Neil Gorsuch - Nominee to the Supreme Court

Nanker

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really a solid pick. I'm parsing through some of his opinions today. He's cut from the same cloth as Scalia; those who are fans of Scalia's style of jurisprudence should be very happy that Gorsuch is his replacement.

Edited by LeviF91

Politically, I'm obviously against him, since he's in the same vein as Scalia. Pragmatically, Trump could do a lot worse and put someone with no experience, and absolute lunacy for opinions, in there. So... I kinda hope Democrats just tear the bandaid and get it over with.

Politically, I'm obviously against him, since he's in the same vein as Scalia. Pragmatically, Trump could do a lot worse and put someone with no experience, and absolute lunacy for opinions, in there. So... I kinda hope Democrats just tear the bandaid and get it over with.

Common sense would suggest the left would just let this go and gear up to battle the replacement for Ginsburg.

But when was the last time anyone used the words Pelosi and common sense together.

CNN: Dems Gear Up For FIght

"If you breathe air, drink water or eat food, take medicine or in any other way interact with the courts, this is a very bad decision -- well outside the mainstream of American legal thought," Pelosi said.
Top Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee, who will spend the coming months vetting (and potentially blocking) Gorsuch announced "deep concerns" with his selection.
"I have deep, serious concerns about Judge Gorsuch," said Sen. Richard Blumenthal, a Connecticut Democrat. "An extreme ideologue on the court will threaten privacy rights including women's health care, worker and consumer protections, and public health and safety."

Dems should absolutely, positively listen to this man.

It’s time for the sweet resistance we’re seeing in the streets to start showing up in the U.S. Senate.

Democrats in the chamber have the votes to hold up exactly one major appointment from President Trump without any Republican help. And they should fight Neil Gorsuch's nomination to the Supreme Court with every vote they’ve got — even if it means ending the ability to filibuster any high court nominations in the future.

They have no other choice.

This is an appointment by the biggest popular vote loser of the modern era to fill a stolen seat. Pretending this is just Senate business as usual would pat the GOP on the head for pulling off the heist of the century, and it would give Trump a thumbs up for his first-week “shock and awe” campaign of executive orders designed to roll back immigration, the Affordable Care Act and voting rights.

It would also show that the elected left has learned nothing in the last eight years.

like sota mayer or however you spell taco?

:lol:

We're supposed to get outraged because Gorsuch is against suicide?

The Trump-haters think they can rally us with our enthusiasm for suicide?!

Maybe they think they can. After all, younger folks may hanker for euthanizing us baby boomers, and arguments about suicide resemble arguments about abortion.

Knock yourself out, Gorsuch opponents, you crazy nuts.

Maybe they think they can. After all, younger folks may hanker for euthanizing us baby boomers, and arguments about suicide resemble arguments about abortion.

I don't know how outraged we should be, but he's completely wrong on that point. Overall though, appears to be a solid pick.

As for the lefty nuts, Trump could have nominated the ghost of Thurgood Marshall and the knee jerk lunacy would be the same. The talking points were already written; they just needed do a 'Search and Replace' on the name.

Well, the Dems appear to be committing suicide these days.

Nuclear option, and be done with it.

I hope the dems make it as difficult as possible. I think he's a fine choice, it's not personal as was said with Garland...

And I hope the nuclear option is used. It would be amusing due to the outrage over the dems using it previously. Just more partisan BS