Tyrod Not Speaking to Media Today or on Locker Cleanout Day

26CornerBlitz

So quarterbacks don't have bad games?

The guy executed two game winning drives to keep the team's hopes alive against a 10-5 team before the kicker and head coach screwed it up for him. But I guess you're ignoring that.

If you give Hotrod credit for this then you also gotta give EJ credit for his comeback vs the jaguars in London. Fair is fair. Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough; we can agree to disagree. For the record, I don't think he's great, but I do think he's better than the alternatives and thst the Bills should draft a qb relatively early in the draft.

Another thing that needs to be noted is that Tyrod detractors want to accept the 2-3 ridiculous plays that he makes that no other QB makes a game, but ridicule him for not doing something 2-3 times a game that franchise QBs make.

I did give EJ credit for that but then he had a final drive to win the game and he failed. So that's not a great comparison.

You're right. Hotrod had all of overtime and failed whereas EJ had less than a minute. So that's not a great comparison.

Edited by reddogblitz

Hotrod didn't comeback with the Fish. Both had leads very late, but the D snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in both cases. So, no comeback for either (no matter who your favorite is).

EJ never took the lead. He never "left the field with a lead" or any other nonsense thrown out there to give him credit. He had 3 TO's that resulted in 3 TD's. He's trash.

Edited by FireChan

EJ never took the lead. He never "left the field with a lead" or any other nonsense thrown out there to give him credit. He had 3 TO's that resulted in 3 TD's. He's trash.

Its amazing how people who dont like TT as a QB utilize the Jaguars game as an example of something positive that EJ did. In what freaking world do we live in. Meanwhile the same people will complain that TT couldnt win the Miami game. Its all nonsense.

Glad to see you're back. No idea where we'd be without your constant negativity.

Actually we were ahead 31-27 with 5 minutes to go. Then we kicked off and the D rolled over.

You might want to review this. You memory seems a little off. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015102500/2015/REG7/bills@jaguars?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000566248&tab=recap

Its amazing how people who dont like TT as a QB utilize the Jaguars game as an example of something positive that EJ did. In what freaking world do we live in. Meanwhile the same people will complain that TT couldnt win the Miami game. Its all nonsense.

I brought it up in response to a poster giving credit to Hotrod for a comeback vs Fish. Almost comebacks don't count for EJ. They don't count for Hotrod. They don't count for Fitz.

PS I don't hate Hotrod.

Actually we were ahead 31-27 with 5 minutes to go. Then we kicked off and the D rolled over.

You might want to review this. You memory seems a little off. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015102500/2015/REG7/bills@jaguars?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000566248&tab=recap

Be prepared to be hit by a technicality. Firechan has been laying in wait to spring on somebody.

You might want to review this. You memory seems a little off. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015102500/2015/REG7/bills@jaguars?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000566248&tab=recap

We were 31-27 because we returned a pick six and kicked off right after. EJ never saw the field. He never took the lead. The defense did.

Glad to see you're back. No idea where we'd be without your constant negativity.

Another EJ disciple taking it personally. He's a good kid who stinks at football. Not a negative take, just the only possible one you can hold at this point.

Be prepared to be hit by a technicality. Firechan has been laying in wait to spring on somebody.

It's not a technicality. I think it's necessary for a QB to actually take the lead before getting credit for taking a lead.

Edited by FireChan

Tyrod has handled this type of thing with much less class than EJ ever did. Not sure that means anything, but I do think EJ is a better natural leader. Tyrod is more of a lead by example type, which is hard to do when the team is ranked 30 in passing.

Care to retract that?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/01/curtain-likely-closes-ej-manuels-career-buffalo/

Seems EJ also refused to speak to media after he did play, "EJ Manuel politely declined an interview Sunday outside the Buffalo Bills’ locker room."

That was some great leadership on and off the field by EJ.

Care to retract that?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/01/curtain-likely-closes-ej-manuels-career-buffalo/

Seems EJ also refused to speak to media after he did play, "EJ Manuel politely declined an interview Sunday outside the Buffalo Bills locker room."

That was some great leadership on and off the field by EJ.

Well, at least he was polite.

Well, at least he was polite.

So Was TT. In fact he appreciated the media, "Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor says he isn't speaking to reporters today or Monday, which is locker clean-out day. "I appreciate y'all though," Taylor says before leaving locker room."

@buffalobills

Tyrod Taylor: "I felt like I've done enough to be the starter here. That decision is on the Bills and we'll see what the future holds."

C1LG9nlWEAAx1Ev.jpg

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor didn't think Bills decision to sit him was fair. Viewed it as a lack of confidence in him going forward.

@buffalobills

Taylor: "I love the guys in the locker room. If the decision is to keep me here then I will continue to play my heart out for this team."

C1LHoD8XcAA_6Yc.jpg

So I've flip-flopped about a dozen times on this over the past couple of weeks, but now I think the only plan that really makes sense -- IF they don't plan to blow the whole thing up -- is this:

-- keep Tyrod (and perhaps negotiate a restructure based upon recognition that he still needs to develop as a passer)

-- retain Lynn as permanent HC

-- hire Bradley as DC

-- new ST coordinator

Of course this also means Whaley stays on as GM.

Such a scenario keeps the concept of "continuity" intact while still making pretty significant changes on D. Lynn said earlier this season that the offense is Roman's, not his, so I'd think we would see some big scheme changes there as well.