The Bills have lost their identity

This used to be a tough team. Not necessarily "Kelly tough," but tough. Nobody liked playing us. Even when we had a bad record, we weren't fun to play. There was a term called "Buffalo Bills football." It's missing.

When Gregg Williams punted on 4th and 2 from the New England 31 in 2002, the fans went nuts because it was gutless. It wasn't Buffalo Bills football. I believe that call cost him is job.

Yesterday the old Bills would have gone for it and made it on 4th down in overtime. Let's backtrack. The old Bills wouldn't have given up 200 yards 2 times to that guy. They wouldn't have folded to Miami twice, Oakland, and Seattle. They would have risen from the ground and punched back.

Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said

for I am hurt I am not slain

I'll just lie here and bleed some more

then I'll rise and fight again.

(that's from my memory. too lazy to look it up)

That's Buffalo Bills football.

Rex must go. He doesn't know how to coach the Buffalo Bills.

Well, I'll say this as a 45 year, long-suffering Dolphins fan; I have less confidence that Miami can beat Buff, regardless of where the game is played, than I do the Cheats. For two + decades, I always anticipate that our matchups will result in both our teams beating each other up.

Edited by Agua

This used to be a tough team. Not necessarily "Kelly tough," but tough. Nobody liked playing us. Even when we had a bad record, we weren't fun to play. There was a term called "Buffalo Bills football." It's missing.

When Gregg Williams punted on 4th and 2 from the New England 31 in 2002, the fans went nuts because it was gutless. It wasn't Buffalo Bills football. I believe that call cost him is job.

Yesterday the old Bills would have gone for it and made it on 4th down in overtime. Let's backtrack. The old Bills wouldn't have given up 200 yards 2 times to that guy. They wouldn't have folded to Miami twice, Oakland, and Seattle. They would have risen from the ground and punched back.

I dont recall that far back.

You talking about Cookie days?

Ahh memories....

The Bills were never that good on defense in the SuperBowl years. They feasted on a weak AFC and got pushed around in every SuperBowl.

The Bills do not embrace the cold like the Packers do. The cold is as much a disadvantage to the Bills as the away team. Not sure why but I can't remember the last great cold weather game they played. The two Bills-Raiders playoff games perhaps?

Our identity is we have not have a great QB since Kelly got knocked out against the jags. I like TT but our run of mediocre to bad QB's is almost as bad as Cleveland's and compares just as badly as Miami's effort to replace Marino.

Keep drafting a QB until you find the one

I could not agree more! Great poem/quote from Marc Levy. I could only imagine how much the old regime (Jimbo, Talley, Thurman, Tasker, Andre and Bruce) and of other teams past that just want to throw up watching this gutless bs! I'm not use to watching this brand of football from the Bills, especially at home! Get rid of these pansies and replace them with some old blood and guts personnel! One other note, I remember as recently as Nigel Bradham 2 years ago against this very same team when he followed up his tackle to the ground against Knowshan Moreno and broke his arm. He wasn't willing to concede an inch against him. Where have these players gone to??! We replaced them with pussies!

I don't understand the uproar about punting from your own territory on 4th and 3. If you want to be mad at Rex for fielding a defense that cannot stop anyone, then great - I think you are spot on.

I think punting on 4th and 3 from where they were was the right play. They had the Dolphins pinned pretty deep in their territory after the punt. It was the putrid defense that gave up a 55 yard run on the first play from scrimmage that killed their chances.

With a decent defense, the Bills get the ball back around their 40 with 2:00 left to move into ft position.

Lots of reasons that Rex should be let go, but punting on that play isn't one of the reasons.

When have the bills been a tough team? Like steeler tough.

I would definitely say '79-'81 Bills Defense was 'bully' tough and #1. Big Ben Williams, Jim Haslett, Isiah Robertson, Freddy Smerlas, Shane Nelson, Sherm White, headhunter Freeman. The O line: Crazy Joe Devlin, Conrad Dobler, Ken Jones, and old man Reggie Mac.

The Super Bowl Bills (especially '90-'91) were tough boys....NEVER out of a game, AFC or NFC. Even the role players (Pike, Lodish, Seals, Bentley, Leonard Smith, Odomes, and that O Line) were bruisers. You cannot say they were not feared. In the words of Bill Walsh inthe AFC Champ game "The Bills are outhitting the Raiders...they are out Raidering the Raiders"

I must correct myself. In 1980 Bills were #3 Defense, 1981 #6

Edited by tedstrong