The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

In what context Tibsy Obiden?  I haven't seen the outline of a bailout, have you?

No clue, I was just speculating. But the airlines run on thin margins. This situation could push them over the edge. Massive corporate bailout

Just now, Tiberius said:

No clue, I was just speculating. But the airlines run on thin margins. This situation could push them over the edge. Massive corporate bailout

Oh, speculating.  That seems productive. On that note: 

How did you like that movie that comes out next year, is Josh Allen a first ballot HOFer, and wow, flying cars. Whodathunkit?  

On 3/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, TPS said:

The number of cases is low because we’ve tested so few, but as testing ramps up over the next few weeks the numbers will reflect the reality of the situation. As it accelerates, and more people get hospitalized, we’ll discover that we lack facilities and supplies. We’ll then see another $X billion thrown at it. They are being reactive not proactive. 

And then we’ll see what the mortality rate really is. Which is what President of the United States of America’s said. It’s very likely to be quite a bit lower because many folks don’t go to a hospital for treatment and get better. Stay out of nursing homes - especially the shitholes in Washington State. 

3 hours ago, bbb said:

Any suggestions?  

I bought XOM today. Dividends are about 7 1/2% per year. That’s a lot better than bank notes or treasuries. I’m also glad I got in on FortySeven awhile ago. 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

29/17 = 1.7....Do people really think the value of American companies appreciated 70 percent in 40 months?

The GDP in that time went up 8 percent.

Markets are a place where sellers meet buyers to make transactions. There are lots of ways to evaluate the value of securities. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

How did you like that movie that comes out next year, is Josh Allen a first ballot HOFer, and wow, flying cars. Whodathunkit?  

Oh how terrible, speculating on a message board! You must be really butt hurt over something snowflake 

39 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

...in other words, nothing has changed......

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Airlines are not getting crushed by this? Pretty soon, they will be begging for a bailout..a government handout 

...screw them....they've been riding the BILLIONS crest of lower fuel prices and the effin' peanuts are stale......I have to pay an extra $100+ each to get my family travelers seated together.....I have my rainy day fund for our company in the event our construction market softens.....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...screw them....they've been riding the BILLIONS crest of lower fuel prices and the effin' peanuts are stale......I have to pay an extra $100+ each to get my family travelers seated together.....I have my rainy day fund for our company in the event our construction market softens.....

Yes! And Trump will have to do it! Love it! 

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh how terrible, speculating on a message board! You must be really butt hurt over something snowflake 

I  was unfazed by your outburst and forgive you for it. 

I am all for discussing topics and speculating accordingly.  However, I feel it's incumbent on the original poster to set the table. When you inquired about Trump bailing out the airlines, being a person of good faith, I assumed you had some knowledge or inclination that someone named "Trump" was proposing a bailout of a sector of the economy, in this case, the airline industry.  

With respect to President Trump hypothetically offering assistance to the airline industry, I may or may not support such a plan. I would factor in the details of the plan, the impact on airlines and employees thereof, the cost to the taxpayer, and whether or not the decision impacted my travel plans. 

Good talk. 

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I  was unfazed by your outburst and forgive you for it. 

I am all for discussing topics and speculating accordingly.  However, I feel it's incumbent on the original poster to set the table. When you inquired about Trump bailing out the airlines, being a person of good faith, I assumed you had some knowledge or inclination that someone named "Trump" was proposing a bailout of a sector of the economy, in this case, the airline industry.  

With respect to President Trump hypothetically offering assistance to the airline industry, I may or may not support such a plan. I would factor in the details of the plan, the impact on airlines and employees thereof, the cost to the taxpayer, and whether or not the decision impacted my travel plans. 

Good talk. 

Not too difficult to see which way the wind is blowing. 

Oh, you will enthusiastically support it. Like all the Trump supporters. You accept help from Russia, you will accept the corporate bailout