Chargers 5th team to request interview with Anthony Lynn

YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Josina Anderson, their meeting has continued today. Certainly sounds like Lynn is headed to the west coast.

Very interesting and a good sign for Anthony Lynn if the meeting continued to today.

Edited by Peter

First question from Spanos: "Can we pay you in gum?"

Spanos might throw in some coupons and free team apparel!

that is just piss poor. you should go far away and think about your words.

i am not being my usual humorous self either.Just because Lynn does not have the titles in his resume, certainly does not disqualify him this group of elites. Many HC have to be vetted over and over before they break the line, and as we know alot of those are sent bank down to try again.

No reason the think Lynn cannot acclimate.

But the NFL make it harder and harder for anyone to succeed at that particular skillset.

Win Now, where my money Btch league.

I like Anthony Lynn

I don' like Whaley and the structure in flux.

Wishing him well, but hoping we can keep him at least as OC. it's a stretch, i know.

Agreed except I like Whaley. Edited by Uffalo Ills

The Rooney Rule turns guys like Lynn into tokens. It's really a shame to commoditize these guys.

If the Rooney rule was the only reason why Lynn was getting interviews, every organization could just as easily interview any number of other minority coaches from CFB to the guy selling peanuts at the stadium. Lynn is also benefiting from his top 10 offense and number 1 rushing offense (in back to back years).

The Rooney Rule turns guys like Lynn into tokens. It's really a shame to commoditize these guys.

Lynn's interviews have nothing to do with the Rooney Rule at this point. For example, the 49ers brought him in last year, decided on Chip Kelly, but brought him back in this year. If he was just a dud Rooney Rule interview, there's a hundred other not white coaches they could have tried this year.

If the Rooney rule was the only reason why Lynn was getting interviews, every organization could just as easily interview any number of other minority coaches from CFB to the guy selling peanuts at the stadium. Lynn is also benefiting from his top 10 offense and number 1 rushing offense (in back to back years).

Lynn's interviews have nothing to do with the Rooney Rule at this point. For example, the 49ers brought him in last year, decided on Chip Kelly, but brought him back in this year. If he was just a dud Rooney Rule interview, there's a hundred other not white coaches they could have tried this year.

The two of you don't really believe this, do you? Why on Earth would any NFL team comply with the Rooney rule by interviewing nobodies fro college or....where else, exactly?

I think the teams are e bit smarter than you guys. Even the most cynical owners/GMs are going to pick credible Rooney candidates, like Lynn, so that there is no question of their actual motives (whatever they may be).

Lynn may get a job as HC, but he is the best Rooney candidate for teams looking for someone else than Lynn out there. I don't see how that's not more obvious.

Someone should let the Chargers know that Lynn is only getting interviewed because of the Rooney Rule.

i know especially since they are interviewing Teryl Austin today. Don't they know they already complied and can just hire Mike Smith already? Edited by YoloinOhio