Cardale and a Coughlin story

Estelle Getty

Why do we care that Cardale wasn't a full time starter at OSU? Brady didn't start all his games at michigan

Why do we care that Cardale wasn't a full time starter at OSU? Brady didn't start all his games at michigan

We care because after winning the National Championship did he put the work in come in and win again? Or did he play so bad he lost his job?

Cardale was raw when he was drafted but for perspective, Mitch Trubisky may be the 1st QB drafted this year and he has one more start than Cardale. He's played in 30 overall including as a backup and Cardale played in 23. Cam Newton only started one year of college too. It's not ideal but he's not the first guy not to enter the NFL without a ton of college experience.

I never expected him to play this year because the Bills did the right thing drafting him when they already had a starter and backup in place so he wasn't rushed in there.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Cardale was raw when he was drafted but for perspective, Mitch Trubisky may be the 1st QB drafted this year and he has one more start than Cardale. He's played in 30 overall including as a backup and Cardale played in 23. Cam Newton only started one year of college too. It's not ideal but he's not the first guy not to enter the NFL without a ton of college experience.

Not worried about experience for most part.

Cardale is Raw in term of the mechanics etc. was a total rebuild. Unlike Mitch and Cam thier mechanics are sound and were sound dispite thr lack of starting experience.

No different than Wentz

Your very persistent and overt disdain for Tyrod Taylor is becoming tiresome and annoying. We get it, dude. Find anything else to post about and we will all be very thankful. Merry Christmas.

No could care less TT will go in the list of failed QBs here.

However Coughlin is rumored to be the next HC here if he is Not a Bortles fan well he is gonna equally not be a fan of Taylor. But hey keep the blinders on and think i just want to attack TT.

It is a comparison

Did anyone else notice in the preseason Cardale

1. Gets the ball out extremely quick

2. Has a laser arm

3. Has good mobility

4. A good pocket presence

5. Is built like an NFL QB

I really take these coaches/GM saying he isn't ready with a grain of salt. They are the same people who trotted out Dan Carpenter week after week. Enough said. I still subscribe to the fact if Brady was picked by the Bills under any of these coaches in the last 17 years he would have been out of the league after a couple of years. Coaching, coaching, coaching!

Onto Coughlin I strictly don't want him due to his lack luster coaching the last 4-5 years and his old age. We don't need a coach to bridge the gap. But on a personal level I have not been a fan of his for two years after I worked with a person who was good friends with someone very close to him. We will call this person, person A. Person A who is very close to him is older, works two jobs to make ends meet, and struggles to do so. I was told that Coughlin is on very good terms with person A and despite this he never once offered any sort of financial help to this person, unless you would call a few football tickets and autographs financial help. For a guy who has probably made close to 50 million dollars in coaching and endorsements to never offer someone so close to him (who is also elderly) any help says all I needed to know about what kind of character he has and person he is.

Mind you for person A $5,000 would nearly be life changing money. Also the person I worked with said person A never spoke a bad word about the $ aspect of their relationship. It was just something my co-worker discovered from being friends with person A.

*sorry about the "person A" stuff it was the best I could come up with at the moment.

I'm not a huge fan of getting my hopes up for a 4th round pick with Raw talent that needs a lot of work. I think the Bills need to seriously look at addressing the position early in the draft or provide Tyrod with the necessary tutorage this off season to become the player they thought he could become and renegotiate his obnoxious contract and bonus. After the Miami game it's apparent that Tyrod can still be a winning QB. They need to figure that out.

As for Coughlin, there was a time when Giants fans were not thrilled over the hiring of a retread head coach who, after three winning seasons, was fired after consecutive 7-9, 6-10, and 6-10 campaigns with the Jags. Two Super Bowls later I think things worked out pretty good there in Gotham City.

Now, Some Bills fans aren't thrilled with a retread head coach who, after three winning seasons, was fired after consecutive 7-9, 6-10, and 6-10 campaigns with the Giants.

In other words, records can be deceiving.

As for his philanthropic side, Friendship isn't about money. It seems person A felt this way as well since he never brought it up. I think it was very cool for Coughlin to provide tickets and memorabilia for a person who he knew couldn't afford it so he could experience a live game. Gifting money to people, especially friends, is dicey and usually leads to friendships ending. Listen to the countless players who are hit up all the time by "good friends" who need help making a car or house payment. After a while that stuff takes on a life of its own and they end up broke because they can't say no. It's better to just not start.

I'm not a huge fan of getting my hopes up for a 4th round pick with Raw talent that needs a lot of work. I think the Bills need to seriously look at addressing the position early in the draft or provide Tyrod with the necessary tutorage this off season to become the player they thought he could become and renegotiate his obnoxious contract and bonus. After the Miami game it's apparent that Tyrod can still be a winning QB. They need to figure that out.

As for Coughlin, there was a time when Giants fans were not thrilled over the hiring of a retread head coach who, after three winning seasons, was fired after consecutive 7-9, 6-10, and 6-10 campaigns with the Jags. Two Super Bowls later I think things worked out pretty good there in Gotham City.

Now, Some Bills fans aren't thrilled with a retread head coach who, after three winning seasons, was fired after consecutive 7-9, 6-10, and 6-10 campaigns with the Giants.

In other words, records can be deceiving.

As for his philanthropic side, Friendship isn't about money. It seems person A felt this way as well since he never brought it up. I think it was very cool for Coughlin to provide tickets and memorabilia for a person who he knew couldn't afford it so he could experience a live game. Gifting money to people, especially friends, is dicey and usually leads to friendships ending. Listen to the countless players who are hit up all the time by "good friends" who need help making a car or house payment. After a while that stuff takes on a life of its own and they end up broke because they can't say no. It's better to just not start.

I would agree with your last part but person A is closer than a friend, someone in his position should no doubt help.