Obama's Last Bailout

Dr.Sack

When the Democrats became the Party of Wall Street under the Third Way restructure that started in the 1980s the Democrats effectively hollowed out any chance that any objective person could say they represent workers first. Trump saw this weakness and exploited it by rightfully making the Clinton's the poster children of free trade open markets advocated by neoliberal economics.

Obama the hope and change candidate effectively extended the neoliberal streak and in the final week of his Presidency delivered to the finance titans who donated so much to make him President.

"So in its waning hours, the Obama Administration gave a completely unjustified bailout to private equity landlords, that Fannie Mae is guaranteeing the income of all but the bottom tranches of Blackstones latest rental securitization."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-25/how-obama-administration-quietly-bailed-out-private-equity-landlords-expense-middle-

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama the hope and change candidate effectively extended the neoliberal streak and in the final week of his Presidency delivered to the finance titans who donated so much to make him President.

Yeah um, I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to still hold illusions about Mr. Hope & Change.

Yeah um, I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to still hold illusions about Mr. Hope & Change.

What I find ironic is we've heard nothing from Trump on this. No twitter barrage? I mean this is the guy who said Crooked Hillary was too close to Wall Street and big finance. Makes me think the election was more about rhetoric than actual change.

Good President though. So much better than the mentally ill person occupying WH now

Good President if you were highly educated. If you were making cars in Michigan or Ohio and are now working at a soon to be closed Sears for $7.25 an hour you're f'd.

For 73 days Obama had a super majority and failed to deliver. He could of raised the minimum wage to $9 or $10 an hour but the donor class said no. He could have fought for single payer in the ACA but cowered to Blue Dog Dems and passed a right wing Republican Healthcare plan written by the Heritage Foundation. Obama gets a middling grade for steering the ship straight but much of the gains were a result of Federal Reserve QE and modest financial gains at the expense of workers and for the gains of stockholders equity gains.

Edited by Dr.Sack

I thought B. O.'s last bailout was him agreeing to bail out Australia of 2,000+ worthless Muslim refugees that they refused to let enter their country. I say, send them to Guantanamo. B. O. let out a slew of other criminal Muslims from there, so there should be plenty of room. Eight or ten to a cell. It'll be palatial compared to living in the squalor they came from.

So now the ACA is a "right-wing Republican Health Care Plan"...

There is no lie these idiots won't tell.

I know many on the right fail to read and forget that the ACA is a Heritage Foundation creation and was implemented by Romney in MA as Governor.

So now the ACA is a "right-wing Republican Health Care Plan"...

There is no lie these idiots won't tell.

If you do some homework on Republican proposals, pushed by some major players, the ACA and their proposals in the early 1990s are very similar, although not identical. The problem here is that everyone has to dig in and disavow everything that's not from their party rather than take a rational approach to understanding policy. Sad.

There are parts of Obamacare that were similar to Heritage Care suggestions, but much much more government was added

Mitt Romney and Massachusetts are as far away from "Right Wing" as you can get.

However in a (futile) effort to deflect blame from the completely democrat passed ACA,

liberals........and the parrots on this board, will continue to claim that OBAMACARE is a GOP invention.

They repeat it and repeat it...................but it will never be true

There are parts of Obamacare that were similar to Heritage Care suggestions, but much much more government was added

Mitt Romney and Massachusetts are as far away from "Right Wing" as you can get.

However in a (futile) effort to deflect blame from the completely democrat passed ACA,

liberals........and the parrots on this board, will continue to claim that OBAMACARE is a GOP invention.

They repeat it and repeat it...................but it will never be true

I'm a Progressive but can tell you the ACA was never supported nor endorsed by any credible progressive. I think it's a huge Corporate takeover of our healthcare industry.

You see it as a government takeover, it's not a true Medicare-For-All program, what I want, is not the ACA. As far as I'm concerned I hope Trump & the GOP dismantle it so when a Progressive wins in 2020, they'll pass universal healthcare.

I'm a Progressive but can tell you the ACA was never supported nor endorsed by any credible progressive. I think it's a huge Corporate takeover of our healthcare industry.

Well, Doctor Sack,

It is difficult to respond to the most untrue statement ever put here (and that is saying something)

Well, Doctor Sack,

It is difficult to respond to the most untrue statement ever put here (and that is saying something)

Most untrue statement. That corporate Democrats led by Obama passed a watered down healthcare plan with many elements created by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by Romney?

Yes apparently you think Obama is a progressive I can unequivocally say he is not.

Most untrue statement. That corporate Democrats led by Obama passed a watered down healthcare plan with many elements created by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by Romney?

Yes apparently you think Obama is a progressive I can unequivocally say he is not.

curiosidades_de_la_biblia_6.jpg?as=1&w=4

Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth. Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio address, October 26, 1939

I was wrong, your Obama "declaration" is now the (new) most untrue statement..........congrats

Why don't you just say commie? Flo is Progressive.