Andy Reid coach of year?

How did philly fire this guy? Behind belichek I think he's 2nd best coach in football. Resurrects Alex smiths career and does nothing but win. I feel a little bad for Philly fans . Lost Andy Reid then Kelly comes in and they lose desean jackson, lesean McCoy, and Jeremy Maclin.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

18 years one super bowl appearance and not in New England's conference-

Hes another Chuck Knox, Marty Schottenheimer type. Beats bad teams all the time, loses the 5 or 6 toughies ends up 10-6 11-5 if the schedule smiled on him and exits when the playoffs start.

If your not making the playoff he will get you there almost guaranteed then the frustration is your really not going anywhere and guess what they are not making the super bowl this year either....season 19 1 super bowl.....not many coaches can coach that long without showing up as your conference rep 1 every 5 or 6 years

Edited by CardinalScotts

Hes another Chuck Knox, Marty Schottenheimer type. Beats bad teams all the time, loses the 5 or 6 toughies ends up 10-6 11-5 if the schedule smiled on him and exits when the playoffs start.

If your not making the playoff he will get you there almost guaranteed then the frustration is your really not going anywhere and guess what they are making the super bowl this year either....season 19 1 super bowl.....not many coaches can coach that long without showing up as your conference rep 1 every 5 or 6 years

I'd take my chances on a guy who can actually get to the playoffs and wins 50% of his playoff games.

I'd take my chances on a guy who can actually get to the playoffs and wins 50% of his playoff games.

Me too. Plus there are Super Bowl winning coaches who were crap, and just stumbled on great situations. You can't judge everything on just Super Bowl wins. Reid has never had a Manning,Brady,Montana,etc kind of guy either. He did appear in one Super Bowl, and came awfully close to winning. He has done a lot often without overly impressive rosters.

his playoff wins are the wildcard round

Me too. Plus there are Super Bowl winning coaches who were crap, and just stumbled on great situations. You can't judge everything on just Super Bowl wins. Reid has never had a Manning,Brady,Montana,etc kind of guy either. He did appear in one Super Bowl, and came awfully close to winning. He has done a lot often without overly impressive rosters.

after 19 years he's not gonna "get lucky" he is who he is....they have talked about giving up play calling he refuses

His personnel decisions in Philly is what got him fired. In KC, John Dorsey makes those decisions and all Andy has to do is coach.

it was back to back years losing in the wildcard round at home after a good regular season followed by 8-8 and then 4-12....in a round about way personnel decisions because the talent level dropped

his playoff wins are the wildcard round

after 19 years he's not gonna "get lucky" he is who he is....they have talked about giving up play calling he refuses

You're right he's not going to "get lucky" because Alex Smith is his QB. His ability to consistently win games with a guy like Smith makes me think he's a damn good coach. Give him a guy like Roethlisberger, and I don't see any reason he wouldn't win a title.

If your not making the playoff he will get you there almost guaranteed then the frustration is your really not going anywhere and guess what they are not making the super bowl this year either....season 19 1 super bowl.....not many coaches can coach that long without showing up as your conference rep 1 every 5 or 6 years

he went to the nfc championship 4 years straight. So 19 years, 4 appearances does that not equal once every 5-6 years?

In Philadelphia they ran him out. No look eagles fans.

His personnel decisions in Philly is what got him fired. In KC, John Dorsey makes those decisions and all Andy has to do is coach.

I'm sure he wanted out after losing his son there. Change old scenery helped

Reid i think is a very good coach Monday thru Saturday, but awful coach on Sunday...and for the last couple of years has had some incredible puck luck during the season.

Better than the dreck we have had in Buffalo..absolutely. Top 10 coach i don't think so.

I haven't looked hard enough, but I hope the folks that don't want Andy, are the same who want another year with Bozo the clown and his pregnant twin. Andy doesn't win enough in the playoffs. Hey guys, help me out here, I forget what the word playoffs even mean anymore. It's been so long. I'll take Andy in a heartbeat. I would even give up a 1st round pick for a coach like him. You gotta get to the playoffs first. With Rex we are still another 3-4 yrs away. He's not even close to being done with rebuilding the defense to fit his scheme. Pretty sure Andy would know what to do with a defense that has kw,md,jh, and Lawson on the front 4. Andy would make this team soooooo much better just getting off of the plane.

Edited by Dopey

Whenever I think of Andy Reid, I think of Bill Cowher. People were so critical of Cowher not being able to win the big one, yet he was the head coach for 14 years in PIT and did a damn fine job with only a single SB appearance prior to his last season. Before 2005, his last season, he had only four losing seasons, five AFC Championship appearances, and the one Super Bowl appearance, losing to Dallas in 1995. Yet his reputation was a good coach who couldn't win when it counted.

In that last 2005-06 season, of course, they did, and now he's a legend. Good thing they didn't decide he was incapable of winning the big one.

Edited by Rubes

Whenever I think of Andy Reid, I think of Bill Cowher. People were so critical of Cowher not being able to win the big one, yet he was the head coach for 14 years in PIT and did a damn fine job with only a single SB appearance prior to his last season. Before 2005, his last season, he had only four losing seasons, five AFC Championship appearances, and the one Super Bowl appearance, losing to Dallas in 1995. Yet his reputation was a good coach who couldn't win when it counted.

In that last 2005-06 season, of course, they did, and now he's a legend. Good thing they didn't decide he was incapable of winning the big one.

Great point, and this is when he got Roethlisberger. He coached for years winning games with the likes of Neil O'Donnell,Kordell Stewart,and Tommy Maddox. You can't expect Super Bowl wins with those guys. I feel the same way about Reid. Give him a future star QB at some point in his career, and he'd win a super bowl. McNabb was really good, but as someone who followed him at SU I must admit he folded in big games.