Trump and Russia

I'm not a fan of the circumstantial stuff. I'm talking about direct business ties with an acting politician or president to a foreign power. Is that considered a conflict of interest? Like how Trump was supposed to cut ties with all of his businesses because it's considered a conflict of interest if he remains involved.

I'm not aware of anyone on Trump's staff having direct ties to a foreign government or official. The closest was Manafort & he's gone.

Trump is not directly involved in his family business. But of course when 99% of the family business value is the Donald Trump brand, it's always going to be hard to separate himself and why questions will always dog him.

I admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong. I am starting to get addicted to this politics stuff, so get used to me. I will learn the nuances over time.

There is humor on PPP? News to me. Politics can bring out the worst in people from my experience.

giphy.gif

Mark Warner's biggest concern over the Russian "meddling" is... bot-nets creating fake news.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

This, after he stands up there and claims the Russian meddling in a "free election" should send chills down anyone's spine who values democracy -- while ignoring the 80+ times the USA has interfered in free elections (not counting coups we've sponsored when the results didn't go our way).

If you needed any more proof that this is political theater designed to drive a wedge and push several agendas at once (war with/regime change in Russia, censorship at home), this press conference provides it all and then some..

"The Russians are actively involved in the French Elections..." (Richard Burr)

Hmm... Kind of like we were/are? https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/releases/

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-us-intervention-foreign-elections-20161213-story.html

And to top it off, CNN comes out of the press conference to interview a former KGB agent... :lol:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Mark Warner's biggest concern over the Russian "meddling" is... bot-nets creating fake news.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

This, after he stands up there and claims the Russian meddling in a "free election" should send chills down anyone's spine who values democracy -- while ignoring the 80+ times the USA has interfered in free elections (not counting coups we've sponsored when the results didn't go our way).

If you needed any more proof that this is political theater designed to drive a wedge and push several agendas at once (war with/regime change in Russia, censorship at home), this press conference provides it all and then some..

"The Russians are actively involved in the French Elections..." (Richard Burr)

Hmm... Kind of like we were/are? https://wikileaks.org/cia-france-elections-2012/releases/

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-us-intervention-foreign-elections-20161213-story.html

And to top it off, CNN comes out of the press conference to interview a former KGB agent... :lol:

Your point is that since CIA tried getting pro American candicades elected, pro free market and such, that we should care less a gang of thugs tried throwing our election? Very strange, very strange point indeed

Your point is that since CIA tried getting pro American candicades elected, pro free market and such, that we should care less a gang of thugs tried throwing our election? Very strange, very strange point indeed

That is not the point.

The point is simple: this is theater. Designed to distract, divide, and undercut our own democratic process -- not by Russia, but by our own intelligence agencies.

Outside of the DNC hack -- which I do not believe was done by the Russians and there has been no evidence offered to support it was done by the Russians despite the headlines -- the only thing you can accuse the Russians of doing is pushing "fake news" tilted towards Trump. There's no evidence this influenced the election. There's no evidence it changed any votes... yet the words being used by those talking about this on the Hill and into news cameras around the country are "act of war".

They're saying essentially the Russian's use of our notion of freedom of speech and the press against us. That Warner was quick to point out his biggest fear after months of investigations is the influence of Russian fake news should be eye opening. The state wants to be the arbiter of truth and are going to use this as excuse to try to get that power.

We already surrendered our right to privacy and due process to fight the nebulous "war on terror" -- how much do you think Americans are going to fight to hold onto their freedom of speech and freedom of the press after months of conditioning telling them the Russians are using those freedoms against us? Especially when the nation is bitterly divided along partisan lines?

That's right. They won't fight at all because they're too busy fighting each other.

Any person who truly considers themselves a liberal should be pumping the brakes right about now. This isn't about the Russians undercutting our democratic process -- it's not about collusion between Trump and Russia (not without real evidence of course) -- it's about the expansion of the police state we're already living under.

Any person who truly considers themselves a liberal should be pumping the brakes right about now. This isn't about the Russians undercutting our democratic process -- it's not about collusion between Trump and Russia (not without real evidence of course) -- it's about the expansion of the police state we're already living under.

Which has been Bloomberg's plan all along...

If true, this is the thing that should send chills down every American's spine. Not Russian fake news bots.

This doesn't send chills 8down mY spine. What Russia did to us is SOP for us in other country's elections. That's when we don't decide to stage an out and out coo or kill thier leader. We hacked the Chancellor of Germany's cell phone. And they're an ally for crying out loud.

Do you really think the CIA or some other alphabet soup government covert organization is not involved in the protests in Russia right now?

Russia got us this time. if they did. What did they do, build a Wall around Wisconsin so Hillary couldn't campaign there? In the 21st century where cyber warfare and manipulation has now arrived, we should be working on beefing up our defenses so it doesn't happen again.

Edited by reddogblitz

If true, this is the thing that should send chills down every American's spine. Not Russian fake news bots.

And yet the Democratic vice-chairman of the Senate intelligence committee who has been investigating this for months says that's his big takeaway thus far.

Let that sink in.

And yet the Democratic vice-chairman of the Senate intelligence committee who has been investigating this for months says that's his big takeaway thus far.

Let that sink in.

That is why I posted what I did. If that is the thing that worries him the most, go ahead and end the investigation immediately.

That is not the point.

The point is simple: this is theater. Designed to distract, divide, and undercut our own democratic process -- not by Russia, but by our own intelligence agencies.

Is it? And our Democratic and Republican leaders that take this serious are dupes or are they in on it?

Is it? And our Democratic and Republican leaders that take this serious are dupes or are they in on it?

Intelligence is a tough job, on Tuesdays they tell you how you should have bet on the NFL spreads for the games the prior Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday Night.

Intelligence is a tough job, on Tuesdays they tell you how you should have bet on the NFL spreads for the games the prior Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday Night.

Trump sure seems to be making this job easy for them though. Leaving bread crumbs all over the place