The Trump Economy

GG

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Care to post the graph of interest rate increases in Canada in the last year? Could it be that the economy was doing spectacularly well or is everything a conspiracy theory by some shadowy people pulling strings from their yachts ?

I hope you know that assface comment was not directed towards you at all Meaza. Or your post. It was directed to the actual assface posting above mine :beer:

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hope you know that assface comment was not directed towards you at all Meaza. Or your post. It was directed to the actual assface posting above mine :beer:

I’m aware but I still don’t think you should have posted that graph as if it actually tells a story. 

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

$$ thanks bro. 

We are checking the payroll at the Deep State  HQ (Clinton Library sub-basement 17, get it?) because Spielberg is convinced you are one of us. Our real enemies have credibility but you make us look great. “He has to be one of us. No one could believe this stuff.”

Hows the Q stuff working? Is this the week? Being off by 9-10 weeks of “next week” Is rough for you and the guys. But maybe next week is the week. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

As the trade war escalated between the United States and China this spring, American cherry exporters in Washington state unexpectedly found their customs processing slowed at the Chinese border.

Unannounced, increased inspections began in late May and in early June. The extra time the inspections took backed up shipments into mainland China, leading to some shipments rotting on the docks and forcing exporters to divert their produce so it could be sold before it spoiled.

Then, almost as suddenly as they were put in place, the increased inspections stopped, said Keith Hu, director of international operations at the Northwest Cherry Growers. Disparate American goods such as oranges, logs, calf skins and even Lincoln vehicles have encountered heightened customs reviews at Chinese ports this year. Multinational companies already accustomed to the sometimes difficult environment have reported an uptick in the number of hurdles they must jump through in order to do business in the increasingly lucrative market.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/27/china-us-business-1074184

43 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And so it begins. Trump is so xenophobic and childlike in his thoughts , i am not 100% sure he understands the global economy at all. I sure as hell hope he gets this mess figured out fast. 

https://www.axios.com/apple-earnings-warning-2ea38184-4298-41cb-bac1-2f9f1ceaa8b9.html

What does this have to do with Trump? Apple is a business. Like all businesses, they need to adjust or be run out of business. 

They expected 89 billion in profits but only made 84 billion. My heart bleeds for them.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, westside said:

What does this have to do with Trump? Apple is a business. Like all businesses, they need to adjust or be run out of business. 

They expected 89 billion in profits but only made 84 billion. My heart bleeds for them.

#orangemanbad

2kmqeu.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And so it begins. Trump is so xenophobic and childlike in his thoughts , i am not 100% sure he understands the global economy at all. I sure as hell hope he gets this mess figured out fast. 

https://www.axios.com/apple-earnings-warning-2ea38184-4298-41cb-bac1-2f9f1ceaa8b9.html

Apple's problems were inevitable. 

Their growth was based on people buying smart phones and apps.  We're approaching "peak smartphone" where the pool of new smartphone users is only shrinking.  Existing smartphone users have realized they don't have to stand in line every year to upgrade to the latest and greatest. 

Fewer new phones and fewer upgrades mean people are buying fewer apps.  Fewer app purchases means Apple is generating less revenue from the 15% "Apple Tax"

Increased competition from Android devices have cut into Apple's market share

2 hours ago, westside said:

To be accurate, its a revenue shortfall, meaning sales.

Not profit.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, westside said:

Do you understand how global markets work and the effect of tariffs? My gut tells me no. 

Based on your statement, you believe somehow the US economy is insulated form world markets. God bless ya son, I guess ignorance teulybis bliss. Go back to being happy!

Edited by plenzmd1

58 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Their growth was based on people buying smart phones and apps.  We're approaching "peak smartphone" where the pool of new smartphone users is only shrinking.  Existing smartphone users have realized they don't have to stand in line every year to upgrade to the latest and greatest. 

Fewer new phones and fewer upgrades mean people are buying fewer apps.  Fewer app purchases means Apple is generating less revenue from the 15% "Apple Tax"

I think the larger macro issue is the 2nd largest economy in the world is starting to slow down. I am not saying 100% due to the Trump tariffs, but theyvare certainly contributing to to the slowdown. 

For many businessses, especially tech companies, a good portion of their 1-3 year strategic plans incorporate healthy revenue growth in China and APAC. Those projections and plans are being put at jeopardy due to the global slowdown that Trump is turbo charging with inane tariffs. 

Apple is just a harbinger of what’s to come earning wise from other tech companies if this tariff mess is not cleaned up quick. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Do you understand how global markets work and the effect of tariffs? My gut tells me no. 

Based on your statement, you believe somehow the US economy is insulated form world markets. God bless ya son, I guess ignorance teulybis bliss. Go back to being happy!

See this:

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

To explain everything.

You can look at Samsung, LG, and the Google phones for similar information.  Apple has become oversaturated, as well.  When every grandmother and grandfather has the apple phone it means it's reached it's peak.  The benefits of the old folks having it are facetiming the grandyoungins but that's about it - they're not buying the apps. Nor are over celebrated douchebag 12 year olds whose parents are buying them an iPhone.

Apple hasn't had a breakthrough on their technology with iPhone in 5+ years and there is no draw to them. Nor have other phones, for the most part. But what is happening to apple with their phone is just like what happened to Blackberry.

Point: only so many smart phone users in the country & world. That apple can no longer tap in to them for new phones hurts. Not to mention Apple having invested a lot in the last few years for facilities and upkeep on top of having an expensive buy in for apps.

Apples downfall is coming.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think the larger macro issue is the 2nd largest economy in the world is starting to slow down. I am not saying 100% due to the Trump tariffs, but theyvare certainly contributing to to the slowdown. 

For many businessses, especially tech companies, a good portion of their 1-3 year strategic plans incorporate healthy revenue growth in China and APAC. Those projections and plans are being put at jeopardy due to the global slowdown that Trump is turbo charging with inane tariffs. 

Apple is just a harbinger of what’s to come earning wise from other tech companies if this tariff mess is not cleaned up quick. 

This is why Trump is winning the tariff war and putting us in position for fair trade with China. Isn't it nice to have a leader looking out for our best interests?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

You're half right.  The sales miss is due to a much faster downturn in China that anyone expected (yes, thanks Trump) and the elongation of the iPhone replacement cycles.  Apple new this day of reckoning was coming, they and the market just didn't know when.

The flip side is that the app/services side is where the growth will be because it's not as dependent on new handset sales.  Their goal now is to have you buy more apps/video/music on the phones that you don't replace as often.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Can you show me proof tariffs are to blame and not the product or the management at Apple?

Why should we (the American people) care about Apple and there profits if we're not effected by it?

I put country first, do you?