1-18: McDermott Interviews Ken Dorsey for Bills' OC Position

oh? Did not hear that.

Wow, hadn't heard that. Is there more to the story? Proehl stepping aside etc...

from what ive understood per Carolina message board it may not be officially announced but they've parted ways oer Dorsey's request

Evidentally this falls back to Newton vs Rivera. Stock has fallen a lot. And thats awful because the team has a good chance to make a run in 2017.

What's getting out is thatNewton has lost the locker room, has been quoted saying he is interested in taking a year off, having already said he didn't focus on 2016 and had other interests in mind. This is causing ripples in Carolina.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

from what ive understood per Carolina message board it may not be officially announced but they've parted ways oer Dorsey's request

Evidentally this falls back to Newton vs Rivera. Stock has fallen a lot. And thats awful because the team has a good chance to make a run in 2017.

What's getting out is thatNewton has lost the locker room, has been quoted saying he is interested in taking a year off, having already said he didn't focus on 2016 and had other interests in mind. This is causing ripples in Carolina.

Very interesting, thank you!

Buffalo or Miami...hope it doesn't come down to the weather.

Can't imagine this would happen, but could the Panthers still block a move?

i am not sure if he has a family, but NFL coaching is much less taxing than college due to recruiting. It's extremely time consuming and stressful especially for the position coaches who do the bulk of it.

Panther fans clamoring for Shula to be fired. The offense took a huge step back this year. Not a lot of love for any of the offensive coaches. This would be pretty lackluster to turn over our whole offense to a first time OC like Dorsey. There seems to be a severe lack of qualified OC's around the league

LOL...I knew you'd say that soon as I typed it as you said that in the SB yesterday.

The Super Bowl was yesterday? God, I've got to give up drinking.

What would BeerBall say? :unsure:

Panther fans clamoring for Shula to be fired. The offense took a huge step back this year. Not a lot of love for any of the offensive coaches. This would be pretty lackluster to turn over our whole offense to a first time OC like Dorsey. There seems to be a severe lack of qualified OC's around the league

There are a lot of openings. Seller's market.

Yea mechanically can is terrible. He's always throwing back foot poor motion etc... but gifted enough that he doesn't have to be as disciplined to still be good

what he did was get Newton to pass the ball across the field. Early on in 13 it was argued the pays limited Newtons visibility and he was only to read 3 targets. This is why he would run.

Interesting enough to hear this take. Its never been verified but it was a popular mantra. In 2014 he was given more reign, whenever they got Ginn back it really changed the play calling

The thing is, all of the great Coordinators had to start somewhere and without opportunity, you never know what you have. I understand the AVP love, but considering McD worked with him in Carolina, I would think McD is pretty sure he knows what he's getting. Would think they've spitballed ideas over lunches and work about if / when they get their opportunity. So, since it's fresh and new and we're looking long-term, if McD is good with it - I'll take the open mind route and wait to see what unfolds....this kind of hire would also make sense of all the other position hires thus far.