Kelly Skipper Named Bills' RB Coach

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming his job consists of "Just keep doing you Shady". And then he watches film with them. Seems pretty easy to me. Like anyone could do it easy. TL;DR Kelly Skipper will be just do just fine as RB coach.

given shady having some highs and some lows in his career and that at times being both scheme and technique related.... we may be overselling that.

i hope that we get a guy that actually connects with shady as a person and can help get the most out of him

given shady having some highs and some lows in his career and that at times being both scheme and technique related.... we may be overselling that.

i hope that we get a guy that actually connects with shady as a person and can help get the most out of him

Even Shadys off years are pretty good. Plus all the RB' s on this roster with the exception of Williams are seasoned vets. I doubt any RB coach is going to change them that much.

He's yet another mediocre coach who under performs consistently. How do these guys continue to get jobs? They have some damn good agents.

A quote from the Florida Times Union when the Jags hired him:

"Oakland’s run game statistics were woeful last year. The Raiders were last in yards per game (77.5) and rushing touchdowns (four). In Skipper’s six years, the Raiders’ running game finished 21st, second, seventh, 28th, 12th and last. Oakland’s combined six-year run-game ranking was 16th in yards and 12th in yards per attempt."

Slight caveat to the "last in yards per game" stat. They had the fewest attempts in the league. They threw 629 times with a rookie QB and a bad line - to such studs like James Jones and Andre Holmes... Part of the purge of reggie mckenzie that actually made the team relevant again.

I remember them being alright when Mcfadden was healthy. So many wasted... everything when you look at those teams though. Heyward-bey in the first. A first for Palmer - but no upgrades to the line. A first for Richard Seymour. Jamarcus! McClain! It's a brutal list. Mckenzie has been a revelation with bringing in talent to that team.

I'm assuming his job consists of "Just keep doing you Shady". And then he watches film with them. Seems pretty easy to me. Like anyone could do it easy. TL;DR Kelly Skipper will be just do just fine as RB coach.

Similar to Barry Switzer having some hardware?

Aye Aye Skipper.

Buffalo leading the league in bald coaching hires!

as a man with some of the most curly locks i've ever seen from a man whose bald spot is bigger than his hair spot... upon this day i am proud of all men sans hair.

I don't really think this is a big deal and it's nearly impossible to judge the work of positional coaches unless their units take a step backward.

I do think it's weird that we're hiring all these offensive guys without an OC. I'm also underwhelmed by all the names being thrown around. With McDermott being a defense guy I really hope he doesn't have the same problem that Gailey had (unable to scout or find the right coaches for the opposite side of the ball).

Can you tell us who the RBs were and who was on the offensive line? A of that does play a part. Poor Shady and TD Mike are going to forget how to run the rock now that Skipper has shown up...

Yep. You can't judge a RB coach on the statistics of his backs. Too many other variables outside his control:

* the natural talent of the backs.

* the work ethic of the backs.

* the health of the backs.

* the natural talent, work ethic and health of the offensive line.

* the ability of the offensive line coach

* the ability of the offensive coordinator

* the ability of the head coach

All these things influence the statistics generated by the running backs.