Unintended Leak of Tyrod's Future??

theesir

The fact that I'm not shocked upsets me more than the fact that the Bills are throwing money at a sub-par QB.

If this turns out to be true, it will be the first time I'll say that it's time for Doug Whaley to go. I've been a big fan of his since he joined the team and I think he's done a fine job as GM.

But this - if true - is simply stupid.

Bring on 4-12.

McDermott and staff are far more influential in any decision to keep TT or not. I'll give Whaley and Manos credit for preparing for either scenario though.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not announced, it isn't real.

The Bills have until March 11th to take action. (I don't know why that is the date)

As the time increases between the leak-->official announcement .... the probability of it being fake news increases exponentially.

Real signings get reported quickly.

My thoughts are "f*** it" for the most part. I'm not a Tyrod fan. I don't think he's a QB who will ever win us any games with his arm. He's not going to pick apart opposing teams' defenses snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. I believe he is who he is and what we have seen is exactly what we are getting. Fanboys can be fanboys, but I say we will be nothing more than mediocre with him at the helm. I understand others see the world through different colored glasses, but this is just my 2.

If it's not announced, it isn't real.

The Bills have until March 11th to take action. (I don't know why that is the date)

As the time increases between the leak-->official announcement .... the probability of it being fake news increases exponentially.

Real signings get reported quickly.

Or, the front office is still in the process of exploring other options they feel would better serve the team in the long run. Who knows what that may entail, exactly, but perhaps they'd want all the time available to pursue them.

My thoughts are "f*** it" for the most part. I'm not a Tyrod fan. I don't think he's a QB who will ever win us any games with his arm. He's not going to pick apart opposing teams' defenses snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. I believe he is who he is and what we have seen is exactly what we are getting. Fanboys can be fanboys, but I say we will be nothing more than mediocre with him at the helm. I understand others see the world through different colored glasses, but this is just my 2.

I think the whole idea of this "Tyrod fanboy" you speak of is a classic strawman, created by a handful of posters on here. Case and point, I myself have been accused of being a fanboy but what I am, in actuality, is a realist. Tyrod Taylor is definitively a starting caliber NFL QB. If he doesn't start for us, he's starting for someone else. He's probably around the 20-25th best QB in the whole world. While he is frustratingly slow with his progressions and often times needs to get rid of the damn ball, he is also fairly accurate, avoids the big mistake (really any mistakes), he's the most dynamic running QB in the league and he's proven that he can put points on the board. That's what he is. Has he hit his ceiling? I don't know, maybe. But it's a fair argument to question whether or not they're gonna do any better right now. And to be honest, I'm not sure there's many posters out there who are any higher on him than that. So let me ask you this: am I a fanboy?

And I agree with you about him not picking apart defenses and coming back from two TD's but I totally disagree with you about us being mediocre with him or as a result of him. I think everyone on this website would agree that we would have ended our playoff drought by now if we had the 2013-14 defenses the last two seasons. I think Rex damaged this defense more than maybe you realize.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think the whole idea of this "Tyrod fanboy" you speak of is a classic strawman, created by a handful of posters on here. Case and point, I myself have been accused of being a fanboy but what I am, in actuality, is a realist. Tyrod Taylor is definitively a starting caliber NFL QB. If he doesn't start for us, he's starting for someone else. He's probably around the 20-25th best QB in the whole world. While he is frustratingly slow with his progressions and often times needs to get rid of the damn ball, he is also fairly accurate, avoids the big mistake (really any mistakes), he's the most dynamic running QB in the league and he's proven that he can put points on the board. That's what he is. Has he hit his ceiling? I don't know, maybe. But it's a fair argument to question whether or not they're gonna do any better right now. And to be honest, I'm not sure there's many posters out there who are any higher on him than that. So let me ask you this: am I a fanboy?

And I agree with you about him not picking apart defenses and coming back from two TD's but I totally disagree with you about us being mediocre with him or as a result of him. I think everyone on this website would agree that we would have ended out playoff drought by now if we had the 2013-14 defenses the last two seasons. I think Rex damaged this defense more than maybe you realize.

To add to this i also dont know if he has hit his ceiling

What I CAN say with a fair amount of confidence is the players around him have NOT hit their ceilings.....not when your without the WR you have up a kings ransom for....your 2nd best WR is hurt most of the year......and your resorting to bringing in Percy Harvin off the couch cuz you have NOTHING at the position but street free agents

The use of Clay was frustratingly late......you can see O'Leary open quite often underneath the coverage..but it does not change the fact that the talent at pass catcher was very bad as a whole.

Improve that

Ugh. ABT

yeah he can start, for a losing team

OK but at the risk of playing chicken and the egg here, what if Tyrod Taylor was the QB of the 2015 Broncos? Or the 2016 Chiefs? Or the 2017 Bills with a top ten defense? I'd like to see what this team looks like with an improved defense before I declare that Taylor is incapable of leading a winning team.

OK but at the risk of playing chicken and the egg here, what if Tyrod Taylor was the QB of the 2015 Broncos? Or the 2016 Chiefs? Or the 2017 Bills with a top ten defense? I'd like to see what this team looks like with an improved defense before I declare that Taylor is incapable of leading a winning team.

You just have fans that want to win because of their QB....and dont give a rats ass that its a team game with 3 phases of a team

And I agree with you about him not picking apart defenses and coming back from two TD's but I totally disagree with you about us being mediocre with him or as a result of him. I think everyone on this website would agree that we would have ended our playoff drought by now if we had the 2013-14 defenses the last two seasons. I think Rex damaged this defense more than maybe you realize.

Metz, you became a "realist" 3 months after being a second away of proclaiming TT Russell Wilson. Revisionist history, population you bro.

OK but at the risk of playing chicken and the egg here, what if Tyrod Taylor was the QB of the 2015 Broncos? Or the 2016 Chiefs? Or the 2017 Bills with a top ten defense? I'd like to see what this team looks like with an improved defense before I declare that Taylor is incapable of leading a winning team. alexTh e

The problem with Taylor is he has too many holes in his game to be consistent. He will make flashy plays, he will get you a few long td throws but that is not enough. He can't make easy short throws on a consistent basis , he can't or won't throw the ball over the middle of the field. He holds the ball entirely too long.

t

The problem with Taylor is he has too many holes in his game to be consistent. He will make flashy plays, he will get you a few long td throws but that is not enough. He can't make easy short throws on a consistent basis , he can't or won't throw the ball over the middle of the field. He holds the ball entirely too long.

t

bla bla bla

TT is very consistant......he plays to his strengths and does give the game away with costly mistakes.

He has some warts.....being consistant is not one of them

Rex ruined the defense. McDermott will ruin the run game.

Release Shady. Retain Tyrod. Lolololozzzzz

Go Bills ! Make it 25.

Another L for Ryan L.

You think maybe there is a connection?

Perhaps you should just get a bridge name..... Rionel?......like Rionel Richie..... and see if that helps?

Or perhaps go full rebuild?

You just have fans that want to win because of their QB....and dont give a rats ass that its a team game with 3 phases of a team

yes it is a three phase games, but to win with Tylor you have to be elite in two areas. I understand from time to time teams have elite defenses , but it usually only last a season or two before age or free agency destroys it. If you get the qb you can win with slightly above average defense.

yes it is a three phase games, but to win with Tylor you have to be elite in two areas. I understand from time to time teams have elite defenses , but it usually only last a season or two before age or free agency destroys it. If you get the qb you can win with slightly above average defense.

intersting

We were 500 with two of those phases not being elite

bla bla bla

TT is very consistant......he plays to his strengths and does give the game away with costly mistakes.

He has some warts.....being consistant is not one of them

the man can stretch a play out.. granted he seems to have a problem not having brady-like passing skills , but after watching the horrible QB play in recent years, i like him.. i like how i feel he gives the team a chance to win.. there were a few instances if a call or a break goes our way , a couple of games end up differently.. IMO

Edited by dwight in philly