The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump on capital hill pushing for stimulus to bail out his economy. Can the deficit hit $2 trillion? 

Hey, it’s the media’s fault Italy is locked down and Israel is massively cutting travel. 

Airlines blamed the media for exaggerating the effects of the coronavirus Tuesday, urgently broadcasting that they are "open for business" as travel continues to slump and new numbers suggest the worst may be yet to come for the industry. 

In a statement Tuesday morning, the trade group Airlines for America said that "false media narratives ... have led to confusion and uncertainty across the country," and argued that it's safe to fly, saying "numerous health officials have affirmed that the risk remains low for travelers who follow CDC guidelines."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/10/airlines-travel-slump-coronavirus-125016

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I know its only one day in the long run, but we always seem to have multiple posts when it drops a thousand.   ?

Dow Jones Surges 1,200 Points In Whipsaw Day On ...

...elementary my dear Watson.......losses=Trump....gains=Tibs.......he's quite prolific....who do you think Greenspan stole "irrational exuberance" from?...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...elementary my dear Watson.......losses=Trump....gains=Tibs.......he's quite prolific....who do you think Greenspan stole "irrational exuberance" from?...............

"Honestly Holmes, you astound me !"  00df812e2b3a259b7d9ee2066c232d39.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've been out of pocket all day, and went to the last page here to try to catch up............What did I miss when dropping money out of helicopters was on the table?!?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

???

Trump May Bail Out His Billionaire Oil-Industry Pals, the True ...

17 hours ago - “The idea you would look to help out shale companies now is like something ... In addition to targeted industry bailouts, Trump reportedly told ...

Whoever is paying you is getting ripped off.  Anybody paying attention would soon notice that you are the dumbest person on here, and would go the other way on what you say.  

• Like (+1) 2

No, it's a bailout 

‘This is not a bailout’: Mnuchin defends Trump plan to rescue firms affected by coronavirus

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Wednesday defended the Trump administration’s plan to provide targeted emergency assistance for specific industries hurt by the coronavirus fallout, denying that the White House proposals amount to a “bailout” despite mounting scrutiny over whether powerful firms are being targeted for assistance.

Speaking to lawmakers on Capitol Hill, Mnuchin said the White House could act to provide assistance to the travel, cruise and hotel industries that have been hammered by cancellations and a drop-off in new bookings because of traveler concerns.

The White House is considering providing low- or no-interest loans to these industries and could defer taxes for these companies until a later date, according to multiple senior administration officials. The situation is evolving rapidly.

The White House is also considering offering low- or no-interest loans to oil and gas producers who have been hit by plummeting oil prices, officials said. It is unclear which of these measures would require approval by Congress. But Mnuchin suggested he would consult with lawmakers after consulting with business leaders.

Read more here.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lonesentry.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F10%2Fp-47-bailout-procedures.jpg&hash=e52bd63182eac5f54408d2802b780e8b

Is this a joke?  Hundreds?!?

The Washington Post
Democracy Dies in Darkness

News Alert Mar 11, 6:23 PM

Hundreds of Americans have lost jobs in industries hit hard by coronavirus, as outbreak takes bigger toll on economy

The early layoffs, while small, are an indication of how the novel coronavirus is triggering a rapid turnaround in the American economy, which only weeks ago looked strong, with unemployment at a half-century low.

Read more »
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bbb said:

Whoever is paying you is getting ripped off.  Anybody paying attention would soon notice that you are the dumbest person on here, and would go the other way on what you say.  

Reminds me of the classic Seinfeld episode "The Opposite."  As to who is paying him it is the modern version of the organization CHAOS from Get Smart helmed by Soros.

22 minutes ago, bbb said:

Is this a joke?  Hundreds?!?

The Washington Post
Democracy Dies in Darkness

News Alert Mar 11, 6:23 PM

Hundreds of Americans have lost jobs in industries hit hard by coronavirus, as outbreak takes bigger toll on economy

The early layoffs, while small, are an indication of how the novel coronavirus is triggering a rapid turnaround in the American economy, which only weeks ago looked strong, with unemployment at a half-century low.

Read more »

If anything Tibs should be picking up hours at the laundromat as more Americans obsess over the cleanliness of their clothes.  Tibs might yet wind up as a income tax paying citizen.  For at least this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You clowns think this is funny? Just hundreds? 

Oh, I forgot, you guys want to pretend there won’t be further economic damage. Sticking your heads in the sand will make the world a little more beautiful, but it won’t inform you 

• Like (+1) 1