MMQB: Peter King on the Bills' HC Search

Old news. And not a strong take.

Peter King is a big fat Patriots homer. Would you expect him to say something nice about Buffalo, even if it does ring with a grain of truth?

That vengeful Peter King is just lashing out because he isn't getting access to the Bills front office.

John Clayton of ESPn said the same crap last time the Bills were looking for a coach and we landed Rex. Clayton was adamant that Buffalo was a job that Rex would not take.

Maybe this stuff is true and it's also possible that media are lazy and just writing stuff they find on the Buffalo News.

The funny thing is that the "reaction" King talks about was from the media.

Another messenger shot by the TBD vanguard.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are both missing the bigger point, --- the issue isn't that they are laughing the issue is WHY they are laughing --- this team and this franchise IS dysfunctional, IS inept and IS amateurish -- in other words, they are right to laugh

Don't conflate this laughter with ill-informed laughter as it relates to "Buffalo weather jokes" and such, this is not the same

You are seeing and reading well-informed opinions that are not taking cheap shots or parroting back lines from local media, these are respected journalists

Or throw all the other opinions out the window and ask yourself from as objective a point of view as you can muster whether you believe this franchise is well run. Whether the Bills have the very best personnel across key positions from president to the front office that will lead this team to success long term over an extended period of time. An organization that can compete with the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, Giants etc.

I don't think we have the right people, in fact, I know we don't, the last 17 years has proven without a doubt that we don't.

My son showed me a graphic of the division winners by division over the past 20 years --- there were only 3 teams not pictured --- Browns, Bills and Jags --- not great company to keep

agreed 1000% with the above and all preceding posts by TX. You don't have to live outside Bflo. to see the utter ineptitude at all levels, and to blame it all on "the local media" is more Kool-Aid being consumed than at the Jonestown Massacre

There is a big difference between running a professional organization and failing on the field vs. running a shitshow and being the laughing stock of the NFL

The rest of the country is LAUGHING at Buffalo, even worse, pitying Buffalo

Stop defending the incompetence

Sounds like pretty subjective criteria. On the scoreboard the Bills are a mediocre team, not a terrible team. Who cares what anyone thinks. I care about winning.

A lot of you guys refused to believe me when I predicted this.

Who knows - maybe we will get lucky. Maybe we will end up somehow hiring someone about whom we can all get excited and rally around . . . . .

Because Peter King said it? And how many available coaches are out there to get excited about?

Sounds like pretty subjective criteria. On the scoreboard the Bills are a mediocre team, not a terrible team. Who cares what anyone thinks. I care about winning.

Let's be honest. People are always looking down on Buffalo. This includes the national media. Most have no idea what's going on there and don't seem to bother doing any research before saying the same old thing that's said every year. The Bills haven't been relevant for far too long. Until they start winning that will not change.

agreed 1000% with the above and all preceding posts by TX. You don't have to live outside Bflo. to see the utter ineptitude at all levels, and to blame it all on "the local media" is more Kool-Aid being consumed than at the Jonestown Massacre

"utter ineptitude at all levels."

Hmm... the NFL is a highly competitive league. Only the very best players, coaches, and personnel evaluators in the college ranks and CFL make it to the NFL.

The Bills have been .500 over the past three years. That means they are exactly average. Not good. Not bad. But in the very middle of an elite pack.

I'm not sure how that can be described as "utter ineptitude."

My problem is the average-ness. I want to see Buffalo wining playoff games and being average doesn't get you there. Seems like Terry & Kim feel the same way because they're looking to upgrade the guy best in a position to make that happen.

For those of you that constantly label anyone that may have a positive thing to say about the Bills, players and or organization with the kool - aid drinker, delusional, etc. etc. etc: !#%!! the all of you, kiss my @$$, and @#$% my #$@%!

Let's be honest. People are always looking down on Buffalo. This includes the national media. Most have no idea what's going on there and don't seem to bother doing any research before saying the same old thing that's said every year. The Bills haven't been relevant for far too long. Until they start winning that will not change.

I am all for identifying problems and solving them. Reading national media that just copy and paste points from our inept local media does not impress me.

The Bills certainly are in flux and could go in various ways. I am waiting to see what their plan is for QB and head coach. If they hire Frank Reich then I'm grabbing my pitchfork and joining in. Till then I await their new coach announcement.

I am all for identifying problems and solving them. Reading national media that just copy and paste points from our inept local media does not impress me.

The Bills certainly are in flux and could go in various ways. I am waiting to see what their plan is for QB and head coach. If they hire Frank Reich then I'm grabbing my pitchfork and joining in. Till then I await their new coach announcement.

I'm waiting as well. Numerous options out there but I feel that for a lot of fans right now there is no option that will appease them. After 17 years of an average at best team ppl seem to forget we have owners that have only been here for two years of that and the current GM for four. Edited by DallasMac

For those of you that constantly label anyone that may have a positive thing to say about the Bills, players and or organization with the kool - aid drinker, delusional, etc. etc. etc: !#%!! the all of you, kiss my @$$, and @#$% my #$@%!

I have no problem with taking the organization to task when they deserve it. I've done it myself. But, it cuts both ways, you should give credit when it is due.

This is entertainment and I assume many others come on here for info and a little lively debate. Sometimes we're right and sometimes we're wrong.

What I can't understand is the same crew that comes on day after day, month after month, and are beyond negative about everything Buffalo Bills.

News flash: It's making you miserable to be a supposed Bills fan. You should find something you enjoy to do.

@SI_PeterKing

Peter King Retweeted The MMQB

My mailbag is up. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/03/nfl-head-coach-rumors-candidates-black-monday-mailbag

Buffalo is going to be a tough sell. Around the league, the performance of GM Doug Whaley at his Monday press conference was not well-received, particularly the part about how he was informed by ownership that Rex Ryan was being whacked and he (Whaley) had no say in it. The reaction was, if I may translate, Who wants to work for that guy? That plus the fact that no one really knows a thing about the Howard Hughes-like Pegulas, and theres no sure quarterback of the future, and it sometimes seems like the land of mercenaries. Just know that Buffalos not going to have an easy time find a coach it loves. If I were Whaley and Pegula, Id target Tom Coughlin, and tell him hed better have a very logical successor on his staff.

So if Im to believe all this Peter King blather no decent coach will come here because all vacant NFL head coaching jobs usually come with a stacked roster gunning for its third consecutive title with a future hall of fame 5 time pro bowl 2 time super bowl mvp QB who just turned 27

nobody is blaming the local media for a 7-9 record. People are complaining that their reporting is lazy, bias and often times it seems personal

nobody is blaming the local media for a 7-9 record. People are complaining that their reporting is lazy, bias and often times it seems personal

Absolutely, total group think. Sit around and convince each other of the same thing and toe the party line.

This guy seems to be a little different, he gets it.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/4/14165622/nfl-head-coach-openings-bills-where-does-buffalo-rank