[closed]Grading Whaley

Big Hurt

I personally think Doug Whaley is a terrible GM. He has plenty of chances to address the QB position and failed. He reached for players in the draft and threw money away on terrible players in free agency. I cannot see any success with this guy in charge. I hope this is his last shot. I just can't take this cap anymore!!

2 pro bowls in a row but hasn't addressed the QB position

Yep. Have ten other qbs drop out and you have a pro bowl qb. I like Tyrod and absolutely think letting him go would be a huge mistake but the pro bowl is a joke.

Edited by TANK2

I'd give Whaley about a B or B -. He's done a great job acquiring cheap bets (Alexander, Tyrod, Incognito and Zach Brown). He got Shady for next to nothing. He took some chances in the draft that have been aggressive but for the most part they are talented players. He has also done some stupid things (like not having language in Dareus' contract for a failed drug test). Overall though the level of talent on this team is way higher than it was prior.

The talent level on this team is leaps and bounds beyond where it was about 6-8 years ago. Buddy Nix helped to draft some of these guys though. There is no telling whom Whaley had input on in those drafts though. Either way, I think our arrow is pointed up. The elusive Franchise QB thing is all that hinders us now. Hopefully that can be solved.

The talent level on this team is leaps and bounds beyond where it was about 6-8 years ago. Buddy Nix helped to draft some of these guys though. There is no telling whom Whaley had input on in those drafts though. Either way, I think our arrow is pointed up. The elusive Franchise QB thing is all that hinders us now. Hopefully that can be solved.

Agree on Nix as well, he laid the foundation. Those Guy/Modrak years were really terrible. Edited by Kirby Jackson