trade Ragland for more mobile LB or safety

Commish

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the obvious: we don't know what he can do. And no other team will either.

Second, who is saying the Ragland doesn't fit? Ragland is a bit of a thumper, but the scouting reports I heard had him as better mobility and pass coverage ability than people give him credit for, so closer to a rich man's Brandon Spikes. Plus, McDermott likes the double A gap attack, both as a real blitz and a feint.

Third, what are we going to get for him?

I was thinking the same thing, we don't know enough about him to consider a trade. Let's see what the guy brings to the field first before rushing to judgement.

I do think Ragland could play MLB in Schwartz's D similar to the way he used Spikes in Buffalo. Not sure you would get anything worth having in a trade for a guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL and has suffered an ACL since he was the player seen in college.

I would go for a third or maybe a player like Mychal Kendricks whose reps have dropped in their D and would be a better fit here.

We've given up on Ragland already? Tough crowd.

he was drafted for Rex and now is not a fit here, It's not giving up on Ragland but more of getting the players we need

I would go for a third or maybe a player like Mychal Kendricks whose reps have dropped in their D and would be a better fit here.

Kendricks would be a good fit here if we can't find a way to bring back Zach. He still wouldn't really solve that mike position.

Trade Rags and a extra pk for Garoppolo. The Pat's are having a hard time resigning Hightower, Rags is a clone of his skills set and would fit right in with the Pats.

I think Ragland, who does have a lot in common with Hightower (who knows if he is as good at the NFL level), would be a good fit for New England. I think it'd take more than Ragland and a pick unless that pick was a high one for Jimmy G. Would they take Rags and our 2nd? Not sure.