterson.

He's maybe the league's best KOR guy with great size and potential upside as a vertical threat........and most importantly.......the Bills have just one WR on their roster that would even make most teams.

He'd have to be CHEAP.......but he'd have been nice to have on this roster with it's razor thin WR corps.

He's maybe the league's best KOR guy with great size and potential upside as a vertical threat........and most importantly.......the Bills have just one WR on their roster that would even make most teams.

He'd have to be CHEAP.......but he'd have been nice to have on this roster with it's razor thin WR corps.

I was referring to some posts looking at him as our #2 for 17-18. While his KR skills cannot be denied, the rest of his resume, is nothing but ifs and maybes. I'm guessing he is looking for a decent contract, otherwise he'd still be with the Vikings or signed by another team.

I agree that I'd have no problem with him as a #4WR/KR on a 1 year deal...just don't want him as a #2 on opening day.

And his value went way down with the new kickoff rules

I think he will have a good year if he's healthy and in relative good shape. They obviously were not comfortable with Rawls and Prosise carrying the load.

Now word that Seattle will still meet with Jamaal Charles:

Former #Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles, who was scheduled to visit the #Seahawks this week, is still visiting tomorrow. That hasnt changed.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/841685732901167105

Lacy reportedly weighed in at 267.

Maybe he's bulking up to play RT for them?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was referring to some posts looking at him as our #2 for 17-18. While his KR skills cannot be denied, the rest of his resume, is nothing but ifs and maybes. I'm guessing he is looking for a decent contract, otherwise he'd still be with the Vikings or signed by another team.

I agree that I'd have no problem with him as a #4WR/KR on a 1 year deal...just don't want him as a #2 on opening day.

Yeah he's not a #2 WR......his WR skills are suspect to say the least........but he did improve and is big and fast and Tyrod's strength is the deep ball.

A guy who averages over 30 yards per return pretty much guarantees that teams will give you the ball at the 25 yard line every time and you won't be wearing out your special teams units(or key skill players as returners) trying to get back to the 25 yard line every time.

How much is that worth? Probably not a huge amount but he's durable and there is always that hope you can harness that first round draft pick potential and get big plays out of him in the pass game.