This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the group that thinks Tyrod is a franchise guy, but unless you want to go into rebuild mode next year you retain him. We still have a playoff window next year. We can back out of the deal with little pain when we want to move on. During the time we explore our remaining playoff window we draft and focus on finding a viable replacement for Tyrod. Tyrod leaves a lot to be desired, but he's a huge contributor to our success on the ground. We can make a run with him if all other phases are clicking. Yes that's a lot to ask from this team with how things appear but not compared to expecting this team to do anything in the future if we drop TT this year and don't have a viable replacement.

This is where I was until recently. And you're right in that Taylor is good enough that the Bills could potentially make the playoffs next season or in 2018. But he is not good enough to win against the other teams that also make the playoffs. And he's not going to get better. That's just not good enough for me. I move on from him, Rex and the FO. The Bills can tear it down now or the can have two or three more seasons that look a lot like this one and then tear it down. They're better off just getting it over with. Edited by BarleyNY

Bad stat to look at for these reasons I will list. Last time I checked tyrod led them back from 14 points and the defence sh** the bed to give up a tying field goal. Plus Dan carpenters missed field goal in OT. Football is a team game, much more than just looking at the QBs record

He had 1 good game dude... It was nice, however he is a poor QB.

This is where I was until recently. And you're right in that Taylor is good enough that the Bills could potentially make the playoffs next season or in 2018. But he is not good enough to win against the other teams that also make the playoffs. And he's not going to get better. That's just not good enough for me. I move on from him, Rex and the FO. The Bills can tear it down now or the can have two or three more seasons that look a lot like this one and then tear it down. They're better off just getting it over with.

I don't think it's a matter of "he's not good enough" but one of "they're not good enough," by which I mean the D, the HC and his core coaches, and lately Special Teams. Go thru the 15 games played and it looks to me as tho thhe O played well enough to win 10 of them (the Ravens game still makes no sense). So it seems a 10-5 record with the hapless Jets left to play was do-able with this "adequate" O if only the D had matched it. But, yeah, let's get rid of Tyrod. Minga!

Tyrod may never become a great passer but put some talent around him he will look better. Sammy being injured hurt the team. Playing with 4-5th string guys the chemistry wasn't there and Tyrod clearly didn't have full trust in them being open. Get Corey Davis in the first and put someone on the other side of Watkins will help. I think Robert Woods is good as gone but he would be an ideal slot receiver if he can be resigned. Getting bigger at the skill position should be the overall goal in the offseason.

Tyrod must be kept until you have someone better ready to take over. I think he can be a middle of the pack QB and his numbers have been affected by all the injuries and random guys in and out of the lineup. I am not opposed to drafting another QB this year as well. Bring in veteran QB to battle Cardale for the backup position and make him earn the position.

Fixing the S and RT position should also be the focus in the offseason. I would try to trade/cut Wood and use the money to upgrade the RT position. Franchise and try to trade Gilmore as well. Corners and Safeties will be needed. 3-4 or 4-3 it doesn't matter the blueprint for success is out there. Simplify the defense we are trying to do too much. We are doing nothing but confusing ourselves.

Keep Anthony Lynn as HC and promote someone from Schwartz's staff in Philly. I think Lynn had done a good job with Roman's playbook this year. Next year he can implement his system while maintaining some consistency on offense. If we can fix the defense we have a decent shot at breaking the playoff drought next year.

I love your post but I'd like to add to it. We already have the answer at Tackle just move Cordy to RT and Kujo can start at LT he's done a great job filling in this yr. #2 I got your Schwartz D it comes from Jeff Fisher he would be excellent addition as DC and would get the best out of hughes and Dareus as well as others. Schwartz is a disciple of Fisher so why not have the guy that taught him his D.

Bad stat to look at for these reasons I will list. Last time I checked tyrod led them back from 14 points and the defence sh** the bed to give up a tying field goal. Plus Dan carpenters missed field goal in OT. Football is a team game, much more than just looking at the QBs record

This.

Has Tyrod ever led a successful 2 min drill? If there is a stat on that I guarantee he is the worst in the NFL among the starting QB's. Once you are down it's over. He's not going to lead you back. If the other team scores over 21 just turn the TV off because we lose

Did you even watch the dolphins game? Tyrod led us back and took the lead and the STs and Defense **** the bed and couldnt keep the dolphins from hitting a !@#$ING 55 YARD FG!!! WTF!!! I dont expect TT to play defense too.

Once it got going, the offense was impressive today. We passed effectively. We ran effectively. We piled up yards and scored a lot of points.

But did we see the Tyrod of the future today? Or will he regress to his inaccurate, happy-feet self once more?

I won't pretend to know the answer. I get why some see signs of promise in today's performance. And I get why others are more cynical.

Sophomore slump but Ive seen enough progression in his game this year to pick up the option keep him as a stop gap QB that will keep us competitive (even playoffs with a better defense), while we develop our next franchise QB.

100%.

Tyrod is a good place holder for now, IMO. Again, what are the alternatives?

People B word about him and then say nothing about who replaces him.

This.

There are 16 games in a season tho

Are you sure about that breh?

What's funny is he isn't even getting crazy money for a QB in his deal...even at full value it makes him around the 20th highest paid QB in the NFL...We are so out of touch with what QBs make now because it's been so long since we have had one who is worth paying, we still think they are making 5-10 million a year...that's good backup money these days

I'm afraid we will pass up good enough to try and find great but instead find Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Todd Collins or EJ Manuel...

Yep. His deal puts him at 20th QB in the league. I would say thats fair with his talent rite now. If we had a better defense, we would be playoff bound this year. I think people are taking our offense for granted now. We are top 5 in scoring, do you remember where we were with kyle orton slinging the rock? not even in the top 10.

What in the world is wrong with this MAJBobby guy?

Im starting to think Tyrod Taylor banged his girl. Its ok Bobby she wasnt worth it!

Why did he fail to score vs the raiders and steelers ya know when the games mattered then ?

You mean the Raiders game where we were up by 3 scores in the 3rd qt and our defense **** on itself? Yeah i member.....sucks about breaking his leg tho. Thats gotta suck, they wont last a round in the playoffs without Carr.

Edited by Marty McFly

By no means am I saying Tyrod is the franchise QB we need, but by no rational observation can anyone conclude that he is the biggest problem on this team. The defense is the main problem, if our defense would have lived up to it's expectations we'd already be at 10+ wins on the year. It's mind boggling, I look at our defensive pieces and think to myself that we should have a upper echelon defense yet we don't.

By no means am I saying Tyrod is the franchise QB we need, but by no rational observation can anyone conclude that he is the biggest problem on this team. The defense is the main problem, if our defense would have lived up to it's expectations we'd already be at 10+ wins on the year. It's mind boggling, I look at our defensive pieces and think to myself that we should have a upper echelon defense yet we don't.

Agree. The defense has talent, they just cant grasp Rexs scheme. Rex is a goner, and I feel conflicted bc if you look at the times our run defense ***** itself, there are guys there to stop the RB but they arent making the tackles, They are doing the arm tackle thing and getting ripped for it. I dont expect Rex to make the tackles on the field too.

Roethlisberger showed us what a real QB looks like. AGAIN. So clutch.

That reminds me. the Giants are in the playoffs. Im looking forward to seeing Eli Manning turn into his clutch playoff form. Its a shame Carr broke his leg, he is also super clutch and woulda been awesome to watch in the playoffs. Now whos gonna stop brady and the evil empire?

Yep.

It was the first game he's won this year when the opponent scored more than 20 points.

He's 1-4 in those games.

I wonder if the Steelers dump him after this year because he only wins 20% of the games when he's asked to carry a struggling defense.

Man I just cant believe how many people think a better QB would make a big difference in this organization. The number of QBs who could carry this mismanaged team to the playoffs is probably in the single digits. Jimbo, Marino, Brady, a few others. None of them are available. Until we fix systemic FO issues this team is going nowhere. I guess we'll find out tomorrow or Tues whether there is a housecleaning, or not.

Why did it take so long for him to finally find targets? the MIA game was his last chance to prove he was even a QB. I don't remember the last time he threw for over 300 yards. We need 280+yds a game from a QB with 100+ from the running game. Yes the defense has regressed tremendously, but come on...keep him next year and pay him that money? for what? another test run? lol. He did better in his first year in BUF and worse this year.

And Baltimore and Cinci. Kudos to Nugent tho.

And the second pats game. All is forgiven though. The most recent game holds more weight

#cot

You are actually pointing out that tyrod has won games because of other teams missing field goals? Very strange time to bring that up, especially when the bills virtually lost the game yesterday on 2 missed field goals from carpenter..

You are comparing an active top 5 QB and hall of fame QB to Tyrod? Lol. If you think I said Tyrod is a top 5 QB, you really misread my post

You are actually pointing out that tyrod has won games because of other teams missing field goals? Very strange time to bring that up, especially when the bills virtually lost the game yesterday on 2 missed field goals from carpenter..

It was a bad game from Tyrod after a strong game vs Seahawks. If we get Cincy Tyrod for half the games next year it's a lost cause.

Not sure why "good Tyrod" has no consistency.

Yep.

It was the first game he's won this year when the opponent scored more than 20 points.

He's 1-4 in those games.

I wonder if the Steelers dump him after this year because he only wins 20% of the games when he's asked to carry a struggling defense.

Really go check his career stats cherry pick away though.

Whats Tyrods record when he is down by 4 points at any point in the game?

It was a bad game from Tyrod after a strong game vs Seahawks. If we get Cincy Tyrod for half the games next year it's a lost cause.

Not sure why "good Tyrod" has no consistency.

Because "good Tyrod" is an anomaly

Yep.

He's 1-4 in those games.

You cherry picking Big Ben's stats to favorably compare Tyrod to him?