Dear Jerry

CanadianFan

TBN Jerry Sullivan: hogan-emergence-crowning-insult-bills (unlinked on purpose!)

Hogan's "emergence"? Honestly? One freak playoff game and Jerry's calling him the next coming of Jerry Rice? "crowning insult"? Did the Pats steal the Superbowl appearance from the Bills because they took this WR from them? Oh yeah, that's a no Jerry. "N" "O" Jerry, put it together. This was no robbery.

Sullivan should be FIRED. He has no JUDGEMENT. Was Hogan even worthy of consideration as a pro-bowl alternate? And who got a pro-bowl start? Lorenzo Alexander. Are raiders nation crying about it? Cardinals? Or the perpetually mediocre despite the dollars spent Washington Redskins? Do you think they'd love to have the tackles and sacks LA had this past year? How about Jerry Hughes? Are Pats lamenting the loss of this talent? Heck no.

Hogan is a marginal talent at best. On a team that's known for not paying for talent (see Jamie Collins) Hogan's production this past year must be a disappointment for the dollars they paid him - 6th highest paid Pat in terms of cap. 38 balls for 680 yards, in a year when Gronk was missing most of the season. That's 15% of total receiving production. Or 11% of total offensive production. and you gave your 6th highest salary for this? Ouch! For a stingy team this has to hurt.

Heck any turtle with hands would have caught the 40 balls Hogan caught from Brady. Heck Jerry (Sullivan, not Rice) could have caught those 40 balls. So this was a win Jerry. We shafted Pats by forcing them to pay for Hogan.

Honestly, in a season of near-miss disappointments, Hogan was the least of the issues.

And oh yeah, Jerry, Hogan's old news. That was a week ago Jerry. Might as well have been last century.

Get over it Jerry. Time to move on. Hogan's a marginal talent. Players like him come and go faster than sailors making port calls in the NFL. I had to go dig up that analogy from 19th century you ancient anachronism. That ship's sailed. Got that one Jerry?

Cheers!

Edited by CanadianFan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least we know what we're not in the playoffs this year. Chris Hogan who finally, with the GOAT QB throwing the ball, had a big game.

Surprised he didn't mention how SUPER stupid the Dolphins where for letting Hogan get to the Bills first, then the Pats! They had the AFCs greatest player on the roster and let him go to TWO AFC teams!! :beer:

That was Hogan's biggest game as a Patriot because that's how the Pats gameplan. Take their least used player and make them the focus. That's why Hogan was so wide open. The Steelers never imagined he'd be the guy, because he never was before. It would be like making Walt Powell the guy in a Bills game.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/26/hogan-emergence-crowning-insult-bills/

Hogan's "emergence"? Honestly? One freak playoff game and Jerry's calling him the next coming of Jerry Rice? "crowning insult"? Did the Pats steal the Superbowl appearance from the Bills because they took this WR from them? Oh yeah, that's a no Jerry. "N" "O" Jerry, put it together. This was no robbery.

Sullivan should be FIRED. He has no JUDGEMENT. Was Hogan even worthy of consideration as a pro-bowl alternate? And who got a pro-bowl start? Lorenzo Alexander. Are raiders nation crying about it? Cardinals? Or the perpetually mediocre despite the dollars spent Washington Redskins? Do you think they'd love to have the tackles and sacks LA had this past year? How about Jerry Hughes? Are Pats lamenting the loss of this talent? Heck no.

Hogan is a marginal talent at best. On a team that's known for not paying for talent (see Jamie Collins) Hogan's production this past year must be a disappointment for the dollars they paid him - 6th highest paid Pat in terms of cap. 38 balls for 680 yards, in a year when Gronk was missing most of the season. That's 15% of total receiving production. Or 11% of total offensive production. and you gave your 6th highest salary for this? Ouch! For a stingy team this has to hurt.

Heck any turtle with hands would have caught the 40 balls Hogan caught from Brady. Heck Jerry (Sullivan, not Rice) could have caught those 40 balls. So this was a win Jerry. We shafted Pats by forcing them to pay for Hogan.

Honestly, in a season of near-miss disappointments, Hogan was the least of the issues.

And oh yeah, Jerry, Hogan's old news. That was a week ago Jerry. Might as well have been last century.

Get over it Jerry. Time to move on. Hogan's a marginal talent. Players like him come and go faster than sailors making port calls in the NFL. I had to go dig up that analogy from 19th century you ancient anachronism. That ship's sailed. Got that one Jerry?

Cheers!

I think hogan would have been a big keep... BUT,whos the quarterback? That's why Hogan looked good. We knew and most called it. He will be utilized with Brady.

Brady could probably use walt Powell Salas too. It's frustrating

I've had beef w/ Sullivan plenty of times over the years, but this isn't one of them. Hogan is having a really good season. It wasn't just one game. He had 95 yards receiving in the Pats first playoff game. As was pointed out in the article, he had more receiving yards this year than any Bills player. Of course, Brady is the key, no one is denying that. But plenty of wideouts have played with Brady without putting up close to 300 yards and two TDs in two playoff games. Given how thin we were at WR this year, letting Hogan walk WAS a bad move. Jerry Sullivan is a dope but he's not the problem. Doug Whaley GTFO

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/26/hogan-emergence-crowning-insult-bills/

Cheers!

I guess you kinda have to share the link, but you shoulda disabled it so as to atleast make it harder for people to provide the click bait. Myself personally, I won't click it since i've read it all before. Nothing Sully or Bucky says matters, period.

Hogan's best year in BUF:

41 catches 426 yards 4 TD's

Hogan's breakout season in NE:

38 catches 680 yards 4 TD's

Can we please STFU about Chris !@#$ing Hogan, the guy who was cut by four !@#$ing teams before we decided that the statline above qualified him for a scholarship at Hogwarts?

I've had beef w/ Sullivan plenty of times over the years, but this isn't one of them. Hogan is having a really good season. It wasn't just one game. He had 95 yards receiving in the Pats first playoff game. As was pointed out in the article, he had more receiving yards this year than any Bills player. Of course, Brady is the key, no one is denying that. But plenty of wideouts have played with Brady without putting up close to 300 yards and two TDs in two playoff games. Given how thin we were at WR this year, letting Hogan walk WAS a bad move. Jerry Sullivan is a dope but he's not the problem. Doug Whaley GTFO

Hogan's head is GIGANTIC now. Physically.

Hogan's best year in BUF:

41 catches 426 yards 4 TD's

Hogan's breakout season in NE:

38 catches 680 yards 4 TD's

Can we please STFU about Chris !@#$ing Hogan, the guy who was cut by four !@#$ing teams before we decided that the statline above qualified him for a scholarship at Hogwarts?

Hogan broke franchise records with NE.

Go on.

It's really simple.

Bills had crappy WR's for most of the year.

They let a WR go for $700k and no compensation

Said WR puts up numbers that would've led the team, both in yards and TD's.

Said WR puts up a record-shattering playoff game performance in the second biggest stage in the NFL and almost singlehandedly wins them the game (as singlehandedly as any WR can win one, obviously the QB needs to throw it)

And he does this all with a division rival that has buried us for almost 20 years.

If you think anyone is going to "shut up" about that, you're delusional.

It's really simple.

Bills had crappy WR's for most of the year.

They let a WR go for $700k and no compensation

Said WR puts up numbers that would've led the team, both in yards and TD's.

Said WR puts up a record-shattering playoff game performance in the second biggest stage in the NFL and almost singlehandedly wins them the game (as singlehandedly as any WR can win one, obviously the QB needs to throw it)

And he does this all with a division rival that has buried us for almost 20 years.

If you think anyone is going to "shut up" about that, you're delusional.

I hadn't realized you thought then and now that Chris Hogan would have solved all the Bills' problems in 2016.

Tell me more about why you mentioned his franchise record in response to the middling numbers he put up over the course of the season. Couldn't help but notice you strayed from that assertion.

I hadn't realized you thought then and now that Chris Hogan would have solved all the Bills' problems in 2016.

Tell me more about why you mentioned his franchise record in response to the middling numbers he put up over the course of the season. Couldn't help but notice you strayed from that assertion.

You actually didn't need to realize that, because that's not what I said, you dope.

http://nesn.com/2017/01/chris-hogan-passes-deion-branch-with-record-setting-game-for-patriots/

Perhaps you were unaware he set a postseason franchise record for the Pats. Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by FireChan

You actually didn't need to realize that, because that's not what I said, you dope.

http://nesn.com/2017/01/chris-hogan-passes-deion-branch-with-record-setting-game-for-patriots/

Perhaps you were unaware he set a postseason franchise record for the Pats. Ignorance is bliss.

Did you see how open he was ALL game? I mean I think Hogan is an above average WR but my God ANY competent WR would have had the same success since the Steelers didn't cover him the entire first half.