Deshaun Watson a Bargain in 1st for Bills - DP

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who study these QBs deeply - are Watson's accuracy issues due to footwork or is he just plain inaccurate? Reason I ask is that Dak also had accuracy issues in college when his feet weren't right and he was able to improve this once he got different coaches in NFL.

I think Watson has phenominal accuracy. By far the best in the class for short and intermediate throws. I completely disagree with anyone that says other wise. He does have very inconsistent deep ball accuracy, I think he will get that under control in the NFL. His floor is Alex Smith imo.

@JosinaAnderson

I'm told the #Bills are scheduled to visit with QB Deshaun Watson at Clemson on Friday, per sources.

I still think we are going QB at 10 based on the visits.

he's the guy i really like. i mean he has the work ethic, the athleticism, the head on his shoulders etc.

So...we should draft Dan Patrick in the first or the 2nd?

I think Watson has phenominal accuracy. By far the best in the class for short and intermediate throws. I completely disagree with anyone that says other wise. He does have very inconsistent deep ball accuracy, I think he will get that under control in the NFL. His floor is Alex Smith imo.

I still think we are going QB at 10 based on the visits.

smokescreen-o.gif

Watson has a number of things required at the QB position that you can't teach. His FBI is off the charts, his leadership is excellent, players love to play with him, he commands the huddle, he keeps everything even-keeled, he's never too high or too low and I don't think anybody on that Clemson team felt they were completely out of a game with him under center. He has all the common flaws a college QB has these days, comes from a spread system, shotgun, footwork/mechanics, that type of stuff can be coached. Do they take him at 10? I don't know. Ideally, I'm definitely a fan of trading down and acquiring some more picks. Every year though, regardless of the QB class (usually) a team makes a move and takes their guy higher than most would. I can see that happening with Trubisky and Watson. Out of the two, I like both. Trubisky has some really great tools to work with as well but his lack of starting experience would push me to draft Watson over him given the choice.

I like Mahomes as well but I think he might be the furthest away from NFL-ready given the system he played in. He pretty much played sandlot ball his entire college career and he knows he'll have to adapt but he's also said that sandlot style and him trying to make something happen is part of his nature and it's not something he'll stop doing entirely. He'll drive his coaches nuts when/if he takes the reigns for some team out there. But I agree with some others who have said he has that Favre-esque X-factor that might turn him into the top QB to come from this class if he's given the time.

One week, peeps. One more week.

Its gonna be watson. Its the pefect time to draft a qb. Now we have two with lots of potential behind tt... Thts 3 chances at getting it right. Tt improves or jones or watson become big time. It makes sense.

Im sure the bills will find a few good players in this draft. Whaley always does. But he knows hes spinning his wheels until we can get a legit top ten qb

I could see Watson being the QB the Bills want. There really hasn't been a whole lot of rumored Bills interest. You heard that comment about Whaley loving him a while ago (which I could definitely see being true). But since then, not much. While in the mean time there has been a lot of stuff out there about the Bills working out and dining with Trubisky, Kizer, Mahomes. But not much about Watson, that I'm aware of anyway. Which makes me kind of wonder if Watson is the guy they are after (if they are actually even truly looking to draft a QB in the first couple rounds).

I could see Watson being the QB the Bills want. There really hasn't been a whole lot of rumored Bills interest. You heard that comment about Whaley loving him a while ago (which I could definitely see being true). But since then, not much. While in the mean time there has been a lot of stuff out there about the Bills working out and dining with Trubisky, Kizer, Mahomes. But not much about Watson, that I'm aware of anyway. Which makes me kind of wonder if Watson is the guy they are after (if they are actually even truly looking to draft a QB in the first couple rounds).

Report: Bills to visit with Clemson's Deshaun Watson on Friday (4/21)

Its gonna be watson. Its the pefect time to draft a qb. Now we have two with lots of potential behind tt... Thts 3 chances at getting it right. Tt improves or jones or watson become big time. It makes sense.

Im sure the bills will find a few good players in this draft. Whaley always does. But he knows hes spinning his wheels until we can get a legit top ten qb

Whaley loved EJ and said he had the "it" factor.

Thanks. I hadn't seen that. Well I guess you can throw my theory out the window...

But wait, no dinner with Pegula, so...? lol j/k

Yeah, idk why the media didn't make a bigger show out of it like the other qbs. Maybe they were all baked for 4/20 and missed it.

Eh, i need the top 2-3 picks to be day 1 starters for Buffalo. Plus we have Ragland coming off a lost season so he's like another draft pick coming in.

The Bills aren't challenging for a title this season. Go with who the best player will be now as well as in the future.

Whaley loved EJ and said he had the "it" factor.

Yeah, I don't have much faith in DW as a judge of QB talent. He's done better in other areas, mostly pro personnel. I doubt he lands the Bills the franchise QB they desperately need.