Reed83HOF

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/sean-mcdermott-meeting-with-pegulas-on-wednesday/

"McDermott, who has had other interviews both last year and this year, has had no other offers. If he wants to be an NFL head coach now, hell need to accept the job in Buffalo. Even if it will be harder for him to succeed in Buffalo given the blurred lines and undefined roles and responsibilities in the front office."

"McDermott needs to know who has the power both on paper and as a practical matter. What does G.M. Doug Whaley actually do? What does team president Russ Brandon actually do? Who will I be dealing with when it comes to running the team?"

This is looking like another Pegula hire as they are conducting the second interview from their home in Fla.

ron-howard-the-dilemma-set.jpg

Looking like another Media member just doing the easy thing bash the Bills instead of some actual researched writing

Ie Florio your a freaking Lawyer and a Writer. Go reaserch and answer your own questions you posed and actually provide a reader with info.

Novelty i know

Edited by MAJBobby

Because they're the Denver Broncos and we're the Buffalo Bills? No brainer. Especially when you consider that McCoy was the OC of the Broncos before going to San Diego. He can go home again.

Yeah just like Lynn was going to be hired by the Broncos and TT gonna get 20M plus from them.

McDermott screams "punt on 4th and 1 in opponent territory" to me.

So like every other NFL football coach.

The point of football is to score more points than your opponents. The Lynn/TT O scored points. Enough points that it should have led to more wins IF the defense stopped the other team from scoring.

This wasn't a perfect offense. It couldn't always move the ball through the air so you're complaint has some justification.

But, given that the objective of the offense is to score points, it was a good offense. 7th best in the league at scoring before the final, meaningless game.

And Big Deal because with an AVG defense it was below .500 because there is no balance because the QB is a RB that can hit an occasional throw

Why does the QB need to be a HOF QB?

What if those draft picks and FA signing you bring in fail.

Why is it always such an extreme with Quarterbacks?

Its either HOF worthy or complete S(*&. There is never in between.

As we have seen in Buffalo, drafting position players has just as good a chance to flamer out than a QB does.

If you get a QB you can manage those flame outs better though...

Obviously you want a HOF QB - everyone does. You should always, always, be on the lookout for any potential ones and do the risk v reward calculation of obtaining one. If you don't have one, you get the best one you can and load as much talent around them as you can. You simply hope that elite/great/good/above average talent at multiple positions will help cover those short comings.The problem you run into with this latter approach is that it gets expensive to keep that model going, especially given the going rates for the other high skill positions (WRs, CBs, Pass Rushers, and FA OL men). You also tend to reach for players to fill holes in the draft IMO with this model and miss out on BPA.

It is cheaper to pay one HOF QB and sustain the overall talent level at those other positions with cheaper and more frequently turned over players. You can almost always draft BPA and a HOF QB will make average to good WRs and an average OL to perform at a level much higher than their talent dictates...

Have the Chargers and 49ers gone on the record saying "he's off our list"? 'Cuz otherwise why are we his only hope of HC?

Because it helps the bash Bills easy story

Show Whaley and the Pegulas each game from the 2016 season then ask them why they want to blow up the offense.

Waiting how getting rid of a sub par QB is blowing up an offense

Obviously you want a HOF QB - everyone does. You should always, always, be on the lookout for any potential ones and do the risk v reward calculation of obtaining one. If you don't have one, you get the best one you can and load as much talent around them as you can. You simply hope that elite/great/good/above average talent at multiple positions will help cover those short comings.The problem you run into with this latter approach is that it gets expensive to keep that model going, especially given the going rates for the other high skill positions (WRs, CBs, Pass Rushers, and FA OL men). You also tend to reach for players to fill holes in the draft IMO with this model and miss out on BPA.

It is cheaper to pay one HOF QB and sustain the overall talent level at those other positions with cheaper and more frequently turned over players. You can almost always draft BPA and a HOF QB will make average to good WRs and an average OL to perform at a level much higher than their talent dictates...

We are never on the look out for potential QB's. It's why we suck.

Don't we rate 31st by choice though? The O strategy and the players they got was to be a top running team, which they were.

I willing to cut TT a bit more slack, in 2017. I thin our OLine in pass protection is not as good as we think. But mostly, the WR's were a joke. Some of those guys lined up on Sunday, I was like "who are they?". SW is the only quality one, when he is on the field and when he is healthy

And yet as a joke as you say were running wide open a ton

It's been a weakness of Tyrod but he's improved and I think he could get better. Just took the team for a 90 yard TD to give them the lead against Miami with just over a minute left in regulation. ST and D blew it but that's not TT fault.

Scoring in the first 58 minutes is a lot more important. Ask Rob Johnson. People forget that guy lead them on many late game rallies including dramatic last second wins in AT KC and Tampa.......and losses courtesy of ST in Tennessee and SD. He just couldn't get interested unless the game was on the line.

TT is a bit too even keeled and methodical for my liking but I love the offense he runs. When he makes Khalil Mack look like Eddie Robinson on his way to an untouched 16 yard TD run that makes me just as happy as a pinpoint pass for a TD. For some of you, it does not.

But the Broncos just won a SB with an awful Peyton Manning leading their team so the ABSOLUTES that people throw around about what you must get from your QB are pretty laughable. :lol:

God save Sean if he doesn't at least get McCoy to be his OC.......could be McDermott to McDoormat in a hurry.

And had the ball in his hands twice in OT and failed.

Love how improving means watch the last game

and as an outside hire coming in, you would think those lines are blurry until someone clarified. which is a fair commentary. we watch it as close as any outsider and have no idea.

speaking of blurred lines-

In Atlanta there has been a calling for Dimitroff's head for years. All along Arthur Blank kept adding more people to the Front Office while firing a HC. The Falcons told fans and media that Quinn was going to work with Dimitroff in final say of roster, but ultimately Quinn picked his final roster. The media has made a very big deal of the Whaley press conference this year. Blank got a relative pass for his very strange press conference after the Mike Smith firing. Last year there was not really an end of the year presser when the Falcons imploded down the second half of the season and missed the playoffs.

My Point is this- What happens inside the building with those relationships is much more important than how we or the media see's it. Also now that the Falcons are winning everything is ok. Same pieces are here, just were given a year to grow together. Ryan looks like the MVP and Shannahan looks like the greatest OC.

Let's hope McDermott is interviewing the Bills just as much as they are interviewing him. This coupled with him being offered and accepting the job will go a long way to getting the Bills back into the playoffs.

My point was, we have someone who is roughly middle of the pack (use whatever metrics), in Tyrod. Yes he very much could improve in the 2 minute drill, and hey maybe that can happen with a new OC, who knows. But I feel to improve from Tyrod it's a lot tougher, than it is to improve our defense, which most people seem to see as underperforming for their talent level. Improving either the QB position, or the defense, gets us into the playoffs this last season. Unless there's a clear improvement available, getting rid of Tyrod to push some draft pick or Cardale is extremely risky.

Edited by Dorkington

He failed?

A reverse to Reggie bush and a missed 46 yard field goal was the failure. Nice try though.

46 yard FG doesnt end the game does it. Nope

Ooo so a well respected coach takes the ball out of his franchise QB's hand when game on line. Yes screams HOF to me

My eyeball test put the Bills around 25th to 27th defense in the NFL..........and I believe that's about where DVOA put them.

They weren't in the middle, which is where 19th would rank them.

As I said, if I added a strength of schedule component, I'm sure they'd drop somewhere into the 20's. I simply tracked the hard numbers for each team as part of an ongoing effort to see if there's any correlation between specific metrics and winning percentage long-term.

It's a joke that people still lean on the Aaron Williams loss as a crutch. They missed him but not enough to prevent them from being a bad defense.

Don't let my mentioning him fool you; this is exactly where I am on Aaron Williams

My point was, we have someone who is roughly middle of the pack (use whatever metrics), in Tyrod. Yes he very much could improve in the 2 minute drill, and hey maybe that can happen with a new OC, who knows. But I feel to improve from Tyrod it's a lot tougher, than it is to improve our defense, which most people seem to see as underperforming for their talent level. Improving either the QB position, or the defense, gets us into the playoffs this last season. Unless there's a clear improvement available, getting rid of Tyrod to push some draft pick or Cardale is extremely risky.

Its not. I am telling you any decent rookie prospect could have played to the level of Tyrod did (maybe more picks) in this offense the way it was designed and still have upside.

100%.

If Bree's or Rivers is truly an option then by all means go for it.

But the defense was atrocious and the offense was tops in scoring. What the !@#$ am I missing?

Fix the defense. Leave the offense alone. Why is this so complicated?

Like Cardale Jones?😂

I said Decent Rookie not a 2 year project

100%.

But the defense was atrocious and the offense was tops in scoring. What the !@#$ am I missing?

Like Cardale Jones?😂

The fact that the defense was AVG in scoring defense and not the tire fire you make it out to be

100%.

Like Cardale Jones?

Again, looks like all the NNN stopped watching games last season and just looks at stat lines now. Our offense scored often against bad teams and then fell apart at almost every opportunity when games were actually on the line. This is pretty much completely on the QB. Keeping TT does us no great favors, we would still be returning the same O-line and RBs