Tyrod Haters

DC Grid

Just a brutal attempt at humor and/or condescension. I bet you drink Bud Light.

The bud light blast? OMG!!! Anything but the bud light blast!!! MOMMY! Please make him stop!#$!!!.

Now this is the part where you threaten to report me to the moderator.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you are right, it might be time for me to take my ball and go home. I really like well thought out debates but surface level talk doesn't do much for me. If someone looks to passing yards and ignore scoring when talking about the offense I have little to nothing to say.

With that being said y'all have a happy New Year. Let's enjoy the offseason and OBJECTIVELY view what needs to happen. It will make for much better discussion.

Great post. Thanks, Kirby.

And don't get me wrong I understand that. I am just not there myself. I'd rather not tie myself for 2 to 3 years to a guy I don't believe is more than a bridge.

If the Bills and Tyrod can come to some sort renegotiation that reduces the penalty for moving on after 2017 and / or after 2018 I am not even against giving him a couple of extra mil in 2017 for one more crack at it hopefully with an improved D.

If they can't then I am willing to risk later years Fitz style QB play for a season and if we bottom out hey we bottom out. This is an older team now I think our window might have closed anyway... so if I end up with growing pains from a young QB in 2017 and 2018 I am willing to suffer that.

Even if it is a bridge deal having TT for 2 or 3 more years isn't an unreasonable approach to take especially when there aren't many other options.

Tyrod and his agent aren't fools. Why should they re-do their deal if the team is without good options? Does TT have good options if the organization decides to cut him loose? I'm not sure but as of now I am very sure that Whaley doesn't have a better option. The deal with his options is not a bad deal for either party.

The person who is in a precarious position is Whaley. He is not going to go for a bottoming out strategy in order to be better in the long term. His mind-set is short term, and everyone knows it.

As many others have stated use this offseason and draft to bolster this flaccid defense and hopefully with a similar caliber offense from a scoring standpoint this team will be in the playoff mix.

No team could run the ball with EJ under center.

Go on game pass and watch the violence that the Niners OL brought in Roman's scheme.

It's an entirely different pace but less effective because they didn't have that field stretching passer.

That offense......Colin Kaepernick :rolleyes: .......was a few yards from taking a SB to overtime and one play from returning the following season.

Tyrod is a HUGE part of this running game.

The fear of Tyrod breaking contain keeps DL disciplined and allows the Bills to do all the slow developing pin and pull work on the OL without a lot of backfield disruption.

We saw what happens without Tyrod today......Jets attack LOS and shutdown run in backfield.......no respect for deep ball leads to normally wide open comeback routes being covered along sideline.

McCoy had a tremendous year and I'm not going to run him down when he corrected a lot of the issues I had with him in 2014.........but they can run the ball at a high level WITHOUT a $10M RB.

When healthy McCoy provides an extra oomph to the offense but he isn't the facilitator.

Not often discussed.......but Roman's offense has been run in the NFL by nothing but VERY athletic QB's.......Alex Smith.....Colin Kaepernick.......Tyrod.

In SF Roman had much better interior OL and they ran the scheme at an entirely quicker pace.

By comparision Richie Incognito is going in slow motion when he pulls.

And there was a run where Kaepernick was just unstoppable.

But because he couldn't consistently make ANY throws he got schemed out.

Tyrod's ability to hit the deep ball and having Sammy to catch it allows the Bills to run this scheme without as good of an OL but with BETTER results.

Great post! :thumbsup: And true.

This offense becomes and instant dumpster fire without Tyrod.

I can't imagine a rookie coming in and performing well in this offense at all. He will get killed.

Tyrod forces defenses to respect his escape ability and his big play threat with his legs. That threat makes this offense able to perform much better.

If Tyrod has his top receivers healthy all year and the offensive coordinator had the guts to push the gas pedal harder, this offense would have been truly elite and put up a lot more points than it already did. In my opinion.

Even if it is a bridge deal having TT for 2 or 3 more years isn't an unreasonable approach to take especially when there aren't many other options.

Tyrod and his agent aren't fools. Why should they re-do their deal if the team is without good options? Does TT have good options if the organization decides to cut him loose? I'm not sure but as of now I am very sure that Whaley doesn't have a better option. The deal with his options is not a bad deal for either party.

The person who is in a precarious position is Whaley. He is not going to go for a bottoming out strategy in order to be better in the long term. His mind-set is short term, and everyone knows it.

As many others have stated use this offseason and draft to bolster this flaccid defense and hopefully with a similar caliber offense from a scoring standpoint this team will be in the playoff mix.

I agree that there is little incentive for Tyrod to renegotiate.

As for whether Whaley is on the hot seat or not... I don't care. If he is releasing Tyrod without a better plan and really is on the hot seat and has to win next year then he will lose his job. So what? I don't care about Whaley's job security.

Edited by GunnerBill

He's the subject of the picture. Another fun fact-- the photographer with the bald spot is actually Leroi.

Another shot of FireChan:ed-wang-stairs-portrait.jpg

The short one or the one in the plaid shirt?

Edit: the photographer.

Edited by snafu

Tyrod is a HUGE part of this running game.

The fear of Tyrod breaking contain keeps DL disciplined and allows the Bills to do all the slow developing pin and pull work on the OL without a lot of backfield disruption.

We saw what happens without Tyrod today......Jets attack LOS and shutdown run in backfield.......no respect for deep ball leads to normally wide open comeback routes being covered along sideline.

McCoy had a tremendous year and I'm not going to run him down when he corrected a lot of the issues I had with him in 2014.........but they can run the ball at a high level WITHOUT a $10M RB.

When healthy McCoy provides an extra oomph to the offense but he isn't the facilitator.

Not often discussed.......but Roman's offense has been run in the NFL by nothing but VERY athletic QB's.......Alex Smith.....Colin Kaepernick.......Tyrod.

In SF Roman had much better interior OL and they ran the scheme at an entirely quicker pace.

By comparision Richie Incognito is going in slow motion when he pulls.

And there was a run where Kaepernick was just unstoppable.

But because he couldn't consistently make ANY throws he got schemed out.

Tyrod's ability to hit the deep ball and having Sammy to catch it allows the Bills to run this scheme without as good of an OL but with BETTER results.

The 4 folks you are basically spelling this out to (yes 4) are never going to accept it or get it. They probably aren't even 4 different people. For one to say with a straight face that the best read option qb in the league doesn't affect the running game... it's just not worth it explaining.

I only suggest he is not the type who reports things to moderators. I have no idea what he looks like.

Thats cool. Really dont get him accusing me of being condescending then implying that Im some sort of loser if I drink bud light. Which I dont btw. Give me a molson canadian and a shot of cuervo, chased down with a little ACDC(the band). Bottom line is we are all cheering for the same team and are all frustrated over the last 17 years. We just have different views on how to fix it.

Edited by TANK2

The 4 folks you are basically spelling this out to (yes 4) are never going to accept it or get it. They probably aren't even 4 different people. For one to say with a straight face that the best read option qb in the league doesn't affect the running game... it's just not worth it explaining.

Good post.

Are there really people who think that?