The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems $2.39 is still holding strong in the BUF. Strange . That’s for regular, paid $ 2.91 for premium on Friday. 

They are gouging in Buffalo. When there's that big of a spread between the reservation gas and non reservation gas then you know something is wrong. Reservation stations are not going to price gasoline at a loss. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:13 PM, Tiberius said:

There’s talk of stimulus spending. Bailing out small businesses, infrastructure to pump up the economy. All that will have to run through Madam Speaker

On 3/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Link?

On 3/3/2020 at 12:31 PM, B-Man said:

Thank you.

@Tiberius right on the money as usual. Thank you for this insider information.

• Thank you (+1) 1

In case anyone was interested in some economics, the Fed is throwing trillions of dollars into the financial system, stated it will buy as many T-bonds as necessary, intervening in new markets, propping up corporate debt markets, and probably keeping all the Wall Street banks solvent.  The Fed has unlimited ammunition.

On the fiscal side, we are talking a $2 trillion package.  Where will they get all of that money as the economy is collapsing?  A crisis exposes a lot of falsehoods about economics...

+2,113

DOW rebounds more than 11% in best day since 1933 as Congress is working on coronavirus stimulus deal

VERNON SMITH: Coronavirus economy: Reports of an economic crash have been greatly exaggerated. 

“The economy today lives in suspense, not free-fall.

The pandemic will pass. Supply chains will refill. Securities markets will recover, and growth will continue.”

I think this is right. I certainly hope so.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

+2,113

DOW rebounds more than 11% in best day since 1933 as Congress is working on coronavirus stimulus deal

VERNON SMITH: Coronavirus economy: Reports of an economic crash have been greatly exaggerated. 

The pandemic will pass. Supply chains will refill. Securities markets will recover, and growth will continue.”

I just hope I can hold it until Charmin gets stocked. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

+2,113

Glad to see that since I decided to buy in again yesterday.  However, I'm not confident we've seen a bottom, especially as NYC gets slammed over the next 7-10 days.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Glad to see that since I decided to buy in again yesterday.  However, I'm not confident we've seen a bottom, especially as NYC gets slammed over the next 7-10 days.

Don't misinterpret what I write, but I always get a kick here when someone on the board comments how glad they were to buy at the right moment. It always makes me think of my gambling buddy.

"Dude, I got five blackjacks last night! I mean, I lost the other 87 hands, but I got five blackjacks last night!"

Edited by IDBillzFan

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Don't misinterpret what I write, but I always get a kick here when someone on the board comments how glad they were to buy at the right moment. It always makes me think of my gambling buddy.

"Dude, I got five blackjacks last night! I mean, I lost the other 87 hands, but I got five blackjacks last night!"

As I said, I'm not confident it was the right moment.  If I was confident it was the right moment, then I would've gone all in with my cash position.

Just now, TPS said:

As I said, I'm not confident it was the right moment.  If I was confident it was the right moment, then I would've gone all in with my cash position.

I know. I'm not being critical of you, per se. It's just the first thing that pops in my head.

Good timing....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bezos-other-corporate-executives-sold-shares-just-in-time-11585042204?mod=hp_lead_pos4

Top executives at U.S.-traded companies sold a total of roughly $9.2 billion in shares of their own companies between the start of February and the end of last week, a Wall Street Journal analysis shows.

The selling saved the executives—including many in the financial industry—potential losses totaling $1.9 billion, according to the analysis, as the S&P 500 stock index plunged about 30% from its peak on Feb. 19 through the close of trading March 20.

24 minutes ago, TPS said:

You might not have bought at the bottom but so what? I'm saying that you bought well below what it'll be in a month or two.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You might not have bought at the bottom but so what? I'm saying that you bought well below what it'll be in a month or two.

That is what I figured when I started buying... and what I've been saying to Hubby as he waits for the market to go down more. :rolleyes: 

(To be fair, he's been tracking specific stocks for a few weeks now... he could have pulled the trigger a few times. I just wish he would.) .

Edited by Buffalo_Gal