The Trump Economy

GG

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

You are correct, I have no argument. I am merely entertaining my self. I didn't create a world full of sheep who generally take the easy way out. Well, all those trends have led us to today. Few were willing to accept the ounce of prevention approach and now we get to enjoy the ton of cure. You try to hide your hostility but it's like a cancer eating away at you. Why else do you support everything that has brought our collective problems to such a zenith? The best part is that you promote all the people and ideas that created such a mess in the first place. Even for those that think they are awake, they are still generally naive about the true horror show that has plagued us and the world. We aren't all gonna make it through this. Might as well enjoy the ride and hope for the best. You do you though. Believe me, I am looking forward to all of your commentary over the next 12 months...that is if you can last that long. Personally, I doubt you have the endurance.?

Hey, who knows, maybe the Supreme Court will be dumb enough to kill health insurance for 30 million Americans on top of all this. Sure would be doing what they want. Republican leaders hate the people. 

images-1.jpg

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hey, who knows, maybe the Supreme Court will be dumb enough to kill health insurance for 30 million Americans on top of all this. Sure would be doing what they want. Republican leaders hate the people. 

images-1.jpg

If the country didn't fall so madly in love with exporting jobs that had benefits to far off lands, perhaps most of those people would have had coverage today through actual employment, with the added benefit of supply chains being secured. It's time we all took our medicine and learned some harsh lessons and apply them. Try to relax in the meantime. Adults will make everything safe and comfortable for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I see no reason to do this. 

Well, 3.5 months isn't enough time for people under normal circumstances, so why not give them an extra 6-8 months to file ***** that was closed out at the end of 2019?

If only Trump had listened to the experts. But he thought they were the deep State. 

If only Trump had acted sooner, we could have been more like South Korea

If only Trump had some common sense. But farting unicorns are more realistic than that. 

It will be gone by April, like a miracle 

7 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Me either. Unfortunately most people get refunds. It’s delaying getting much needed money to people by allowing them to procrastinate.   What’s the delay?

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If only Trump had listened to the experts. But he thought they were the deep State. 

If only Trump had some common sense. But farting unicorns are more realistic than that. 

It will be gone by April, like a miracle 

Well that’s my aspiration in life. To be more like South Korea. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Which day, exactly, would you have preferred he shut down the country?

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

images-1.jpg

Earth to Tiberius : The people who got incredibly agitated over Herbert Hoover are pretty much gone from this world.  That aside if you had read anything about HH you would know that he was not a hater.  Actually, fairly astute but not much of a public speaker and did not have FDR's flare for addressing the nation.  The greatest irony will be that many so called intellectuals will still criticize HH but also will label Trump's stimulus efforts as purely wasteful as I heard on one weekend AM radio financial show.

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It will be gone by April. 

I guess Trump was talking about the economy, not the virus 

Keep cheering for people's misery. Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll have more deaths to entertain you.

18 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I guess that I will go against the grain and say there is good reason depending on the situation.  Most businesses don't have huge cash reserves to deal with a 60 day interruption in income.  If they have credit lines they most likely have already tapped into them to stay solvent.  What would have been used to pay income taxes has already been raided to stay afloat.  Whoever is advising Trump probably made him aware of this problem.  Word as of late is many financial institutions are running for cover shutting off credit options for many businesses without direct cause such as late payment.  Many business owners if they are not between a rock and a hard place soon will be there.  

32 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I guess that I will go against the grain and say there is good reason depending on the situation.  Most businesses don't have huge cash reserves to deal with a 60 day interruption in income.  If they have credit lines they most likely have already tapped into them to stay solvent.  What would have been used to pay income taxes has already been raided to stay afloat.  Whoever is advising Trump probably made him aware of this problem.  Word as of late is many financial institutions are running for cover shutting off credit options for many businesses without direct cause such as late payment.  Many business owners if they are not between a rock and a hard place soon will be there.  

Agree that many businesses are between a rock and a hard place.  The IRS though already has policies in place for people/businesses that can't pay their taxes on time.  To me everyone should get their returns filed and if some people/businesses can't pay on time then deal with those as needed.  Small business owners typically make quarterly tax payments and those are due on a schedule regardless if your return was filed on time or extended.

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree that many businesses are between a rock and a hard place.  The IRS though already has policies in place for people/businesses that can't pay their taxes on time.  To me everyone should get their returns filed and if some people/businesses can't pay on time then deal with those as needed.  Small business owners typically make quarterly tax payments and those are due on a schedule regardless if your return was filed on time or extended.

Yes, but those who can't pay on time are subject to making regular payments which commences shortly after a plan is worked out.  Quite simply I would guess that there are many people who probably could not make payments for several months if not longer.  IRS protocol does not allow for a floating multi-year payment period lacking a schedule of payments.  Usually, before that happens you are making weekly unpleasant contact with an IRS agent and delinquents are subject to income garnishment and asset seizure.  Nobody wants to go to a place where this is wide spread because it greatly reduces the value of comparable assets and leads to a festering society where extremists prevail.  Pushing back the clock on 2019 is not just an idle whim to buy votes in my mind but to keep a hole from blowing open in American society.