We're about to see a purge...

OK. Doug can be the continuity.

He's done some good deals. At least he rolls the dice once in a while. He traded picks with the Rams, ended up with EJ and Kiko for that. And now, Shady. I'll take that trade. Rams get a small WR, we get EJ and Shady.

People rip the deal for Sammy. Sammy can be elite when healthy. Let's get him a real qb and see what happens.

I don't want Lynn because of the call with Reggie Bush that cost us the game. What was he thinking?

Let's hope not. This team isn't far off. IMO we need to keep the 'continuity' on O and do what's necessary to improve it, then on D bring in someone who runs schemes similar to Shwartz (read Schwartz as HC) and see what can be done. Put back together the two halves of the team that we've seen work, with this same personnel.

Blowing it up (again) can't and won't be fruitful.

Edited by Ohiostyle

Prepare for a Sabre-like cleanse and a Browns-like season next year. Just my opinion

No, Whaley is delusional and thinks the team is built with superior talent. And a boatload of FA's.

Probably sold Pegs the fact that the playoff window is still wide open.

BTW the Pats are younger than the Bills.

I think it would be a huge mistake to make Lynn the head coach

I don't know whether or not it would be a huge mistake to make Lynn the HC. I don't know enough about him:

-does he have coaching contacts throughout the league? would he assemble his own team, or would he be keeping Rex's "NYJ West" cronies? if the former, OK, if the latter, no way.

-who would he have in mind for OC, or would he want to serve as his own de-facto OC? I have been pooh-poohed for expressing this, but I have to think that HC who try to fill roles that many successful teams split between 2 guys, are placing themselves at a disadvantage. So if he wants a figurehead OC, I say "no way".

-how broad is his experience, really? Wiki says he coached for Denver as "special teams coach and offensive assistant" from 2000-2002, but other than that, he's apparently been a running backs coach from 2003 to present. What does an "assistant HC" do? How much has he really been involved with the O as a whole beyond this season, with the D, with ST?

It's not a bad idea to have a "ground and pound" kind of guy as an OC when you don't have a QB.

I think it's a very bad idea to have a novice HC who would also want to be his own OC.

Just my thoughts.