Roth: By firing Ryan, Pegulas got it half right and wrong

Rico

You think any of them will look at getting benched in this meaningless game as a punishment?

Sooner or later, someone needs to hold the players accountable. Will it change the culture, immediately, no. But when its this bad, they need the biggest prick to come in and set the tone. Its much easier toning it down later, than going the other way after you have been there a while. JMO

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically people think that Whaley hasn't put together a talented enough roster?

Are we saying that another coach, a better one than Rex, couldn't get 10 or maybe 11 wins out of these players? Could Andy Reid or someone similar not get 10 wins out of this team?

Because to my eyes, I can look at the Miami(x2), and Seattle games and Rex's horrible coaching of the defense, would add 3 wins to the season.

Does Whaley need to still figure out the QB position? Of course, he's drafted 2 this far and signed many a FA. Needs to just keep plugging away.

Also the Baltimore and Jets games were there for the taking.

I have waffled on Whaley; for now I'm on board with letting him pick the coach, but I reserve the right to be mad if his choice is uninspiring :lol:

I have waffled on Whaley; for now I'm on board with letting him pick the coach, but I reserve the right to be mad if his choice is uninspiring :lol:

Yea, I'm on board letting him pick. I think he's put together a talented enough roster to get 10-11 wins. A franchise signal caller would put the Bills at 12+ wins, with this roster.

IMO, the Bills biggest problem, is its loosing culture itself. The Players get accustom to loosing and are not willing to make the sacrifices needed to win. I witnessed that in Saturday’s game. Some players were unwilling to fight for every inch of the field, weather it be on defense or offence, especially when it was needed the most. Some players are more concerned about protecting themselves, then getting a win. That’s a failure on the coaches’ part by allowing this selfishness to go unchecked. Players should be benched this week for their lack of effort and unwillingness to sacrifice for the good of the team during last week’s game. Rex was too soft and had to go. Anytime you hear the term “ A players coach” it means they are soft and will not hold players accountable for lack of effort. I honestly believe he underachieved with this team. He is not their leader; he is their friend. A recipe for failure IMO.[/size] I believe Marrone achieved more with a much less talented roster.[/size]

Good post agree here

do you think Lynn is uninspiring?

It seems to me like he is a foregone conclusion.

Honestly I thought the team was set up for a run to the playoffs in 2015 if they just had a QB who could take care of the ball and do just enough offensively. We had that and more with Tyrod and our offense. Rex !@#$ed up the defense and as a result the team went 8-8.

They desperately need to make the right head coach hire here and IMO keep Tyrod until you have a better option.

Same.

It would have obviously been as a Wildcard team but that's where finding a franchise signal caller takes them. Only way this team is ever winning this division, with Brady/Belichik in NE, is by finding "the guy".

Nope, Whaley said it's like knowing who to marry, you just know, and WE know Rex is the one.

agreed but looks like we have to wait one more time.

So a GM with on a one year contract with no tie to the owner plays good Soldier with a HC that Russ and Owners picked means yep he had a say. Again reports from the guys painting him as the root of all evil say otherwise

So basically people think that Whaley hasn't put together a talented enough roster?

Are we saying that another coach, a better one than Rex, couldn't get 10 or maybe 11 wins out of these players? Could Andy Reid or someone similar not get 10 wins out of this team?

Because to my eyes, I can look at the Miami(x2), and Seattle games and Rex's horrible coaching of the defense, would add 3 wins to the season.

Does Whaley need to still figure out the QB position? Of course, he's drafted 2 this far and signed many a FA. Needs to just keep plugging away.

Dont forget the Raider game, Jets game

the last thing Russ Brandon wants is a Bill Polian equal which would result in russ losing power.

this still smacks of Russ pulling strings to keep his power by supporting the current structure GM whaley.

my money says it's russ who is leaking info to laconjecture and carruci.

the last thing Russ Brandon wants is a Bill Polian equal which would result in russ losing power.

this still smacks of Russ pulling strings to keep his power by supporting the current structure GM whaley.

my money says it's russ who is leaking info to laconjecture and carruci.

LaCanfora has been Russ's media Shill for awhile.

Not sure about Carruci though.

Will he execute a similar mortgage as the one he did when he drafted Sammy for EJ?

We didn't mortgage our future on EJ. We spent a first round pick (which we actually collected an additional second round pick which would eventually get us Lesean). Mortgaging a future is what the rams did for Goff or the skins for RG3

I think Whaley has put together a playoff caliber roster. The issue is coaching. You really think the NE roster would be a playoff team without belichik? I think it might be or might not be. But it certainly would not be a SB contender even with Brady without Bill. Coaching is what put teams over the edge. Whaley has honestly done a very good job with talent. Every single team has holes. And every single team has a lack of depth. Whaley has not done bad, it's just the coaches beneath him (who I don't think he wanted to hire) have not done enough with the team to make it successful

Edited by VaMilBill

If the roster is a good one - a playoff caliber one - but the coach couldn't coach them into the playoffs - you fire the coach.

If the roster is poor, but the HC coached them up to roughly .500 - you fire the GM.

We're winning about half our games. If Rex sucks, Whaley doesn't. If Whaley sucks, Rex doesn't.

If Whaley is so horrible - and failed to put together a good roster - why are we firing Rex?

Agreed on all accounts.

If the roster is a good one - a playoff caliber one - but the coach couldn't coach them into the playoffs - you fire the coach.

If the roster is poor, but the HC coached them up to roughly .500 - you fire the GM.

We're winning about half our games. If Rex sucks, Whaley doesn't. If Whaley sucks, Rex doesn't.

If Whaley is so horrible - and failed to put together a good roster - why are we firing Rex?

Wow. People largely get it when it comes to this topic.

so it was definitely "bad coaching" then and the players had nothing to do with it?

Thanks, I feel better now.

Been bad coaching for the last 17 years and when said bad coach is fired NO ONE wanted him in the first place.. And Russ is back to being marketing guru who hasn't had any influence on football decisions.

do you think Lynn is uninspiring?

It seems to me like he is a foregone conclusion.

I think that my initial reaction would be uninspired, yes. I do, however, recognize that his success would largely hinge upon his choices of coordinators, so I would probably temper my disappointment until he made some hires.

I suspect that he'd probably promote Kromer or Palmer to OC and try to keep things intact, which probably means keeping Tyrod. If that's the case, I'd probably be displeased-but-not-outraged.

Shady

Incognito

Hughes

Taylor

Watkins

Clay

Darby

Miller

CK

Glenn

Aaron

Lorax

Brown

Brown

So a gm hits about 50%. Yep just like others

And to date hasnt had a pick of a coach

I was going to respond but you hit it on the head. I don't know how anyone can look at the 180 Whaley and his staff did in changing from a focus on the O to the D to give Rex the players he said he needed (and getting rid of picks they'd made because they didn't fit w/Rex), and doing it without complaint, can somehow blame him for the mess Rex made.