The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

How is it not?

Every president gets unfairly pumped up by media favorable to him, and unfairly put down by media not favorable to him.

it happens to everyone.  Whining about it or acting like it’s new is little league.

Edited by Crayola64

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Every president gets unfairly pumped up by media favorable to him, and unfairly put down by media not favorable to him.

it happens to everyone.  Whining about it or acting like it’s new is little league.

I recently read that 95% of the news articles about Trump are negative while 80% of the news articles about Obama were positive.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I recently read that 95% of the news articles about Trump are negative while 80% of the news articles about Obama were positive.

Arent their more liberal leaning major news stations?  CNN and MSNB vs Fox?

And trump intentionally antagonizes on Twitter.  Why wouldn’t there be opposite reactions to that?

And he one Intentionally antagonizes the news stations that don’t align with him.

i mean whine about something else

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I heard that reported today as well, only worded slightly differently: 5% positive reporting for Trump vs 80% positive for Obama, but I believe there was a caveat stating that the numbers were from "mainstream" news outlets, not from all sources.

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

And trump intentionally antagonizes on Twitter.  Why wouldn’t there be opposite reactions to that?

And he one Intentionally antagonizes the news stations that don’t align with him.

The numbers include the major networks as well as cable outlets.

Of course Trump uses twitter to antagonize - he's using it to blast people who are reporting things he believes to be either false or unfair, including entire networks. It's not a question of "not aligning" with him.

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Oh, so if the media overwhelmingly slants left it's ok to overwhelmingly criticize Trump.

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Awesome standing O for Trump at the football game!!!

Not a fan of the President (be it Trump or Obama) injecting themselves into sporting events or other apolitical events.

Throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game is a tradition but beyond that is too much.  Trump on the field for the National Anthem or Obama's annual March Madness Bracket special on ESPN are a step too far.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No, the mainstream media is 100 percent negative on Trimp and was 100 percent ass kissing for Obama

Fox news?  The station trump actually thanks through his twitter account?  Are you trolling? 

Fox news heavily slants right, and CNN and MSNC left.  By viewership the numbers are pretty close.  This isn't rocket science.  Why in the world would it bother you.

Edited by Crayola64

16 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Fox news?  The station trump actually thanks through his twitter account?  Are you trolling? 

Fox news heavily slants right, and CNN and MSNC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS left.  By viewership the numbers are pretty not close.  This isn't rocket science.  Why in the world would it bother you.

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Donald Trump could drive a school bus full of orphans to the dog pound to rescue a puppy for each orphan and the ABCBSMNBC Alphabet soup would run stories how pulling out of the Paris Accords caused the homeless animals

Okay!  That’s great.  An obama could have blabla and foxnews would have blabla.

my point is who cares.  Like who in their right mind cares about this

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

See, you think he's antagonizing, when he's really communicating with his base. People need to realize that 45 may be a lot of things, but he understands how to use social media to communicate directly to his base. He's FDR with radio and Kennedy with TV. 

Here's what happens. He trolls on twitter knowing the MSM is going to pick it up and lambaste him for it. Yet, they do this by READING HIS TWEETS and then commenting on it. All his supporters see and hear are his words. And they tune out the commentary because half the time the tweets are telling his base to do exactly that. 

This isn't antagonizing or tweeting without calculation. He's three steps ahead of the media in terms of how he uses them to communicate his message clearly and consistently to his base. 

MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: Treat ‘Mental Health’ Talk Against Trump Like The Coup Attempt It Is.

Trump is unlike any previous president of the United States. Voters knew this when they chose him over Hillary Clinton. And there is nothing about Trump now that suggests his mental state is any different or worse or dangerous than when voters elected him, or when they first encountered him on gossip pages and in reality television decades ago.

To suggest otherwise is to undermine the democratic election of presidents, and to do so would be far more damaging to the country than anything Trump’s actually done. It is particularly noteworthy that members of an elite are calling for his ouster when Trump’s election was partly in response to anger at mismanagement by members of the media and political establishment.

Talk of mental health and a 25th Amendment removal, “by force if necessary,” is talk of a coup, just as it was in the TV show “24.”

This and all the Oprah talk is all you need to know about the depth and breadth of the Democratic bench....:lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Got to hand it to Trump, it was very slick to have that cabinet meeting today in front of the cameras. Anyone who watched the almost hour long discussion between Ds and Rs and 45 will find it hard to rectify what they saw versus what they've been reading regarding POTUS's mental state. 

Which brings me back to Wolff and my theory that he was paid by Trump to write fiction. A tiger trap for the press if you will. By writing a work of gossip fiction, the intent was to let the media spout off on it like lunatics, showing clearly to all Americans who and what they truly are. 

Why would Wolff agree to setting a tiger trap? Start with his opinion of the media, the same media he's being interviewed by now. He loathes them: 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/02/05/michael_wolff_to_brian_stelter_you_border_on_being_quite_a_ridiculous_figure.html

Read his book: "Autumn of the Moguls" where he roasts the owners of media companies and their employees. Amazon describes the book: 

"A humorous and critical portrait of the media industry...makes predictions about its IMMINENT ECONOMIC COLLAPSE, presenting first-person accounts about the industry's more ludicrous business dealings."

Some key interview clips: 

Then there's this:  Watch this clip - then remember who is on Trump's staff - and then go watch the cabinet meeting today. Do you really think Mad Dog Mattis, McMasters, Kelly, Haley, et al would REALLY keep working for a man they didn't think was capable?

These are people who do not waste their times. 

Now look at this. Wolff gets Amanpour to recite "100% of Trump's staff" believes he's unfit for office: 

Again, anyone with even a hint of rationality knows that's complete bunk. Why?

Men like Mattis or Kelly are NOT going to work for a madman, let alone take orders from one. 

Anyone watching this unfold can only be left with the impression that the media pushing this story, as well as the 45's mental instability, are childish and demented. Which, I think, was the intent from the beginning (Bannon and Trump promised to destroy the "fake" media in two years after all). 

I doubt Wolff sat down with Trump personally (he admits he didn't), but I have a feeling someone (Bannon) came to him with an offer: "How would you like to destroy the people you find beneath contempt?" And he said, "ABSOLUTELY". 

The media walked right into it...

Is it a coincidence 45 moved back his "fake news awards"? Nope.  

Enjoy the show. 

This is uncanny. 30 years ago Oprah had Trump on her show. She asks if he has aspirations of running for president, he said no, but if things got worse (this is 1988!) he might. And if he did, he would be in it to win. The policies he talked about then are no different than now. Amazing.

Edited by KevinRome