If we beat the dolphins/jets would we have made playoffs?

The way it played out (Dolphins losing to Pats) illustrated why it was important for the Dolphins to win the game against us to control their own destiny.

If not for all the help they got from other teams, at tie would not have gotten them in the playoffs.

Hate to be the wet rag but who cares.

We have to have the mindset that we lost both of those games, as well as 7 others. We only won one divisional game despite scoring 24 or more points in 11 games.

I only care about how we maintain this offense and get our defense back to competitive level.

As I recall, even if the Bills won out, they still needed the Browns to beat the Steelers yesterday, as well...Browns couldn't quite pull it off.

Thats crazy because they actually went into over time and scored a FG 1st. who woulda thought? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hate to be the wet rag but who cares.

We have to have the mindset that we lost both of those games, as well as 7 others. We only won one divisional game despite scoring 24 or more points in 11 games.

I only care about how we maintain this offense and get our defense back to competitive level.

this

Maintain the offense? It needs to be improved. Look at how many three and outs we had this year and the fact that it could not win games if the team was behind going into the 4th Q. Face it, while the running statistics are cute, a real passing game is what wins in the NFL these days. The Bills hardly have a balanced attack. This is why they hardly showed against teams with a better record.

As I recall, even if the Bills won out, they still needed the Browns to beat the Steelers yesterday, as well...Browns couldn't quite pull it off.

Not that game. OAK over DEN and HOU over TEN were the games. Neither went our way.

Maintain the offense? It needs to be improved. Look at how many three and outs we had this year and the fact that it could not win games if the team was behind going into the 4th Q. Face it, while the running statistics are cute, a real passing game is what wins in the NFL these days. The Bills hardly have a balanced attack. This is why they hardly showed against teams with a better record.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2016/

Bills were 25th in 3-and-out percentage, but look who's worse. Three playoff teams including the invincible Patriots. Maybe that stat doesn't mean that much?

SMH. I'm not talking about rushing stats. I'm talking about scoring, aka points on the board. The "things" that if you have more of them than you opponent you win. We got a lot of them this year.

If we can replicate that scoring success AND cut down the amount our opponents get by 20% we easily make the playoffs.

Look at the number of teams with winning records that we scored 24+ points on. Are you deliberately being obtuse about this or is your last name Ryan?

Not that game. OAK over DEN and HOU over TEN were the games. Neither went our way.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2016/

Bills were 25th in 3-and-out percentage, but look who's worse. Three playoff teams including the invincible Patriots. Maybe that stat doesn't mean that much?

Three and outs put a lot of stress on the defense. It is not something to be proud of. Maybe if we had Tom Brady, I would be less concerned.