Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Cincinnati Bengals

Looks like 6-10 to me. Rebuild.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends upon what the Bills are able to do at QB.

Can Taylor be resigned for a reasonable amount (not $30M/yr) and play well under Dennison's system??

Can the Bills acquire a franchise QB like Trubisky or Mahomes in the draft??

Would the Bills consider trading for a vet QB like Romo (who will be available) or Ph. Rivers (who could become available)??

If they can't get a good QB this year then they might as well tank the season and build the team with high draft picks beginning next year.

PAST PERFORMANCE DOES NOT GUARANTEE FUTURE RESULTS.

Let's pretend it's Jan 2016. We look at our upcoming 2016-2017 schedule against 2015's records.

2015 record 2016 results

Pats (12-4): W, L

Jets (10-6): L, W

Miami (6-10): L, L

Cinci (12-4) W

Pitt (10-6) L
Balt (5-11) L

Cleve (3-13) W

Cards (13-3) W

Sea (10-6) L

LA (7-9) W

SF (5-11) W

Jags (5-11) W
Raiders (7-9) L

We beat previous 13-3, 12-4 (Brady-less), 12-4, and 10-6 teams. We lost to previous 7-9, 5-11, and 6-10 (twice) teams. There's no way to accurately predict any of this from the previous year. Too many variables. So you look at the 2017 schedule and what? You know that OAK is going to be good again? That DEN isn't just a middling 9-7 team without a QB? That the LA Chargers are going to do ANYTHING? That anyone in the NFC South isn't a one-year fluke (CAR, ATL). Btw, ATL pulled a NE by beating down a weak division (5-1 in the NFC S) to a first rd bye and home field.

I think teams are always in a reload mode with FA, just because of player turnover each year. I'm never on Board with a tank because it's never a guarantee of anything but wasting a few years making fans accept poor results with the hope that things will get better.

You should always be doing whatever it takes to win every year, but I think they should be building with an eye to the future and not going all in on this season. Don't sell off the team to hope to get the #1 overall pick, but also don't trade everything away to get rentals to go for broke this year. They have a good base in place, keep tweaking and move some pieces around, with better coaching they can be in the playoffs or atleast have a better chance then with Rex here.

Reload??? Fans have accepted 17 Years of poor results and tweaking the roster. Time for a new strategy. Blow it up. Start over. Truth is we aren't close. Bills fired the OC, then the Coaches. When the Bills don't make the playoffs next year they will fire the GM (finally) and rebuild. Team has issues at WR, S, CB, QB, K. and is putting in new schemes on both sides of the ball.

DW keeps selling everybody that the Bills are close. To what?

Reload??? Fans have accepted 17 Years of poor results and tweaking the roster. Time for a new strategy. Blow it up. Start over. Truth is we aren't close. Bills fired the OC, then the Coaches. When the Bills don't make the playoffs next year they will fire the GM (finally) and rebuild. Team has issues at WR, S, CB, QB, K. and is putting in new schemes on both sides of the ball.

DW keeps selling everybody that the Bills are close. To what?

The playoffs.

Isn't that the goal? To make the playoffs, so we have a shot at the Superbowl?

The road slate is tough.

On the home games..... a loss to Brady notwithstanding (anything out of that I see as a huge bonus) I think the other 7 are winnable. If they were to go 7-1 at home they need probably 3 road wins.... Cincy, LA and the Jets?

I mean it is not easy but I see a path to 10 wins and the fact that it looks like we may retain Tyrod suggests the Bills do too.

It's a reload. This team has talent enough to be in the playoffs. The coaching staff wasn't able to get them to play to their potential.

If you match up talent for talent on paper, then maybe. But guys have to fit the scheme. And rebuild or reload. It doesn't matter what you want to call it. Just make smart roster moves and the arrow will start pointing up.

I have no playoff expectations for next season. I want to se an organized, cohesive unit on the field.

To a degree. I'm saying...Tank, Bottom Out, Move Up The Board, Stockpile Picks and Rebuild.

Yay another tank thread. I get it, you want to tank. No evidence that works in football . You constantly try to improve and try to find " the guy" at QB. Tanking doesn't guarantee you a chance at that.

I get it - you want to tweak the roster every year and say all the Bills needed was this or that and we would have made it to the wild card game. How many years do the Bills have to miss the playoffs before the expert roster tweakers realize that it is time to blow the thing up? 20? We're almost there.