This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

You are actually pointing out that tyrod has won games because of other teams missing field goals? Very strange time to bring that up, especially when the bills virtually lost the game yesterday on 2 missed field goals from carpenter..

You are comparing an active top 5 QB and hall of fame QB to Tyrod? Lol. If you think I said Tyrod is a top 5 QB, you really misread my post

The COT feels it's fair to compare this years Bills defense to the historic Bears, Ravens, Bucs, Broncos heck even the 2014 Bills and use that as why TT didn't get the job done.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100%.

Tyrod is a good place holder for now, IMO. Again, what are the alternatives?

People B word about him and then say nothing about who replaces him.

Yes they do.

They want to replace him with any rookie out of the draft which will have less than a 2% chance of being better than Tyrod - because those people are just stupid when it comes to math.

Yes they do.

They want to replace him with any rookie out of the draft which will have less than a 2% chance of being better than Tyrod - because those people are just stupid when it comes to math.

Not hard to be better than a bottom of the barrel passing attack. Many rookies have come in the last couple years and been better than a bottom of the barrel.

Carr, Bortles, Wentz, Winston, Prescott, Mariota, Tannehill, Stafford older guys like Roethlisberger, Flacco, Ryan, Dalton, Wilson, Newton, Luck. That's damn near half the league way way more than 2%.

Really go check his career stats cherry pick away though.

Cherry Pick..lol. OK.

I was responding to a post where someone was talking about ONE game and acting like the guy is consistently winning these shootouts. I just pointed out that it hasn't been happening.

But OK, since you asked.

Big Ben since 2010 when the opponent scores more than 20 pts.

2016 1-4

2015 2-2

2014 6-5

2013 2-6

2012 0-5

2011 0-2

2010 2-2

Total 13-26

Overall record of winning 1 in 3 of those games.

one year...out of 7...when he actually has a winning record.

The other 6 seasons, he's winning 1 in 4 of those games.

And the fact is, Big Ben IS a damn good QB.

but ....the Steelers are smart enough to minimize those situations where he's asked to win a scoring fest.

Their defense actually.....gasp....stops other teams.

Had the Steelers D played like the Bills D in the past 9 games (7 of 9 opponents scoring more than 20 points), the Steelers wouldn't win their division and wouldn't be heading towards the playoffs.

Yes they do.

Really that is scientific that there is less than 2% a rookie will have the 31st or worse passing offense?

Cherry Pick..lol. OK.

I was responding to a post where someone was talking about ONE game and acting like the guy is consistently winning these shootouts. I just pointed out that it hasn't been happening.

But OK, since you asked.

Big Ben since 2010 when the opponent scores more than 20 pts.

2016 1-4

2015 2-2

2014 6-5

2013 2-6

2012 0-5

2011 0-2

2010 2-2

Total 13-26

Overall record of winning 1 in 3 of those games.

one year...out of 7...when he actually has a winning record.

The other 6 seasons, he's winning 1 in 4 of those games.

And the fact is, Big Ben IS a damn good QB.

but ....the Steelers are smart enough to minimize those situations where he's asked to win a scoring fest.

Their defense actually.....gasp....stops other teams.

Had the Steelers D played like the Bills D in the past 9 games (7 of 9 opponents scoring more than 20 points), the Steelers wouldn't win their division and wouldn't be heading towards the playoffs.

Can and has Ben led the Steelers on game winning drives in the final 2 minutes. Yep alot.

Has Taylor? That is what the poster was talking about

Almost 600 yards of offence and the bills still lost.. I for one have had disagreements with a few posters here about what's more of a problem, the offence or defence. This game should clearly show that the defence/coaching are the main problems on this team.

I am not saying that Tyrod is the franchise guy that is going to lead the bills to the promise land. But he is easily good enough to get into the playoffs if you have the support around him. Alex smith gets 10-11 wins every year, and I am not sold at all that he is better than Tyrod. He has better coaching and a 10 times better defence.

A lot of people want Tyrod gone next year and think we will be better without him. I could not disagree more with that, as this defence and coaching staff is an absolute joke. Like I said, he is no means a great QB and I do think we should draft a QB next year, but he is not the reason why the bills are 7 and 8 as there are much bigger problems on this team. Pick up his option next year, fire that clown as a head coach, fix the defence and you probably have a playoff team.

In saying this, Merry chirstmas everyone and hope everybody enjoys the holidays

I think at this point, Alex Smith is a better passer than Taylor. He is capable of throwing a 300+ yd/4 TD game (albeit rarely, since KC is a run-first team - but when the run gets stuffed he can do it).

That said, Smith either took 6 years of development and/or the right HC/scheme to get there.

I think the right path at QB is to explore every option. That means hanging on the the best QB we have at the moment (that would be TT) AND trying to improve through FA and the draft.

Don't put ourselves in the 2013 spot of ditching Fitz and hoping for better from a rookie and whatever FA we could sign. QB isn't the position on which to save money.

Really that is scientific that there is less than 2% a rookie will have the 31st or worse passing offense?

Can and has Ben led the Steelers on game winning drives in the final 2 minutes. Yep alot.

Has Taylor? That is what the poster was talking about

Last year's Titans and this year's Jags.

Impressive.

And why were we behind in those games to begin with??

Because of Tyrod Taylor.

Not hard to be better than a bottom of the barrel passing attack. Many rookies have come in the last couple years and been better than a bottom of the barrel.

Carr, Bortles, Wentz, Winston, Prescott, Mariota, Tannehill, Stafford older guys like Roethlisberger, Flacco, Ryan, Dalton, Wilson, Newton, Luck. That's damn near half the league way way more than 2%.

Be careful what you ask for.

Bills currently on NFL offense: #6 in "points for"

Bortles (Jags) #24, Wentz (Iggles) #17, Winston (Tampa Bay ) #18. Bortles and Winston throw quite a lot of picks - not what we need. Prescott ( and Mariota doing well, but within 20-22 completions of Taylor - both play on teams with strong running games, not clear it's a huge upgrade.

After you go on to a bunch of veteran QB, you beg the question "they're all that now, but what were they their first 3 years?"

Tannehill was doing OK this year, if you look at his first couple years in the league, he was plenty rough and plenty of folks ready to "move on"

Roeth is one of the premier QB in the league now, but in his 3rd season when he threw 5 more INTs then TDs he had his detractors (and he wasn't exactly a passing machine his 1st 2 seasons with <200 ypg)

Stafford, Ryan, Luck, and Newton were all drafted high in the 1st with the expectation to be "franchise saviour QB" so I'm not sure what your point is there - that Taylor doesn't play like a high 1st round draft pick?

I would gladly swap Taylor for Dalton, Wilson, and probably Flacco, but the opportunity is not likely to be afforded us.

If your point is "let's pull the trigger and draft a rookie this year", I'm all for it if there's someone we like, but that doesn't mean throw Taylor in the trash quite yet either.

Be careful what you ask for.

Bills currently on NFL offense: #6 in "points for"

Bortles (Jags) #24, Wentz (Iggles) #17, Winston (Tampa Bay ) #18. Bortles and Winston throw quite a lot of picks - not what we need. Prescott ( and Mariota doing well, but within 20-22 completions of Taylor - both play on teams with strong running games, not clear it's a huge upgrade.

After you go on to a bunch of veteran QB, you beg the question "they're all that now, but what were they their first 3 years?"

Tannehill was doing OK this year, if you look at his first couple years in the league, he was plenty rough and plenty of folks ready to "move on"

Roeth is one of the premier QB in the league now, but in his 3rd season when he threw 5 more INTs then TDs he had his detractors (and he wasn't exactly a passing machine his 1st 2 seasons with <200 ypg)

Stafford, Ryan, Luck, and Newton were all drafted high in the 1st with the expectation to be "franchise saviour QB" so I'm not sure what your point is there - that Taylor doesn't play like a high 1st round draft pick?

I would gladly swap Taylor for Dalton, Wilson, and probably Flacco, but the opportunity is not likely to be afforded us.

If your point is "let's pull the trigger and draft a rookie this year", I'm all for it if there's someone we like, but that doesn't mean throw Taylor in the trash quite yet either.

Again seeing you want to talk points (Team Stat) do the QBs you listed have a McCoy on thier offense

Tyrod haters still hanging on to the one stat that is truly meaningless when it comes to measuring quarterbacks. Because that is the only stat they have to base their case on. lol.

You guys make yourself look more and more foolish every time your pinkies hit the keyboard. And I for one think it is just hilarious.

Keep it coming fools.

Tyrod haters still hanging on to the one stat that is truly meaningless when it comes to measuring quarterbacks. Because that is the only stat they have to base their case on. lol.

You guys make yourself look more and more foolish every time your pinkies hit the keyboard. And I for one think it is just hilarious.

Keep it coming fools.

Whats that stat wins?

Passing?

Seeing open WRs?

Making accurate passes?

Getting ball out on time?

Not seeing ghost pressure?

Please what stat is that

Edited by MAJBobby

Keep it coming fools.

Tell us about the qb who thrashed the raiders and Steelers while calling others fools.

Short term memory is shot ? 1% chance of playoffs after no shows is the guy we need!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The COT feels it's fair to compare this years Bills defense to the historic Bears, Ravens, Bucs, Broncos heck even the 2014 Bills and use that as why TT didn't get the job done.

Except that we don't need to hold nearly so lofty a goal on D. On points scored, we have a top-6 offense and a #15 D.

If the D had been only marginally better, say by 30 points allowed to tie with #13 Philly, don't you think we realistically could have won 4 more games?

We have the #29 rushing D in the league (yards). If we improved to mediocre, don't you think we could have won a few more games?

Except that we don't need to hold nearly so lofty a goal on D. On points scored, we have a top-6 offense and a #15 D.

If the D had been only marginally better, say by 30 points allowed to tie with #13 Philly, don't you think we realistically could have won 4 more games?

We have the #29 rushing D in the league (yards). If we improved to mediocre, don't you think we could have won a few more games?

And 31 passing offense if that was say in the 20s you win more games. With the defense exactly how it it now.

So going into the offseason why not fix the defense and move on from a not good enough QB?

And 31 passing offense if that was say in the 20s you win more games. With the defense exactly how it it now.

So going into the offseason why not fix the defense and move on from a not good enough QB?

It doesn't take a genius to see that the team that ranked dead last in number of pass attempts before last game would also rank near the bottom of total yards.

But you Tyrod haters keep using that stat like it is proof the qb sucks. It isn't. And everybody (but you guys apparently) knows this.

Before the last game the Bills ranked dead bottom of the league in pass attempts. And they ranked 31 in yards.

Fewer passes = fewer yards passing. Duh.

But you fricken geniuses say it is because of the QB. And you look like idiots because of it.

When you look at his other stats, the meaningful ones that point to the QB in particular Tyrod is at the cusp between average and bottom third of the NFL starters.

If you want to say he is not good enough because of that, then do so. But to blame a stat directly tied to number of pass attempts is just plain stupid.

Maybe I give you too much credit for assuming even you would understand this.

And you wonder why people accuse you of crusading. It is because you are. And you look dumb doing it using B.S. stats that aren't the QB's stats.

Carry on.

Edited by PolishDave

Again seeing you want to talk points (Team Stat) do the QBs you listed have a McCoy on thier offense

Well, I'm responding to the point that all those QB are so much better than Taylor (or were at a comparable point in their career), so strictly speaking these aren't QB I listed, which matters. I reference points because in the NFL, the bottom line is points. That's how one wins games. Several of those QB throw quite a few picks, which makes it difficult for the offense to score and often places a big burden on the D.

But since you ask...the Cowboys, Titans, and Raiders (Prescott, Mariota, and Carr) are #2,3,and 5 for rushing. No, they don't have McCoy, but they have Ezekiel Elliot (who is astounding), DeMarco Murray, and in the case of Oak, a "running back by committee" which seems to be serving them fairly well.

The Falcons (Ryan), Dolphins (Tannehill), Eagles (Wentz), and Steelers (Roeth) also rely on stout running games and are top-10 (well, Steelers now 11) in running yards. So yes, all those QB have substantial help from the run game, sometimes a run game arguably as good or better than ours, and are still not putting up as many points.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the team that ranked dead last in number of pass attempts before last game would also rank near the bottom of total yards.

But you Tyrod haters keep using that stat like it is proof the qb sucks. It isn't. And everybody (but you guys apparently) knows this.

Before the last game the Bills ranked dead bottom of the league in pass attempts. And they ranked 31 in yards.

Fewer passes = fewer yards passing. Duh.

But you fricken geniuses say it is because of the QB. And you look like idiots because of it.

When you look at his other stats, the meaningful ones that point to the QB in particular Tyrod is at the cusp between average and bottom third of the NFL starters.

If you want to say he is not good enough because of that, then do so. But to blame a stat directly tied to number of pass attempts is just plain stupid.

Maybe I give you too much credit for assuming even you would understand this.

And you wonder why people accuse you of crusading. It is because you are. And you look dumb doing it using B.S. stats that aren't the QB's stats.

Carry on.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED

Sort this by every statistic and see where your wonder boy falls.

Sacked the most in the league.

Between 21st and 25th for almost all other stats.

I don't know what stats you and the rest of your cult make this guy good in your eyes, but the looking at the stats that actually equate to WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, he is horrible.

Carry on.