McDermott hire further diminishes Whaley

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, I want to know.

I had never heard that Whaley (supposedly) was not all in re Rex until very recently.

I can't help it if you don't pay attention. That has been known since Rex was hired. Not our problem you slept through that.

I can't help it if you don't pay attention. That has been known since Rex was hired. Not our problem you slept through that.

Was this known before or after Doug Whaley went out of his way to say how he and Rex completed each other's sentences?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

http://buffalonews.com/2015/01/21/whaley-feeling-positive-about-bills-new-direction/

With respect (because I always have liked you as a poster), I think it is revisionist history to suggest that Whaley was not in support of hiring Rex.

P.S. The " Get over it" and "I can't help it you don't pay attention" and "not our problem you slept through that" do nothing in persuading me to your view. Just sounds foolish . . . especially when we could have heard Doug and Rex continue to finish each other's sentences.

Edited by Peter

Was this known before or after Doug Whaley went out of his way to say how he and Rex completed each other's sentences?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

http://buffalonews.com/2015/01/21/whaley-feeling-positive-about-bills-new-direction/

With respect (because I always have liked you as a poster), I think it is revisionist history to suggest that Whaley was not in support of hiring Rex.

P.S. The " Get over it" and "I can't help it you don't pay attention" and "not our problem you slept through that" do nothing in persuading me to your view. Just sounds foolish . . . especially when we could have heard Doug and Rex continue to finish each other's sentences.

Yeah, you kinda need to get over it. Aren't you supposed to be back at work from vacation?

Whaley reportedly felt strongly about hiring Hue Jackson. Obviously Rex came in and won the Pegula's and maybe even Whaley over. Had Rex come in and not won the Pegula's over, and they were lukewarm on Rex, maybe it would have been a little easier for Whaley to say, no, I think we should go with Hue.

There is no denying that the Pegula's were lured by the big splash effect of hiring Rex Ryan. To say that Rex had no effect on the Pegula's and solely convinced Whaley he is the guy is a myth or fairy tale.

Whaley reportedly felt strongly about hiring Hue Jackson. Obviously Rex came in and won the Pegula's and maybe even Whaley over. Had Rex come in and not won the Pegula's over, and they were lukewarm on Rex, maybe it would have been a little easier for Whaley to say, no, I think we should go with Hue.

There is no denying that the Pegula's were lured by the big splash effect of hiring Rex Ryan. To say that Rex had no effect on the Pegula's and solely convinced Whaley he is the guy is a myth or fairy tale.

I just don't agree with the bit that Whaley did not support the hire. That (to me) is revisionist history. I also find it humorous that Whaley has attempted to distance himself from the hire. It is particularly funny given how the two apparently completed one another.

I also like to think that I pay attention to this team (unlike the Promo caustic remark). In fact, I pay way too much freaking attention to this team.

Oh well, we each can believe what we want about the Rex hire.

I just wanted to make sure that I know what the official narrative is this time around regarding whether Whaley supports the hire . . . or are we going to hear down the road that he wanted someone else.

Tell me, are you someone who throws a tantrum when your boss doesn't do what you want?

Sully deservedly bashes Whaley and shows him no respect, cause Lil Doug hasn't earned any... but he also goes on to wish McDermott good luck. Very fair column.

Showed McDermott no respect as well suggesting that Josh Norman was the only reason for defensive success in their super bowl year. Look for that to be the narrative beaten over us when we lose 1 game.

Showed McDermott no respect as well suggesting that Josh Norman was the only reason for defensive success in their super bowl year. Look for that to be the narrative beaten over us when we lose 1 game.

and this:

The Bills have hired a 42-year-old defensive coordinator from a recent Super Bowl loser to be head coach before: His name was Gregg Williams

Could be... but the narrative right now is to bash the hell out of Lil Doug (and also Pegs for not cleaning house)... and that will continue to be the main narrative until Pegs wakes up.

Tell me, are you someone who throws a tantrum when your boss doesn't do what you want?

Whaley should have gone public to say how much he disagreed with the hire and how he would have gone in another direction. :rolleyes: At any rate.......Next! BTW !@#$ Jerry Sullivan!!

. . . or I may be the boss.

Believe what you want. The guy went out of his way to talk about completing each others sentences. Show me an article from that time where it states that he was AGAINST hiring Rex.

Given how (I believe) Whaley threw Rex under the bus, I also found another section of the Buffalo News article that I linked both interesting and ironic:

"On Ryan supporting Whaley’s controversial decision to trade first- and fourth-round picks in this year’s draft to move up to select wide receiver Sammy Watkins in last year’s draft: “I appreciate it. I look at it this way: we’re excited to have a No. 1 wide receiver for a long time."

I think Whaley has made an arse out of himself. He made that clear to the world in his press conference.

I used to defend the guy - even when he paid too much for Sammy. I think he actually is a pretty good scout/talent evaluator. I just think he is a weasel now. I hope he does a great job though because he has the title of "General Manager" of the team that I love.

Sullivan is from a different era. Do you think they will let him run the draft by himself? No. Do you think Whaley would draft a player without discussing it with his coaching staff? Teams simply do not operate in the manner in which Sullivan thinks they do. He doesn't even understand basic organizational theory. Whaley was correct in saying he will work in whatever structure fits best with the owner and HC.

. . . or I may be the boss.

Believe what you want. The guy went out of his way to talk about completing each others sentences. Show me an article from that time where it states that he was AGAINST hiring Rex.

Given how (I believe) Whaley threw Rex under the bus, I also found another section of the Buffalo News article that I linked both interesting and ironic:

"On Ryan supporting Whaley’s controversial decision to trade first- and fourth-round picks in this year’s draft to move up to select wide receiver Sammy Watkins in last year’s draft: “I appreciate it. I look at it this way: we’re excited to have a No. 1 wide receiver for a long time."

I think Whaley has made an arse out of himself. He made that clear to the world in his press conference.

I used to defend the guy - even when he paid too much for Sammy. I think he actually is a pretty good scout/talent evaluator. I just think he is a weasel now. I hope he does a great job though because he has the title of "General Manager" of the team that I love.

Unless you own the company, everyone's got a boss!

As for your never-ending crusade against Whaley. You have made your point...dozens and dozens and dozens of times! :doh: Whaley isn't getting fired so you need to move on or find another outlet for your frustration.