The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

OK guys, read the headline and then the article. This Newsweek article was posted on the MSN homepage and is quite the opposite from the headline. I know, nothing new but thiskindofshit just pisses me off. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-tries-to-court-black-voters-after-refusing-to-denounce-white-supremacy/ar-BB19DhCN?li=BBnbfcL

Donald Trump Tries to Court Black Voters After Refusing to Denounce White Supremacy

Coming as it does amid continuing demonstrations about racial injustice in the U.S., many political analysts view Trump's push for Black votes as a long shot, to put it mildly. In the first presidential debate Joe Biden called Trump a "racist," and the president notably failed to denounce white supremacy. Even Trump's closest advisers have occasionally expressed some skepticism as to whether he could boost his share of the Black vote this time around. "Maybe, maybe not," Jared Kushner, senior adviser to the president and Trump's son in law, told Newsweek this past summer when asked if he thought the campaign could attract significantly more African American support.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The alt right Trumpies and the far left Greenwaldians meet somewhere in Conspiracyland.

The Horseshoe Theory of politics is now irrefutable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

the horseshoe theory asserts that the far-left and the far-right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, closely resemble one another, analogous to the way that the opposite ends of a horseshoe are close together. The theory is attributed to French philosopher and writer Jean-Pierre Faye.[2] Proponents of the theory point to a number of similarities between the far-left and the far-right, including their supposed propensity to gravitate to authoritarianism or totalitarianism.

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

QhtxaVG.jpg

The District of Southern Manhatten's subpoena is not just for Trump's taxes which I assumed were filed the way they were to evade taxes - no surprise to me, they also are seeking to dig deeper into the Trump Org's financial records from Mazars USA particularly tracing the funds flowing through it's roughly 500 LLCs.

What do these have in common?

Trump Foundation Charity

Trump Victory Fund

They were both indicted for fraud and misappropriation of funds.

Regarding the LLCs

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/taxes/what-trump-s-disclosure-his-500-llcs-can-can-t-n874391

Not sure why they are slow-walking the investigation. One generally does not create a bevy of LLCs in states with lax reporting laws or shell companies in countries that do not disclose to the US unless they are trying to hide income, the source of income, and evade laws and taxes.

I can only guess that they likely do not want the constitutional mess of criminally charging a sitting President.

What a cluster * our government has become since Citizen's United...too many of them on both sides of the isle are simply bought and dirty.

I think there also could be some connections to many large Manhatten real estate deals, Trump Org, and Prevezon Holdings a shell company used by wealthy Russians trying to launder money to get around the Magnitsky Act.

Folks should educate themselves on Magnitsky...poor bastard. Russia has a very low survival rate for honest men and whistle blowers.

The Southern District was very active in that case and some may remember the news of Nikolai Gorokhov, a witness in the Prevezon Holdings case getting tossed out of the 4th floor of his apartment bldg.

8 other Russians identified and involved in this case died in mysterious and violent circumstances.

Follow the money, then follow the money. That is all investigators can do.

The swamp is alive and well.

2 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Is it possible that this is the event they use to unmask the MSM?

It's working out that way even if it wasn't the plan. 

Only fools are still buying what the MSM is selling. And there are a lot of 'em, but they're making themselves irrelevant by sticking with them.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

I can only guess that they likely do not want the constitutional mess of criminally charging a sitting President.

Right.  Because Donald Trump does his own campaign finance paperwork along with his own taxes. 

Politicians don't really want campaign finance reform.  Taking away the "incumbent advantage" would level the playing field and the trash that has spent a lifetime in DC would likely be out in a single election.  So that's about as likely as HRC ever being elected President.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Right.  Because Donald Trump does his own campaign finance paperwork along with his own taxes. 

Politicians don't really want campaign finance reform.  Taking away the "incumbent advantage" would level the playing field and the trash that has spent a lifetime in DC would likely be out in a single election.  So that's about as likely as HRC ever being elected President.

Feigned ignorance about your finances is not innocence.

One could argue (probably successfully) that the way Trump Org was setup to obfuscate finances was a premeditated and deliberate act.

I will never understand the cult-like devotion people have for politicians and crooks. Like they have a genetic need to worship another human; To stand in crowds and chant or wave banners or yell Heil mein Fuhrer!

Where nationalism starts down a slippery slope of thinking in terms of "real Americans" and the amorphous enemy.

If they just can't help themselves they should look for their hero figures somewhere other than DC politics.

Like when the Dems grandstand roasting some cancer drug company's CEO for arbitrary price gouging, yet the big political donors to both sides (JJ, Pfizer, Bayer, etc.) do the exact same thing on a grander scale costing tax payers billions in medical costs subsidizing their for-profit industries and nothing happens to them and business goes on as usual.

It is a show to appease the ignorant masses using a less politically connected scape goat into thinking real change is happening...

As far as I know Federal law still currently prohibits the Secretary of Health and Human Services from negotiating prescription drug prices. Only Congress has the power to change this law. 

So we have this big bag of tax money and rather than negotiate how much we are willing to pay these companies like the EU and everyone else does we just hand it over...

Follow the money.

We hang the petty thieves and elect the great ones to office.

Aesop 

Edited by WideNine