Tank for Sam Darnold SC QB , 2nd coming of Brady

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, kind of my point on Darnold...lets see what he does next year when the expectations and pressure are on.

He seems to have a unflappable mentality according to talking heads and nothing bothers him so not worried about that. What can affect his performance is a bad line & Weapons and defenses figuring him out.

But he does need another yr and if it is like this one then I pray (literally) that we can get him.

Also would like to have seen them against Alabama instead of Washington whom they beat.

He seems to have a unflappable mentality according to talking heads and nothing bothers him so not worried about that. What can affect his performance is a bad line & Weapons and defenses figuring him out.

But he does need another yr and if it is like this one then I pray (literally) that we can get him.

Also would like to have seen them against Alabama instead of Washington whom they beat.

Our best shot at him though is him probably losing some of his luster, because if he keeps ascending like this then when ever he does come out he would likely be the #1 pick and I just can't see this team being so bad it gets the #1 pick. So that leaves us needing his stock to fall like Jake Locker, Brian Brohm, Matt Leinart type situation where staying one more year in college hurt their draft slot (although those are not inspiring examples if he does lol) or we needing to trade a bounty to get the number 1 pick when he comes out which would also require the team with the #1 pick to not need a QB and take him themselves.

So I would say odds are pretty low that we could ever get him unless his play fell off, then do we really want him if that happens lol?

Our best shot at him though is him probably losing some of his luster, because if he keeps ascending like this then when ever he does come out he would likely be the #1 pick and I just can't see this team being so bad it gets the #1 pick. So that leaves us needing his stock to fall like Jake Locker, Brian Brohm, Matt Leinart type situation where staying one more year in college hurt their draft slot (although those are not inspiring examples if he does lol) or we needing to trade a bounty to get the number 1 pick when he comes out which would also require the team with the #1 pick to not need a QB and take him themselves.

So I would say odds are pretty low that we could ever get him unless his play fell off, then do we really want him if that happens lol?

The way this yr is going we could get the top spot.

• 1 month later...

Has this thread been made yet? If so, I am sorry. I have historically been against tanking a season to get the #1 pick, but now I really like the idea. I'm tired of hoping we found the diamond in the rough on QBs out of the top 5 picks. Often times the QBs taken in the top 5 bust anyways. It is SO dang hard to find a QB that will be a guaranteed quality NFL QB. The last sure thing at QB was Luck, and I don't think you can find a single Colts fan upset that their team purposefully tanked the season to draft him.

We need to do the same thing to draft Darnold. He is the most sure fire star at the QB position since Luck. I say get rid of Tyrod, draft Kelly late in this draft and have him start. If he plays like an All Pro, then we are set! but if he stinks up the joint, we will be sitting pretty to get the best QB prospect since Luck... in fact, he might be better than Luck!

I know it will sting for a year to have unwatchable football, but again, do you think there is 1 Colts fan still upset over their Curtis Painter season now? Suck for Darnold and be guaranteed to have the next great generational QB!!! Go Bills!

PS: think of the children... my 18 year old nephew had no idea that Buffalo was even allowed to participate in the post season. Let's change that and be the Pats of the 2020s!

I am on board the tank for sam. No way tyrod will ever get the bills to the superbowl.

give the coaching staff a solid three-four years and provide them an opportunity to draft a top QB to develop.

its time to take the rank of tank commander whaley.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

It has come up....somewhere. Whatever. I'd be for it if we could pull it off, but I don't think we can be bad enough, so I say play it straight up.

Edited by Augie

With Matt Ryan, Brady 2x, Brees, Cam, Carr, Luck, Jameis, Rivers, and Denver D on schedule it will already look like a tank.

In my honest opinion, I think the Bills will fair well this year against the NFC South. Granted if the D gets turned back around. I believe the Falcons may take a little step back this year without Kyle calling the offense. Brees can hang, but their defense is still Swiss cheese. Tampa is one of those teams that's going in the right direction and I think we're evenly matched. As for Carolina, it seems no matter how good or bad of a team they are, the Bills find a way to one up them.

Of course we could get swept and go 0-4. That's entirely possible too, but I'm optimistic.

Edited by OhioBills

In my honest opinion, I think the Bills will fair well this year against the NFC South. Granted if the D gets turned back around. I believe the Falcons may take a little step back this year without Kyle calling the offense. Brees can hang, but their defense is still Swiss cheese. Tampa is one of those teams that's going in the right direction and I think we're evenly matched. As for Carolina, it seems no matter how good or bad of a team they are, the Bills find a way to one up them.

Of course we could get swept and go 0-4. That's entirely possible too, but I'm optimistic.

the bills got swept by the jets and fish last year. they both have terrible qbs

Let's sign Gibran Hamden again and make him a starter for a year! Nostalgia and we get Darnold! Win win. Even if he hasn't touched a football in 5 years, sign him. In fact, that actually would help our cause. I hope he lost any feel for the game he might have had when we start him

the bills got swept by the jets and fish last year. they both have terrible qbs

Very true sir. Although I blame that more on the incredibly incompetent duo of Rex and Rob. The defense seemed so lost out on the field. It was almost un-watchable. I feel like we have a chance at least to split both from the jests and fish this upcoming season. I honestly don't know if I could of stomached another season of Rex and Rob. ::Barf:: Edited by OhioBills