The Trump Economy

GG

On 4/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, Foxx said:

not sure where the oil consumption levels are currently at with the down turn but before it, it was around 100 million barrels a day. also, before the Russia/Saudi agreement, the world production was in the neighborhood of 95 million barrels a day.

this will certainly help for maybe a month, 2 tops. 

Bailout for the domestic oil industry.  I'm not complaining; I think it's a good idea. 

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNBC reports: “The U.S. economy could contract at its worst rate since the Great Depression later this year due to the coronavirus crisis, warned Kevin Hassett, who recently rejoined the Trump administration as a senior economic advisor.” In an interview Monday on CNBC’s Squawk Box, Hassett said, “You’re looking at something like minus 20% to minus 30% in the second quarter.” That is in line with other prognosticators. (“The average estimates in the CNBC Rapid Update economic survey, as of late last week, showed a 5.3% decline in first-quarter GDP and about a 29% contraction in the second quarter.”) Hassett warns that April unemployment, to be released next Friday, will likely reach 16 to 17 percent.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

CNBC reports: “The U.S. economy could contract at its worst rate since the Great Depression later this year due to the coronavirus crisis, warned Kevin Hassett, who recently rejoined the Trump administration as a senior economic advisor.” In an interview Monday on CNBC’s Squawk Box, Hassett said, “You’re looking at something like minus 20% to minus 30% in the second quarter.” That is in line with other prognosticators. (“The average estimates in the CNBC Rapid Update economic survey, as of late last week, showed a 5.3% decline in first-quarter GDP and about a 29% contraction in the second quarter.”) Hassett warns that April unemployment, to be released next Friday, will likely reach 16 to 17 percent.

Well, if you're really lucky, your Democrat friends will find a way to extend this into November, so that they can try to win more power.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!

- All the tools on the left 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, if you're really lucky, your Democrat friends will find a way to extend this into November, so that they can try to win more power.

Probably won’t need it, but if that happens, yup, we will be leading this country again soon. WH and Senate, too. 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Probably won’t need it, but if that happens, yup, we will be leading this country again soon. WH and Senate, too. 

But you might need it so having in your back pocket is a good thing?  Is this what you’re saying?  If the economic meltdown extends to November it’s all good. Your giddiness at this is ***** pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But you might need it so having in your back pocket is a good thing?  Is this what you’re saying?  If the economic meltdown extends to November it’s all good. Your giddiness at this is ***** pathetic. 

But totally on brand for the poster who laughed when US Soldiers died. Did you really expect more from a proven lout? 

42 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

...no way could I ever buy that you are "surprised"......the Progressives are hell bent on reigning in the world's perennial "big bully", relegating the US to the middle of the pack in a true lesson of humiliation.......in the meantime, they are perfectly fine with China's ongoing campaign of proliferation to dominate the world in a decade....go figure.....

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

If I were a betting man based on what Cuomo has said I would bet on a shutdown again starting in October.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I need to block Tibs quotes. He's getting evil. Stupid is one thing. Evil is quite another.

True colors are coming out the more desperate they are getting. And someone like him, I don't think he thinks he's desperate (he's not self aware enough), but the people that feed him his information certainly are growing more desperate by the hour.

• Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

“We will never let the great U.S. Oil & Gas Industry down,” Trump said on Twitter. “I have instructed the Secretary of Energy and Secretary of the Treasury to formulate a plan which will make funds available so that these very important companies and jobs will be secured long into the future!”

...and then?

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

“We will never let the great U.S. Oil & Gas Industry down,” Trump said on Twitter. “I have instructed the Secretary of Energy and Secretary of the Treasury to formulate a plan which will make funds available so that these very important companies and jobs will be secured long into the future!”

Well, they are pretty important, no ? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

No, they can and will be replaced by green energy 

Maybe , in another 5 to 10 decades. I mean, I’m sure most people would buy a vehicle that ran on hydrogen if it were available at a comparable price , had great performance like a gasoline powered car, and fueling stations were widely available, right ? Free market competition says it would exist already if there was a way. Nobody has managed to do this yet, same with heating homes etc. There’s money to be made with such innovations, but no one has managed yet. We don’t have anything better, at least not yet. There’s a new project for you while self isolating; you could make millions .