Trump and Russia

4 minutes ago, The Big Cat said:

FALSE.

56% were purchased after the election, meaning there were roughly 4.4 million impressions before the election. 

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2017/10/hard-questions-russian-ads-delivered-to-congress/

And how many of those 4.4 million impressions were in support of Bernie?  

• Like (+1) 1

FALSE.

56% were purchased after the election, meaning there were roughly 4.4 million impressions before the election. 

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2017/10/hard-questions-russian-ads-delivered-to-congress/

Which do you believe had a bigger impact on the electorate: 

A few million dollars spent on obscure FB ads which hardly anyone saw? 

Or

The hundreds of millions of dollars poured into the election by both parties? 

1 minute ago, GG said:

And how many of those 4.4 million impressions were in support of Bernie?  

Okay so we acknowledge you made a false statement in order stifle the opposing argument. That's good enough for me.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Which do you believe had a bigger impact on the electorate: 

A few million dollars spent on obscure FB ads which hardly anyone saw? 

Or

The hundreds of millions of dollars poured into the election by both parties? 

You mean the obscure ads that 4.4 million people saw?

At least you acknowledge that those 4.4 million impressions had a tangible impact, regardless of how it compares. That's good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 2

You didn't answer the question. 

Because it was a stupid !@#$ing question that followed no relevant logic to your argument or to any argument any one else in their right mind would make.

It was a stupid !@#$ing question that has no measurable answer, and that's why you asked it in the first place, hoping I was some kind of a moron.

• Like (+1) 1

Okay so we acknowledge you made a false statement in order stifle the opposing argument. That's good enough for me.

You mean the obscure ads that 4.4 million people saw?

At least you acknowledge that those 4.4 million impressions had a tangible impact, regardless of how it compares. That's good enough for me.

Not quite.  You cannot make a straight correlation based on what FB disclosed, because they didn't specify whether the pre-election ads were seen equally as the post-election ads.  Again, based on the total meltdown on Nov. 7, I can make an argument that the post-election ads were much more impactful and they still feed the TDS beast.

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Big Cat said:

Because it was a stupid !@#$ing question that followed no relevant logic to your argument or to any argument any one else in their right mind would make.

It was a stupid !@#$ing question that has no measurable answer, and that's why you asked it in the first place, hoping I was some kind of a moron.

It's a relevant question to the issue at hand. The fact you won't answer it is interesting. Why won't you answer it? Is the cognitive dissonance butting against your brain making you stammer? 

Let's try another... because I'm trying to gauge you're positions since you're new down here.

Do you believe Trump and Russia colluded to fix the election? 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Not quite.  You cannot make a straight correlation based on what FB disclosed, because they didn't specify whether the pre-election ads were seen equally as the post-election ads.  Again, based on the total meltdown on Nov. 7, I can make an argument that the post-election ads were much more impactful and they still feed the TDS beast.

Oh I see. You misspoke. It was an accident when you implied that all of the FB purchasing activity, according to the VP, came after the election. How far are you going to back track this one?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a relevant question to the issue at hand. The fact you won't answer it is interesting. Why won't you answer it? Is the cognitive dissonance butting against your brain making you stammer? 

Let's try another... because I'm trying to gauge you're positions since you're new down here.

Do you believe Trump and Russia colluded to fix the election? 

I gave you two reasons why not to answer. How many do you need?

Oh wait, I'm being lectured about cognitive dissonance by the "deep state" guy. Okay, carry on. :lol::lol:

May be you can help explain why so many of Trump's guys have been caught lying...repeatedly. 

Why did they lie? 

9 minutes ago, The Big Cat said:

Oh wait, I'm being lectured about cognitive dissonance by the "deep state" guy. Okay, carry on. :lol::lol:

You didn't give me any reasons. You said it was a stupid question. It isn't. It's directly tied to the point you were raising. 

To argue otherwise is to be intellectually dishonest. Which is your right - but it's our right to call you out for it.

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You leave Greggy alone for 6 months and he turns into a monster with no off switch.  Unbelievable.

(edited for prosperity: I'm a dumbass)

Edited by Deranged Rhino

You can keep arguing whether the Russian campaign to destabilize the government by calling the election in to question happened was more effective before or after the election.  But in indulging this argument, you're all missing the salient point:

The campaign is ongoing.

Does anyone really think, having succeeded beyond their wildest dreams so far, the Russians aren't still actively attempting to manipulate American public opinion on the investigations in to such?  How many here have honestly considered the possibility you're repeating memes that originated in St. Petersburg?

May be you can help explain why so many of Trump's guys have been caught lying...repeatedly. 

Why did they lie? 

"Why did they get caught?" is the better question.

Just now, DC Tom said:

You can keep arguing whether the Russian campaign to destabilize the government by calling the election in to question happened was more effective before or after the election.  But in indulging this argument, you're all missing the salient point:

The campaign is ongoing.

Does anyone really think, having succeeded beyond their wildest dreams so far, the Russians aren't still actively attempting to manipulate American public opinion on the investigations in to such?  How many here have honestly considered the possibility you're repeating memes that originated in St. Petersburg?

It absolutely is ongoing. We're at war - and have been for several years. 

Just now, jmc12290 said:

It was a compliment buddy.

Then I AM a monster! :oops::beer: 

Why did they lie? 

Are you asking me why a politician in the mother of all political races would lie? 

I guess my answer would be which lie are you talking about? 

Imagine you're an innocent man who's been accused non stop of doing something you KNOW you did not do by a 24/7 news cycle. Do you think you'd be defensive? Testy? Wanting to shout from the rafters that you're innocent? 

Or would you just shut up and take it? 

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Why did they get caught?" is the better question.

Because they're stupid, untalented and naive political hacks that existed on the fringe of American politics before the only presidential candidate that would stoop so low as to have them came along. 

Just now, The Big Cat said:

Because they're stupid, untalented and naive political hacks that existed on the fringe of American politics before the only presidential candidate that would stoop so low as to have them came along. 

And in the process these untalented, stupid, naive political hacks beat not one but two American political dynasties in an election where the MSM, FBI, DOJ and former administration were actively trying to prevent such a victory. 

... Yeah, that tracks. :rolleyes:

And in the process these untalented, stupid, naive political hacks beat not one but two American political dynasties in an election where the MSM, FBI, DOJ and former administration were actively trying to prevent such a victory. 

... Yeah, that tracks. :rolleyes:

This is a conversation about the two years invested by the Kremlin to unseat that political dynasty. Did you already forget that?

This is a conversation about the two years invested by the Kremlin to unseat that political dynasty. Did you already forget that?

Critical thinking is not your strong suit, is it. 

The indictment made clear the goal was chaos, not one candidate over the other. 

You never answered the question: do you believe Russia colluded with Trump or his team to fix the election?

So, you're saying the Rooskies would have "backed" Mitt, or Jeb, or Marco, or Ted? :unsure:

Just ABC... right? 

2 minutes ago, The Big Cat said:

And if that was the case, why did B. O. drag his Johnson on putting some pressure on Putin even though he was a lame duck... emphasis on lame. 

Edited by Nanker

So, it was only Trump. And did Putineski throw the GOP primaries for Trump then too? After all, the jacking off to our election started in 2014 according to sources and B.O. was still the POTUS and the Trumpeter hadn't even declared for the candidacy yet. 

Oh! It was Putin who talked him in to running for office. Right. Got it.

Just now, Nanker said:

So, it was only Trump. And did Putineski throw the GOP primaries for Trump then too? After all, the jacking off to our election started in 2014 according to sources and B.O. was still the POTUS and the Trumpeter hadn't even declared for the candidacy yet. 

Oh! It was Putin who talked him in to running for office. Right. Got it.

That must be it! 

Image result for putin and trump best friends gif

Critical thinking is not your strong suit, is it. 

The indictment made clear the goal was chaos, not one candidate over the other. 

You never answered the question: do you believe Russia colluded with Trump or his team to fix the election?

That's fundamentally incorrect. You're plainly ignoring direct language from the indictment that is impossible to misinterpret Page 17 Section a:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4380504/The-Special-Counsel-s-Indictment-of-the-Internet.pdf

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, The Big Cat said:

Oh I see. You misspoke. It was an accident when you implied that all of the FB purchasing activity, according to the VP, came after the election. How far are you going to back track this one?

Gee, look who's back for his annual beating.

Remind me again how happy you were to share a bus with people of color in November 2008?

That's fundamentally incorrect. You're plainly ignoring direct language from the indictment that is impossible to misinterpret Page 17 Section a:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4380504/The-Special-Counsel-s-Indictment-of-the-Internet.pdf

And you're ignoring the rest of the 36 pages which provide context for that cherry picked section. :lol: 

But please, yes, let's get into the weeds with primary source material and see which one of us has read more... 

Before we get there, why don't you answer the question you've now been dodging for over an hour... 

Do you, Big Cat, believe that Trump and Russia colluded to fix the election? I'm asking your opinion, not for you to prove it one way or the other.

No it is not.  Out of all the candidates, Hillary would have been the 2nd best for Putin (next to Bernie)

And you're ignoring the rest of the 36 pages which provide context for that cherry picked section. :lol: 

But please, yes, let's get into the weeds with primary source material and see which one of us has read more... 

Before we get there, why don't you answer the question you've now been dodging for over an hour... 

Do you, Big Cat, believe that Trump and Russia colluded to fix the election? I'm asking your opinion, not for you to prove it one way or the other.

So you acknowledge that words "we support them" in reference to Trump, but that's no indication that they supported one candidate over another. Interesting.

I see. Get called out for making stuff up. Insult the person.

Not quite.  FB wouldn't have doubled down on their talking points if the pre-election impressions were equally effective.    Never mind that if Putin cronies' goal was to help elect Trump, why did they increase FB placements AFTER the election?

Just now, GG said:

Not quite.  FB wouldn't have doubled down on their talking points if the pre-election impressions were equally effective.    Never mind that if Putin cronies' goal was to help elect Trump, why did they increase FB placements AFTER the election?

Or why they held protests against him.

Great so you understand now that you were unquestionably wrong to say the Russians didn't support Trump.

Do you believe Trump and Russia actively colluded to fix the election?

Oh hey! Look who finally decided to get on board! 

Can't wait to see how you guys twist to acknowledge it was happening all along:

What in the world are you babbling about?