Ghost of Mangini, Crennel, and Weiss

McDaniels had his chance. Patricia looks like he will miss out on a job.

The past failures of ex-BB disciples is casting a wide shadow on Patricia and McDaniels

Part of it could be teams not willing to wait until February to interview a candidate. I mean if you decide neither these guys are who you want you're kind of stuck. But I also think there is a belief that Belichick's assistants are not privy to the Ernie Adams secret sauce that makes the Pats* go, and that when you work for the Hoodie you do what he says, you aren't developing your own coaching philosophy.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The past failures of ex-BB disciples is casting a wide shadow on Patricia and McDaniels

McDaniels was a past failure before he met BB.

At least they can take solace in another trip to the SB.

1st world problems..

And that Bil OBrien guy. Can you imagine three straight winning seasons from a new HC with back to back playoff runs?

Yeah it's not good.........Belichick had some moments of weakness when he lost Pioli and all those coaches.........those guys weren't great.......but losing all those experienced guys disrupted things and his defense was actually awful for a brief period.

He has had coaches and FO personnel he can trust in place for an unprecedented amount of time in his regime now and that has really helped them weather talent losses and injuries in recent years, IMO.

Part of it could be teams not willing to wait until February to interview a candidate. I mean if you decide neither these guys are who you want you're kind of stuck. But I also think there is a belief that Belichick's assistants are not privy to the Ernie Adams secret sauce that makes the Pats* go, and that when you work for the Hoodie you do what he says, you aren't developing your own coaching philosophy.

+1

I think this may have alot to do with it. Unless it's a team going wit ha complete re-build, then maybe a month behind isn't as bad. But not so sure either of them would want to get into a total rebuild.

I do also think many wonder are these guys really good or is it all BB pulling the strings behind the curtain.

I think this may have alot to do with it. Unless it's a team going wit ha complete re-build, then maybe a month behind isn't as bad. But not so sure either of them would want to get into a total rebuild.

I do also think many wonder are these guys really good or is it all BB pulling the strings behind the curtain.

When you consider the success rate of Belichick assistants after leaving you have to wonder.