Cardale and a Coughlin story

Estelle Getty

Did anyone else notice in the preseason Cardale

1. Gets the ball out extremely quick

2. Has a laser arm

3. Has good mobility

4. A good pocket presence

5. Is built like an NFL QB

I really take these coaches/GM saying he isn't ready with a grain of salt. They are the same people who trotted out Dan Carpenter week after week. Enough said. I still subscribe to the fact if Brady was picked by the Bills under any of these coaches in the last 17 years he would have been out of the league after a couple of years. Coaching, coaching, coaching!

Onto Coughlin I strictly don't want him due to his lack luster coaching the last 4-5 years and his old age. We don't need a coach to bridge the gap. But on a personal level I have not been a fan of his for two years after I worked with a person who was good friends with someone very close to him. We will call this person, person A. Person A who is very close to him is older, works two jobs to make ends meet, and struggles to do so. I was told that Coughlin is on very good terms with person A and despite this he never once offered any sort of financial help to this person, unless you would call a few football tickets and autographs financial help. For a guy who has probably made close to 50 million dollars in coaching and endorsements to never offer someone so close to him (who is also elderly) any help says all I needed to know about what kind of character he has and person he is.

Mind you for person A $5,000 would nearly be life changing money. Also the person I worked with said person A never spoke a bad word about the $ aspect of their relationship. It was just something my co-worker discovered from being friends with person A.

*sorry about the "person A" stuff it was the best I could come up with at the moment.

Edited by Estelle Getty

Ohio state's backup quarterback is not the answer. He's a project. We need an actual quarterback, no more messing around with maybe this guy or maybe that guy.

For the next part I find this silly. Because he has money he should give out free hand outs? I completely disagree.

Ohio state's backup quarterback is not the answer. He's a project. We need an actual quarterback, no more messing around with maybe this guy or maybe that guy.

For the next part I find this silly. Because he has money he should give out free hand outs? I completely disagree.

I'm not saying Cardale is the second coming, but I think there is potentially something there worth exploring further.

As for Coughlin If you want to classify helping someone extremely close to you as a "hand out" that's on you. If he won't do that you can imagine how charitable of a person he is. Sorry but I'm in the camp if you were fortunate enough to make $50 million through hard work or otherwise you should hopefully have a moral obligation to help others. I give back and make considerably less than that as you could imagine. Not saying he HAS to, just saying it tells you the kind of person he is, cause trust me if he isn't helping this person he certainly isn't helping anyone else.

Did anyone see him starting for Ohio State last year?

How many games did Cardale lose? When did Urban Meyer ever develop an NFL qb? Were you aware that Tom Brady was unable to beat out the immortal Drew Henson at Michigan?

So... a kid who won a national championship as 3rd-stringer, with zero starts, vs. VAUNTED competition DOESN'T deserve a chance to win a job in the NFL??? :lol:

Some of you people don't deserve to see the playoffs for another 20 years.

Edited by #34fan

Did anyone else notice in the preseason Cardale

1. Gets the ball out extremely quick

2. Has a laser arm

3. Has good mobility

4. A good pocket presence

5. Is built like an NFL QB

I really take these coaches/GM saying he isn't ready with a grain of salt. They are the same people who trotted out Dan Carpenter week after week. Enough said. I still subscribe to the fact if Brady was picked by the Bills under any of these coaches in the last 17 years he would have been out of the league after a couple of years. Coaching, coaching, coaching!

Onto Coughlin I strictly don't want him due to his lack luster coaching the last 4-5 years and his old age. We don't need a coach to bridge the gap. But on a personal level I have not been a fan of his for two years after I worked with a person who was good friends with someone very close to him. We will call this person, person A. Person A who is very close to him is older, works two jobs to make ends meet, and struggles to do so. I was told that Coughlin is on very good terms with person A and despite this he never once offered any sort of financial help to this person, unless you would call a few football tickets and autographs financial help. For a guy who has probably made close to 50 million dollars in coaching and endorsements to never offer someone so close to him (who is also elderly) any help says all I needed to know about what kind of character he has and person he is.

Mind you for person A $5,000 would nearly be life changing money. Also the person I worked with said person A never spoke a bad word about the $ aspect of their relationship. It was just something my co-worker discovered from being friends with person A.

*sorry about the "person A" stuff it was the best I could come up with at the moment.

If Whaley tries to force Cardale down any coaches throat like he did with EJ, he should be strung up by his Achilles tendon at the field house for the fans to throw tomato's at.

If Whaley tries to force Cardale down any coaches throat like he did with EJ, he should be strung up by his Achilles tendon at the field house for the fans to throw tomato's at.

Amen.

As Van Morrison once said, what a beautiful vision.

I've seen every snap that Cardale has taken since he got to OSU. I love the guy and are glad that the Bills drafted him. I don't think that he is anywhere near being ready to play in the NFL (like 2018). I thought and still think that he needs at least 2 years in an NFL system. With that being said, I think that he competes with a vet for the #2 spot next year.

The next step in the development for Cardale is bringing in veteran QB in the offseason and letting him compete for the backup position. Cardale needs to show improvement and prove he is ready to take the next step. Being red shirted this year was the correct decision. We can't keep throwing guys out there before they are ready. I liked the split field sessions they did last year to give everybody more reps. I would like to see them do that again even on a limited basis. The Bills haven't developed a viable QB in years. So VR training bringing in Brady's mentor Tom House whatever it takes all avenues must be explored. QB is the most important position and that should be given the most focus in making them better players.