Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next head coach?

Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?

i think the strange dynamics, power structure, and drama/undermining at OBD are a much bigger warning sign to potential coaches than the previous failures.

Anthony Lynn will fit the organization perfectly because he will give Whaley and Brandon what they want as far as control, as long as he gets his big opportunity (if he isnt HC here, he wont be a head coach elsewhere in 2017).

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has also shown a penchant for coming out throwing the ball. Something GRO almost never did.

31st passing offense

Worse than GRo 2015 passing offense

And yes both had WR injuries

On the face of it, it's no different. I said at the time, Roman was a convenient scapegoat. Some of the comments from Shady recently make it sound like the issue with Roman was personal and not schematic. Maybe Lynn relates to players better, especially having played the game at the top level before. Shouldn't matter too much but apparently it does.

I didn't want Roman gone, same way I don't want Lynn gone. I can't knock Lynn for what he's done if I liked what Roman did. Anthony Lynn isn't a part of the problem. I'm okay with giving him the time to prove that he's part of the solution on the evidence gained in the past 13 games.

But my point is i am Not promoting him to HC and i wont force marriage a staff either.

Now if my nee HC (yes i will interview Lynn) wants to keep Lynn so be it. If he doesnt so be it.

No because he will retain the whole coaching staff minus Rex.

Has to be someone not currently on the team (if a coaching change will even happen).

You dont know that

As a matter of fact.....I am betting against it especially on the D side of the ball

Hmm. That probably rules him out then. ;)

I personally think a quality DC would LOVE to get the job coaching this defense.......so much talent

On the face of it, it's no different. I said at the time, Roman was a convenient scapegoat. Some of the comments from Shady recently make it sound like the issue with Roman was personal and not schematic. Maybe Lynn relates to players better, especially having played the game at the top level before. Shouldn't matter too much but apparently it does.

I didn't want Roman gone, same way I don't want Lynn gone. I can't knock Lynn for what he's done if I liked what Roman did. Anthony Lynn isn't a part of the problem. I'm okay with giving him the time to prove that he's part of the solution on the evidence gained in the past 13 games.

This is a really good point. Do people really want to remove the bladder cancer (poor HC/DEF), by killing the patient's beautiful blue eyes(running game)?

Edited by horned dogs

But my point is i am Not promoting him to HC and i wont force marriage a staff either.

Now if my nee HC (yes i will interview Lynn) wants to keep Lynn so be it. If he doesnt so be it.

Absolutely. I don't think he's ready to be a HC just yet. Why I've mentioned the idea of a placeholder HC like a Coughlin to help Lynn's path. I think Lynn is a smart guy, plenty of things I've seen from his accident a few years ago that makes me think he's a decent human being as well. I wouldn't mind him as a candidate with a good 3-4 seasons of OC experience under his belt.

I'm just in no rush to get rid of him. I think he's been an asset to a team that's bereft of positives.

Not his offense jesus want to give him credit for this offense but alos pass the blame to Roman when the HS passing concepts mentioned.

No sorry a guy that took the top NFL running offense, and didnt mess it up.

Took a bad passing offense and made it worse does not impress me

He also had one of the worst WR corps in NFL history the majority of the season. He put points on the board with a below average qb, no RT and no WRs. He was thouroughly impressive to me.

While I don't know if he's earned the HC position, I wouldn't want to lose him as OC. Tough decisions on the horizon. Rex should be fired without question. He ruined a legit defense with his system. If Lynn can bring in a good D.C. I would consider him for HC. Who else are we going to sign? Kyle shanahan? Ehhhhhh. I'd keep the O in place and see if someone can fix the defense. Quinn ugh the be a nice option. While not a good HC I think he can help turn around the D

Absolutely. I don't think he's ready to be a HC just yet. Why I've mentioned the idea of a placeholder HC like a Coughlin to help Lynn's path. I think Lynn is a smart guy, plenty of things I've seen from his accident a few years ago that makes me think he's a decent human being as well. I wouldn't mind him as a candidate with a good 3-4 seasons of OC experience under his belt.

I'm just in no rush to get rid of him. I think he's been an asset to a team that's bereft of positives.

The problem is Coughlin might come in and blow the whole thing up

Anthony Lynn was mentioned as a HC candidate before he ever got to the Bills. Part of that was Rex tooting Lynn's horn. Part of that may have been the Rooney Rule (Lynn doesn't even like the rule). But he's a very respected guy.

What we don't know is his true philosophy. He's worked under running game preferred HC's, and he obviously knows a lot about the running game. But that doesn't necessarily mean as a HC or even an OC with a HC that more favors the passing game that he would be a ground and pound kind of coach. He appears, on the surface, to be the kind of guy who lets his players do what they do well.

I wouldn't mind him as the head guy depending on what kind of defensive guy he could get. He probably knows a boatload of coaches and he's probably very respected and well liked by them.

Just because the offense is performing better than the defense, or "good enough", that's not enough reason to tie your franchise to a guy who started the season as RB coach.

You really see Anthony Lynn out-coaching Belichick? C'mon.

The whole staff has to go. FO needs a major restructure and possible house cleaning. Entire culture there needs to change.

Anthony Lynn was mentioned as a HC candidate before he ever got to the Bills. Part of that was Rex tooting Lynn's horn. Part of that may have been the Rooney Rule (Lynn doesn't even like the rule). But he's a very respected guy.

What we don't know is his true philosophy. He's worked under running game preferred HC's, and he obviously knows a lot about the running game. But that doesn't necessarily mean as a HC or even an OC with a HC that more favors the passing game that he would be a ground and pound kind of coach. He appears, on the surface, to be the kind of guy who lets his players do what they do well.

I wouldn't mind him as the head guy depending on what kind of defensive guy he could get. He probably knows a boatload of coaches and he's probably very respected and well liked by them.

This is where I am at

Promoting him to HC does not mean we wont pass the ball

Just because the offense is performing better than the defense, or "good enough", that's not enough reason to tie your franchise to a guy who started the season as RB coach.

You really see Anthony Lynn out-coaching Belichick? C'mon.

The whole staff has to go. FO needs a major restructure and possible house cleaning. Entire culture there needs to change.

What coach do you actually see "out coaching" BB?

This falls in line with the QB thing.....is there a Tom Brady of a HC sitting out there for us to scoop up? By all means lets go get that guy.

If not then lets not destroy our top 10 scoring offense

If Lynn was interviewed publicly, and he came out and said -" My offense would be very similar to a Greg Roman style offense except with more emphasis on the passing game. A dominant offense needs to have a dominant deep threat passing attack that is used in every game. We currently do not spend enough time and emphasis on the passing game and we will change that next season."

Then fans would be lining up to either keep him as OC or promote him to head coach. Unless he comes out and says something like that, I am going to be very apprehensive about what me might get with him at either head coach or offensive coordinator.

This is where I am at

What evidence do you have of anything Lynn has said or done that makes you think he wants to throw the ball more? Or not throw the ball more? It is a complete guessing game. Why would you automatically want to promote that guy to head coach? It seems like wishful thinking based on nada.

Edited by PolishDave

The problem is Coughlin might come in and blow the whole thing up

Then so be it.

Again nothing on this team (with exception of maybe Shady) i am forcing on a new coach.

They will come in lay out their plan and get hired. I am not saying in interviews Lynn will be the OC can you work with him.

I may ask what they think of Lynn or Tyrod etc but not forcing them on anyone quickest way to fail yet again

This is where I am at

This falls in line with the QB thing.....is there a Tom Brady of a HC sitting out there for us to scoop up? By all means lets go get that guy.

McDaniels, possibly Haley or Shanahan. Even Coughlin. I could see any of them developing the QB better than this staff has and beating the Pats sooner than Lynn.

McDaniels, possibly Haley or Shanahan. Even Coughlin. I could see any of them developing the QB better than this staff has and beating the Pats sooner than Lynn.

Lynn is a bit of a unknown......except to us.

I think its a feather in Lynn's cap that he kept this O productive with all these injuries.

Beating BB is going to rely on whether we can get this D back to where it should be

Again if he is SO respected in the league why does it take scapegoating an OC and firing him before he gets a coordinator position.

Why doesnt Rex who obviously can hire anyone make him Oc from jump.

Now we want to make him HC?

This is where I am at

Based in what will Lynn throw the ball he has NEVER designed an offense so how do you know he will throw the ball.

Heck how do we know his designed offense doesnt hurt the Running game. Fact is he is running someone elses granted to a .500 level.

But end of day 15 year RB coach never got a promotion (Even when Rex was hired here) until the person whos offense he is running was scapegoated

I think its a feather in Lynn's cap that he kept this O productive with all these injuries.

Beating BB is going to rely on whether we can get this D back to where it should be

Youre not wrong in any of your statements here.

But I still wouldnt promote Lynn. Im moving on. JMO. :thumbsup:

And Roman did as well had this offense productive dispite INJ and it got him fired

I know continuity is a cuss word around here.......im gonna use it anyway

Again continuity of crap = Crap.

Not saying Lynn is crap am saying not ready