Sully: Doug Whaley's team a no-show in finale

Rico

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha, okay Skippy. Yesterday was Lynn's job audition. That's why they changed coaches Tuesday and started friggin' EJ. :lol:

they benched taylor for "business decisions". this does not excuse the otherwise extremely poor effort by most of the rest of the team.

if they wanted improved draft position they should have lost every game after the raiders collapse.

The Bills did not deliberately lose yesterday. I've got news for ya: going into that game, Whaley still believed in Manuel.

And did Whaley's credibility take a hit yesterday as a talent evaluator for that belief?

The Bills did not deliberately lose yesterday. I've got news for ya: going into that game, Whaley still believed in Manuel.

shows you how good whaley is. he was a third string QB away from his roster going winless in the division.

Dave, could this really be possible? Seriously? There are probably 1,000 posters on this board who knew EJ was awful YEARS ago. If you are correct, that is a scary scenario. Wouldn't you say? Call me crazy, but I am thinking that posters on a message board are not supposed to know more than general managers.

What a mess. :(

The NFL is such a strange league when it comes to assessing GM's and even HC's performance. There is so little accountability. Crappy GMs hold on to their jobs despite missing on the draft over and over and failing to fill the talent holes. Donahoe was the ultimate example of a GM who was all about hype and did a terrible job here. Nix was better but hardly a good GM overall. Whaley has been a huge disappointment. His picks from the draft have not been successful and whatever scouts he has relied on have failed to identify any diamonds in the rough. How these guys keep their jobs despite results is beyond me. Clean house please, Whaley had his chance and failed.

I don't know how the Bills can be fixed, because I've never worked for an NFL team before (successful or otherwise).

I do work for a company that has had some management problems, and being a middle manager myself, I know how difficult it can be to achieve organizational success without everyone working towards a common goal.

I do not claim to understand the inner workings of the Bills, but I read a rumor (?) somewhere that Pegula soured on Rex because he was starting to ingratiate himself to the good-ol-boys club of owners, and, essentially, wants to "fit in".

I would imagine the first thing these other owners want from Pegs is a new stadium, to increase their revenue sharing.

We'll get that before we get a winner.

But once the Bills are putting more $ into the kitty in the middle, I imagine the other owners will want sellouts and playoff games for the Bills--look for some outside "consultation" to arrive at that point.

4-5 more years of losing, I fear.

they benched taylor for "business decisions". this does not excuse the otherwise extremely poor effort by most of the rest of the team.

if they wanted improved draft position they should have lost every game after the raiders collapse.

They almost did

What do you call this stretch? :lol:

Steelers = L

Browns = W

Dolphins = L

Jets = L

Sorry to burst your little bubble of anger. The Bills improved from 15 to 10 losing one MEANINGLESS game. And Taylor's injury gave Whaley perfect cover for tanking. A plausible excuse to play scrubs.

What do you call this stretch? :lol:

Steelers = L

Browns = W

Dolphins = L

Jets = L

Sorry to burst your little bubble of anger. The Bills improved from 15 to 10 losing one MEANINGLESS game. And Taylor's injury gave Whaley perfect cover for tanking. A plausible excuse to play scrubs.

i don't disagree that the Bill's position is not improved, I am actually happy with it. I just do not believe that yesterday's starting QB or lack of quality of play had anything to do with moving up on the draft board. if so, they should have lost the cleveland game too.

point is that yesterday's game had zero to do with improving draft position.

Oh really? Why? Because you don't want to believe it?

i don't disagree that the Bill's position is not improved, I am actually happy with it. I just do not believe that yesterday's starting QB or lack of quality of play had anything to do with moving up on the draft board. if so, they should have lost the cleveland game too.

I don't believe they tried to go 1-3 in December. But once they were eliminated, and a loss to the Jets moved you up so much, Whaley really would be stupid to try and win that game.

Stop and think about it. They changed coaches Tuesday, sat their starting QB, pulled their starters as they game went on and made no attempt to play catch up as they fell behind. They wanted to lose.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Oh really? Why? Because you don't want to believe it?

No, i would be OK with that idea. Based on the evidence and what I witnessed I just don't see it that way. They played horribly. Did Mike Gillislee not take possession of the kick-off because he was thinking "move up draft position"?

No, i would be OK with that idea. Based on the evidence and what I witnessed I just don't see it that way. They played horribly. Did Mike Gillislee not take possession of the kick-off because he was thinking "move up draft position"?

No, that was just stupidity. But the Bills were well behind by that point of the game.

They played horribly because they turned the team upside down 5 days before the game.

To all the people that believe yesterdays game was a deliberate attemt to imrove draft position, i have to ask.

How does something like that go down? Does Whaley go into a team meeting before the game and say "take it easy on sunday guys, we dont want to win this one?" Because that seems CRAZY! What pro sports team would collectively orchestrate a deliberate loss for draft position?

Or is it ALL because of EJ? Tyrods intangibles would have turned that game around? Inspired the D to play harder? Would have scored 24-30 points based on his scrambling ability?

Or is it that our team just isnt that good?