This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

MAJBobby.....I am unsure on TT. Some of his issues I don't think are correctable. I think if the coaching and/or system was different TT would do better. But, that is just my opinion. I think with Marrone (I know Marrone didn't coach TT, but, these last two HCs share many issues that drive me crazy) and Rex (and their staffs) they both play not to lose the game (old school thoughts that don't work now). I hate that approach. With those approaches I believe their play calling is too conservative and isn't beneficial to the QBs and handicaps them during the games finding rythyms and their long term improvements.

So, I think with a different staff, TT would be better. Is he the answer, probably not. But, I think he has the ceiling to be the 10-15th best QB in the NFL. Will he get there, not sure.

I also think he is worth keeping if there isn't a better option.

I am more focussed on fixing the long term issues. QB is not the issue IMO. Russ Brandon will stay and I think that is a HUGE problem. I am fine with Whaley, but, if we clean out everything and Whaley goes, so be it. Rex is a huge problem and the FO structure.

Just my thoughts.

Fair

Where i disagree is this is a perfect system for him. The system is run first and does its best to hide his flaws. The system has produced open WRs a majority of the games. Which is why I contend it is a perfect system to get a rookie into immediately while Shady is still healthy young and explosive. He will make it easy for a a Rookie to improve his passing (Think Dallas).

And hense the reason why i am ready to move on. This is a system a QB should grow in (if there is growth left). Which i just dont see anymore. Still doesnt see open WRs, Still doesnt throw with anticipation, Still doesnt hang in pockets and turns to legs too soon, still doesnt get the ball out on time.

2 years (6 in league) that is enough time to see what a QB is. So its risk reward i guess. Putting a rookie in this system wont drop play off IMO and there is growth potential

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair

Where i disagree is this is a perfect system for him. The system is run first and does its best to hide his flaws. The system has produced open WRs a majority of the games. Which is why I contend it is a perfect system to get a rookie into immediately while Shady is still healthy young and explosive. He will make it easy for a a Rookie to improve his passing (Think Dallas).

And hense the reason why i am ready to move on. This is a system a QB should grow in (if there is growth left). Which i just dont see anymore. Still doesnt see open WRs, Still doesnt throw with anticipation, Still doesnt hang in pockets and turns to legs too soon, still doesnt get the ball out on time.

2 years (6 in league) that is enough time to see what a QB is. So its risk reward i guess. Putting a rookie in this system wont drop play off IMO and there is growth potential

Slightly agree. I think TT would do better in a system that threw the ball more. I think TT would do better in a system that was more of today's NFL (which suprisingly? works well in the NFL). But, that is just my opinion. I think most QBs would do worse in the current outdated system the Bills run on offense. I think the system handcuffs the QB and once again plays not to lose instead of to win.

Either way TT position just got a little more tenuous with Rex Canned

Slightly agree. I think TT would do better in a system that threw the ball more. I think TT would do better in a system that was more of today's NFL (which suprisingly? works well in the NFL). But, that is just my opinion. I think most QBs would do worse in the current outdated system the Bills run on offense. I think the system handcuffs the QB and once again plays not to lose instead of to win.

I agree but when we have been pass heavy he has performed. Did have the Ball in his hands late in games (MIA and SEA) failed. Thats all i am saying. I think his ceiling is right About where he is.

Either way TT position just got a little more tenuous with Rex Canned

I agree but when we have been pass heavy he has performed. Did have the Ball in his hands late in games (MIA and SEA) failed. Thats all i am saying. I think his ceiling is right About where he is.

Yup, as I can't see anyone else commit to ground and pound the way Re did. As many have stated TT fits Rex's scheme perfectly and I can't see the next guy keeping Rex's philosophy, not even A Lynn. TT status is absolutely tenuous as of today.

Edited by old school

MAJBobby.....I am unsure on TT. Some of his issues I don't think are correctable. I think if the coaching and/or system was different TT would do better. But, that is just my opinion. I think with Marrone (I know Marrone didn't coach TT, but, these last two HCs share many issues that drive me crazy) and Rex (and their staffs) they both play not to lose the game (old school thoughts that don't work now). I hate that approach. With those approaches I believe their play calling is too conservative and isn't beneficial to the QBs and handicaps them during the games finding rythyms and their long term improvements.

So, I think with a different staff, TT would be better. Is he the answer, probably not. But, I think he has the ceiling to be the 10-15th best QB in the NFL. Will he get there, not sure.

I also think he is worth keeping if there isn't a better option.

I am more focussed on fixing the long term issues. QB is not the issue IMO. Russ Brandon will stay and I think that is a HUGE problem. I am fine with Whaley, but, if we clean out everything and Whaley goes, so be it. Rex is a huge problem and the FO structure.

H

Just my thoughts.

I agree with you 100 percent. Retain TT. He will atleast be a bridge until the next "franchise qb" can be found.