Bills are a joke of an organization

Jerry Jabber

Respectfully, I don't know anything about the Cubs or their front office or their owner. Honestly, I don't care. I'm a Bills fan and I'm tired of losing. We do agree on crying. Crying about the past doesn't change the future. Smart people making good decisions change the future. Unfortunately, OBD is in short supply of both, thus 17 years of nonsense.

Because we are tired of losing we don't have the stomach to give anyone time to succeed. Win now or go away. It's a bad position to be in.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again and again, Russ Brandon escapes all responsibility for the sad state of affairs at One Bills Drive.

This guy is a either a genius or the ultimate politician. How can he be so secure in his job even though his tenure with the Bills has seen nothing but failure?

Why does Pegula love this guy? Is selling tickets the only criterion?

The organization is clearly dysfunctional. Why is Russ Brandon not held responsible for any of this mess?

Agreed, drives me nuts. Until he is gone things won't improve long term. And, he isn't going anywhere soon.

What mistakes have they made? They bought Rex's BS but I don't think most people ever thought he'd whiff as bad as he did on defense.

But rather than hope for the best, they made a change. Personally, I think that's a step forward and saying that 8-8 isn't good enough. Could you imagine how much time Jauron or Gailey would have gotten if they managed 8-8?

What mistakes?! Not addressing the QB position the right way, continuing to bring in backup QB's FA's like Cassel and Taylor to try and win a QB competition. Instead of wasting an extra first round pick on a WR in a WR heavy draft, how about waiting a year to move up in the draft and move up to pick Winston or Mariota? The Bills defense was not the problem, the offense was, but instead they hired a defensive coach and put in a completely different system. The old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Bills had the 4th ranked defense and decided to hire a coach who ran a completely different style defense, that was a very stupid mistake.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/28/watch-bills-organization-dumpster-fire-espns-jim-trotter-says/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1482954816

"they have no leadership there".... "If (Lynn) is smart, he will get as far away from Buffalo as he can".

-Jim Trotter (national media)

I thought Rodak was the ESPN hack who covers us? Who is this guy, I had to look him up he's so irrelevant

Do you really think an organization like the Patriots, Steelers or Packers would leak to the media that they're going to be firing their HC with a few weeks left in the season, making the coach a lame duck coach and having the coach answer questions about his future for a few weeks?

And you accept some hack writer's unsupported claim that someone inside the Bills actually leaked to him?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I will tell you one thing, there is no way we are getting Kyle Shanahan or a high profile college coach with Whaley and Brandon hanging over them. We will probably end up with Lynn because he will be the most qualified coach willing to sign here.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I will tell you one thing, there is no way we are getting Kyle Shanahan or a high profile college coach with Whaley and Brandon hangin over them. We will probably end up with Lynn because he will be the most qualified coach willing to sign here.

Yeah NO High Profile HC wants a GM over him lol

I will tell you one thing, there is no way we are getting Kyle Shanahan or a high profile college coach with Whaley and Brandon hangin over them. We will probably end up with Lynn because he will be the most qualified coach willing to sign here.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Money talks and don't believe everything you read in social media.

Just a roof. UtOh...we don't have a dome either...doomed lol

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

So you are going to pretend I said GM instead of Whaley and Brandon so you can make your lol post? It was pretty clear what I said. The way you tried to twist it is pathetic.

So you are going to pretend I said GM instead of Whaley and Brandon so you can make your lol post? It was pretty clear what I said. The way you tried to twist it is pathetic.

Well you assumed that Whaley and Brandon were going to "hang" over any new hire. You don't know that. Rex answered to the Pegulas. He didn't answer to Whaley or Brandon. It looks like the next coach will answer to Whaley. (That horrible GM who signs pro bowlers.) As for Brandon, he's team president. He kind of has to be kept informed with stuff.

they'd be saying the same thing if Ryan was kept on another year

That's the game. It's called "Damned if you do..."

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

I have zero confidence that whoever the Bills hire as HC will be able to make it to the playoffs. How long do you give the Pegula's to finally blow everything up like they did with the Sabres and clean house (meaning Whaley & his HC get canned)?

I'm going with less than two full seasons.

Could not agree more; we are at best five years from the playoffs with lots of pain ahead!

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Money talks and don't believe everything you read in social media.

Just a roof. UtOh...we don't have a dome either...doomed lol

Yea it should be pretty easy to get the hottest coordinator right now, with a two time Super Bowl Champion father or a top college candidate who can make $5 million plus a year for 20-30 years to come to a team who:

Had a 1st time head coach quit after two seasons. that the team wanted to bring back but he thought it was too dysfunctional (Second time during the drought by the way).

Have not made the playoffs in 17 years.

Have had 6 different full time head coaches in those 17 years.

Has frequent front office leaks to the media that pins coach and front office against each other and affects the game on the field. An hour before the biggest game of the season, it leaks that Rex is going to get fired. WTF is that?

Finally, hangs their new interim coach completely out to dry to be the face of the franchise after they just fired their HC, who happens to be one of the most famous coaches in sports.

Please try to tell me with some facts why this job is going to be desirable to the top coaching candidates out there?

I will tell you one thing, there is no way we are getting Kyle Shanahan or a high profile college coach with Whaley and Brandon hanging over them. We will probably end up with Lynn because he will be the most qualified coach willing to sign here.

I agree Buffalo will be a tough sell for any high profile candidate because of our front office. I felt for Lynn today. Does anyone actually believe Lynn wouldn't want his best option at QB on the field for his first game as head coach? Coaches aren't concerned with the business aspect of the game they are only interested in winning. This is Lynns big chance to not only show our organization he is ready, but the other teams in the league looking for a head coach as well should he not get hired here.

I agree Buffalo will be a tough sell for any high profile candidate because of our front office. I felt for Lynn today. Does anyone actually believe Lynn wouldn't want his best option at QB on the field for his first game as head coach? Coaches aren't concerned with the business aspect of the game they are only interested in winning. This is Lynns big chance to not only show our organization he is ready, but the other teams in the league looking for a head coach as well should he not get hired here.

There's no doubt he'd want TT in there. But it's not his money, should TT get hurt, in a truly meaningless game for everyone but Lynn.

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

I have zero confidence that whoever the Bills hire as HC will be able to make it to the playoffs. How long do you give the Pegula's to finally blow everything up like they did with the Sabres and clean house (meaning Whaley & his HC get canned)?

I'm going with less than two full seasons.

I agree and as long as Whaley, Brandon are in charge nothing will really change.

Lynn will be the next Buffalo Bills head coach because Whaley wants complete control and have the HC report to him. When this fails I wonder what the excuse will be then?

I don't know that anything will ever change with the Buffalo Bills because Russ Brandon is the team president and managing partner and Whaley is his yes man.

Yea it should be pretty easy to get the hottest coordinator right now, with a two time Super Bowl Champion father or a top college candidate who can make $5 million plus a year for 20-30 years to come to a team who:

Had a 1st time head coach quit after two seasons. that the team wanted to bring back but he thought it was too dysfunctional (Second time during the drought by the way).

Have not made the playoffs in 17 years.

Have had 6 different full time head coaches in those 17 years.

Has frequent front office leaks to the media that pins coach and front office against each other and affects the game on the field. An hour before the biggest game of the season, it leaks that Rex is going to get fired. WTF is that?

Finally, hangs their new interim coach completely out to dry to be the face of the franchise after they just fired their HC, who happens to be one of the most famous coaches in sports.

Please try to tell me with some facts why this job is going to be desirable to the top coaching candidates out there?

Sadly your post is spot on.