Unintended Leak of Tyrod's Future??

theesir

Aw man - god forbid we go 3-13 instead of 7-9 or 8-8. We might actually have a shot at a legitimate QB.

I don't understand why this team is so afraid of bottoming out. Mediocrity is worse than a rebuild, in my opinion.

By bottoming out - you have a chance to move forward. This Tyrod move will keep us in the middle. Where we've been for well over a decade.

You also can whiff. There is no guaranteed pot of gold awaiting you.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parenthesis?

Duh, I blame focus on my lunch vs TBD for that one :D

So you "know" a team with the #1 rushing attack, #7 in scoring until they tanked the last week, and a once-great defense that is mostly intact, is done?

I don't know, correct. All we can do is try to look at this objectively. Come join us and try as well.

I think PTR answered for me... :beer:

So you "know" a team with the #1 rushing attack, #7 in scoring until they tanked the last week, and a once-great defense that is mostly intact, is done?

Yes. We've covered this. The once great defense is no longer here.

Mario Williams gone,.

Kyle Williams, on last legs

Jerry Hughes, injured last year, terrible last year

So goes the strength of the defense from 2013-2014

Linebackers

Alexander, gone

Zach Brown, free agent

Ragland, scheme change and recovering from torn ACL

Bradham, gone

Safeties

Searcy, gone

A Williams, injured and done

Corey Graham, old now, was once very nice player

Corners,

S Gilmore, best corner gone

Edited by jeffismagic

Yes. We've covered this. The once great defense is no longer here.

Mario Williams gone,.

Kyle Williams, on last legs

Jerry Hughes, injured last year, terrible last year

So goes the strength of the defense from 2013-2014

Linebackers

Alexander, gone

Zach Brown, free agent

Ragland, scheme change and recovering from torn ACL

Bradham, gone

Safeties

Searcy, gone

A Williams, injured and done

Corey Graham, old now, was once very nice player

Corners,

S Gilmore, best corner gone

Browns, Jags, 49ers, Rams gone too.

Yes. But what does standing pat do? If you're not swinging, you're never hitting a Home Run. And isn't that what we ultimately want to do? Or do we want to just sneak into the Postseason like Miami this year and get spanked Wild Card weekend?

Taylor will be going into his 7th season and his 3rd full year as a starter. You don't make significant strides in your game this late in your career as a passer.

He is what he is and it's not good enough. Especially if you're going to put significant money into him. Worst case scenario if Taylor goes is we get to see what 12 Gauge has and we'll put that money into the Defense.

And if Cardale shows nothing - we'll get the USC QB everyone's clamoring over in Indy today.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I am not advocating a 5 year Sabres style rebuild.

Cut the mediocre players due for big raises like Tyrod, load up on draft picks, trade back when you can.

Two great drafts and we can compete.

If we try to but a band aid on the gunshot wound we will be worse off next year.

I think 90% here would take the gamble of drafting a QB with a top five pick in the 2018 draft vs going with Tyrod Taylor for the 2017 and 2018 seasons if given the choice between these two options.

Forget even the 2018 draft, Cardale Jones has as much upside as any of the QBs in this draft, and with Prescott's success I could see the Bills being bold and deciding that they have, like Dallas, a great running game to support Jones' vs picking up that huge contract for a game managing average QB.

Yes. But what does standing pat do? If you're not swinging, you're never hitting a Home Run. And isn't that what we ultimately want to do? Or do we want to sneak into the Postseason like Miami this year and get spanked Wild Card weekend?

Taylor will be going into his 7th season and his 3rd full year as a starter. You don't make significant strides in your game this late in your career as a passer.

He is what he is and it's not good enough. Especially if you're going to put significant money into him. Worst case scenario if Taylor goes is we get to see what 12 Gauge has and we'll put that money into the Defense.

And if Cardale shows nothing - we'll get the USC QB everyone's clamoring over in Indy today.

Matt Ryan has been a starter for 9 years in the NFL.

His 2016 QBR was 83.1 - about 10 points better than his previous best.

His 2017 passer rating was 117.1 - nearly 20 points better than his previous best.

Jim Plunkett, to give another example, was a mediocre journeyman who had finally broke out in 1982, his 11th season, when he finally polished his skill set and got plugged into the right offense.

Some QBs are slow learners. And some QBs need the right coach/system to bring out the best in them.

I worry that we've already seen Tyrod at his very best. But I'm not convinced we have.

If Dennison can boost Tyrod's passer rating by 20 points and his QBR by 10 points - like the coaches in Atlanta did with Ryan - we'll all be thrilled with the decision to stick with Taylor.

I think 90% here would take the gamble of drafting a QB with a top five pick in the 2018 draft vs going with Tyrod Taylor for the 2017 and 2018 seasons if given the choice between these two options.

Forget even the 2018 draft, Cardale Jones has as much upside as any of the QBs in this draft, and with Prescott's success I could see the Bills being bold and deciding that they have, like Dallas, a great running game to support Jones' vs picking up that huge contract for a game managing average QB.

Give me Cardale, Mahomes, and a top 5 QB in 2018 and I will bet that one will be better than Tyrod.

Matt Ryan has been a starter for 9 years in the NFL.

His 2016 QBR was 83.1 - about 10 points better than his previous best.

His 2017 passer rating was 117.1 - nearly 20 points better than his previous best.

Jim Plunkett, to give another example, was a mediocre journeyman who had finally broke out in 1982, his 11th season, when he finally polished his skill set and got plugged into the right offense.

Some QBs are slow learners. And some QBs need the right coach/system to bring out the best in them.

I worry that we've already seen Tyrod at his very best. But I'm not convinced we have.

If Dennison can boost Tyrod's passer rating by 20 points and his QBR by 10 points - like the coaches in Atlanta did with Ryan - we'll all be thrilled with the decision to stick with Taylor.

You are in the minority. Even most Tyrod fans think he is what he is.

Terrence McKelvey is a financial advisor for many NFL Players and does talks for many teams. He just posted this on Twitter and then deleted it a few minutes later...

Guess Who's Staying with Buffalo!! @tyrodTaylor

It had a picture of him with an arm around Tyrod. I have a screen cap, but can't figure out how to post the picture.

Donald Trump is gonna be pissed for this type of leak. I mean really pissed.

Sean's emphasis on "system" and "process" indicate to me that he is actively shopping for a bridge QB to compete with/tee up Cardele. Perhaps we sign a qb if one falls just so, but either way, I got a 'we're moving on' vibe.

As for "he is what he is" - I don't completely buy it. Tyrod has been given strict, unchanging directions under Rex - don't lose us the game. I definitely think Tyrod needs to get better vision, and needs to learn how to throw through a route, instead of just at the end of it - but i think his ceiling is higher with a guy who trusts him to wing it alil bit.

either way we're doomed.

Sean's emphasis on "system" and "process" indicate to me that he is actively shopping for a bridge QB to compete with/tee up Cardele. Perhaps we sign a qb if one falls just so, but either way, I got a 'we're moving on' vibe.

As for "he is what he is" - I don't completely buy it. Tyrod has been given strict, unchanging directions under Rex - don't lose us the game. I definitely think Tyrod needs to get better vision, and needs to learn how to throw through a route, instead of just at the end of it - but i think his ceiling is higher with a guy who trusts him to wing it alil bit.

either way we're doomed.

When the question of Taylor came up, he mentioned that the Bills would do what's in the best interest in both the short term and long term. If Taylor was ever regarded as the long term option then they would have immediately told everyone they were picking up the option and that he's 100% their franchise guy. Taylor will never be regarded as the short term solution because that contract option forces the organization to "show their cards" on how much they believe in the QB that's been their starter for 2 years. Once they say they aren't picking it up, there is simply no way to mend something like that.

The Bills are playing coy because they're probably waiting till the last second on the chance that there's a team willing to trade for Taylor for a 4th rounder (they don't have one of those right now). If the combine is a disaster for a few top QB prospects, the Bills may have a real chance for getting something for Taylor.

The long term option is that the Bills will add competition for Jones. Maybe this draft, if that doesn't happen then what Jones does this year will be the final decision on whether they go QB in round 1 of the 2018 draft.

Duh, I blame focus on my lunch vs TBD for that one :D

What you lacked by saying parenthesis, you more than made up for with the excellent usage of "duh." We just don't get enough "duh" anymore.

What you lacked by saying parenthesis, you more than made up for with the excellent usage of "duh." We just don't get enough "duh" anymore.

Right? I feel the same way...

Bring back the classics! :beer:, or in tonight's case, :gin:

Try taking a gander at our schedule.

Our? I did look at yours but I do not see any baseball teams on ours.

Waitress? Who you kidding with a waitress? I am thinking dishwasher, or maybe hunchback bus girl.

I am sure she is wearing a bag over her head so she does not need to see him. :bag:

Aw man - god forbid we go 3-13 instead of 7-9 or 8-8. We might actually have a shot at a legitimate QB.

I don't understand why this team is so afraid of bottoming out. Mediocrity is worse than a rebuild, in my opinion. It's like they think not being 32nd in the league is some sort of victory.

By bottoming out - you have a chance to move forward. Tyrod staying will keep us in the middle. Where we've been for well over a decade.

Yes follow the Browns model.