Trump and Russia

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for eating popcorn gif

I don't think he can resign. And this noise will only make him a "hero" to his constituents. 

I think @DC Tom's idea that he will be quietly asked to not seek reelection in exchange for not being charged may very well happen. I guess will we know if that is a possibility in the coming weeks - will the Rs double down and keep pressing? Will Schiff shut the ***** up!? Popcorn time indeed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When you know you're ***** : Double Down. 

:lol: 

Schiff, Brennan, Comey will be among the first to fall. And fall hard.

DTJr trying to implicate the whole #Schiff  #Schitt Family.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nunes was forced to step down after holding a press conference. :lol: 

You mean after going to the White House, getting cherry picked classified info and releasing it as an attempt to spread disinformation on a topic? Ya 

Edited by Tiberius

So shouldn't Schiff, after being on the Gang of 8 and having access to the most sensitive evidence - and then lying about said evidence and investigation for 2+ years, face the same fate? 

Or after Schiff criminally leaked information to the press during closed door testimony... 

I tried to warn you about getting too attached to ol' doll eyes. He's a bad man, not just a sleazy politician, a bad man. And he will be out of Congress before Trump's out of office.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/28/gop-adam-schiff-resign-1241749

Apparently there was a heated argument about him resigning.  But I want to highlight this gem from the politico story:

:lol:  He's gone from "collusion" to "failed to accept Russian offers of collusion."  

I rather like this line:

...during the campaign, openly asked Russia to obtain Clinton's emails — a comment Trump later construed as a joke.

The first part is provably false, and as for the second part "later construed" is hilarious - anyone who claims they didn't know it was a joke when he said it is a ***** moron.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Unless you have evidence which shows the Gang of 8 were made aware of the lack of evidence and the knew the formation of the original CI investigation to be illegal in nature. 

Then that makes him complicit in the coup, using his status as the head as a Gang of 8 member to lie to the public and undermine the sitting president.

No, not even then.

The main problem with that reasoning is that the intent of Congressional immunity is to prevent the sort of action you're suggesting: the escalation of personal or policy differences to the level of sedition.  Even arguing "but he lied" doesn't change that - there's no "pants on fire" exemption to immunity.  And his Go8 work is pretty solidly legislative in nature.

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When you know you're ***** : Double Down. 

:lol: 

Schiff, Brennan, Comey will be among the first to fall. And fall hard.

The comments are hilarious. TDS is a hell of a drug.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I rather like this line:

The first part is provably false, and as for the second part "later construed" is hilarious - anyone who claims they didn't know it was a joke when he said it is a ***** moron.

They don't even know the proper meaning of the word "construed."  :lol:

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Stuff like this makes me think

It'll pass.  It always does.  Probably already has.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They don't even know the proper meaning of the word "construed."  :lol:

It'll pass.  It always does.  Probably already has.

NYT editorial went total snowflake meltdown a few Sundays ago over Trump joking about using force by the police.

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

NYT editorial went total snowflake meltdown a few Sundays ago over Trump joking about using force by the police.

No problem with people joking about assassinating Trump though, I've noticed.

"But there's no bias in the media!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nunes was forced to step down after holding a press conference. :lol: 

Can Jr. sue him for slander. He was on enough talk shows blabbing the same collusion clap trap for over two years. The man needs an enema. 

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No problem with people joking about assassinating Trump though, I've noticed.

"But there's no bias in the media!"

Doesn't the one dipschiff from CNN constantly tell us that 'the media doesn't take sides'?

Who better than CNN to tell us the truth!?!

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

There's a decent argument that Schiff has immunity - that his statements and even leaks were part of the "legislative process."

He'll certainly argue that, if pressed, and I'm not sure he'd be wrong, either.

Maybe so, but if Schiff thinks he's got some evidence that doesn't exonerate the President or his crew, he'd better come up with it soon or else he will undermine his own whacko narrative.  The Barr letter claimed that Mueller exonerated everyone relative to collusion.  Schiff just rambled on about collusion.  He would have been a lot smarter if he rambled on about obstruction of the investigation. 

I don't think he will be found guilty of sedition or more, but his political footing is very shaky -- especially of he keep this up.

Just now, snafu said:

Maybe so, but if Schiff thinks he's got some evidence that doesn't exonerate the President or his crew, he'd better come up with it soon or else he will undermine his own whacko narrative.  The Barr letter claimed that Mueller exonerated everyone relative to collusion.  Schiff just rambled on about collusion.  He would have been a lot smarter if he rambled on about obstruction of the investigation. 

I don't think he will be found guilty of sedition or more, but his political footing is very shaky -- especially of he keep this up.

Except that his political base believes him, to the point that it's strengthening his status with them.

And who cares about anyone else?  They're deplorable.