The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I haven't read this piece by Rex yet, but sharing it here because it's been shared with me so much the past few hours... 

https://quodverum.com/2019/03/75/endgame-potus-trump-s-vindication-nears.html

I think this is about the Trump as an FBI informant theory - which has been gaining traction. I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago, I have not heard this from anyone that I talk with personally - but it would fill in a lot of blanks. I haven't seen enough evidence to elevate it from possible to probable, personally, though that doesn't mean it's not out there. 

Cute, but hollow on facts and relies on same circumstancial evidence that his critics use. 

Trump was a big real restate developer in NYC in the '80s. Ergo he must have been working with the FBI to take down the mob.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GG said:

Cute, but hollow on facts and relies on same circumstancial evidence that his critics use. 

Trump was a big real restate developer in NYC in the '80s. Ergo he must have been working with the FBI to take down the mob.  

This is the proper response.

The skepticism should hinge on whether or not US Military Intelligence recruited (and thereby vetted) President Trump.

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What law have they violated?  The article doesn't say.

The closest thing I read is that they may have violated the Nov. 2011 Consent Decree not to sell user data without express permission.  My guess is the violation of the decree would be a criminal offense.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

What law have they violated?  The article doesn't say.

To go along with GG's statement above, I originally heard (and posted a WSJ article up thread) FB itself wasn't under investigation but the companies they sold data too were. Then ABC's headline last night (by the time I saw it) put the focus on the company itself. 

Still trying to figure it out myself.

1 hour ago, GG said:

The closest thing I read is that they may have violated the Nov. 2011 Consent Decree not to sell user data without express permission.  My guess is the violation of the decree would be a criminal offense.

That would be interesting...even slightly scary, since that would mean that the FTC created a criminal statute by decree.

And after an admittedly brief googling, it doesn't look like that would be the case.  A violation of an FTC decree is a civil violation, according to the FTC's web site.

so the people who totally whiffed on the first Brexit want a second vote because they know it will go their way?

Not too many recent major elections have been going the way that this class of people insist they do....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The subtlety of this move is to force discovery more than to get monetary damages.   Also important will be if Twitter changed any internal policies one minute after the lawsuit was filed.

• Like (+1) 4