This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED

Sort this by every statistic and see where your wonder boy falls.

Sacked the most in the league.

Between 21st and 25th for almost all other stats.

I don't know what stats you and the rest of your cult make this guy good in your eyes, but the looking at the stats that actually equate to WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, he is horrible.

Carry on.

The team that scores the most wins.

Every single other stat is LESS indicative of WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

Tyrod has issues but perhaps it's time for you to admit that the optics are much worse than the results.

You can just stand on the optics........but you are going to lose a statistical argument so don't waste your time.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKED

Sort this by every statistic and see where your wonder boy falls.

Sacked the most in the league.

The QB who runs the ball the most is more likely to get sacked the most no? Because every time you get tackled or forced out of bounds for a loss, it is called a sack, even if it was a designed QB run.

If you think Tyrod isn't among the best in the NFL at making defenders miss, then you are just dumb. I get it. You're a baseball guy. You don't understand full contact sports.

Between 21st and 25th for almost all other stats.

Exactly what I said you idiot. Right at the cusp of average to bottom third of the league. Maybe you are just dumb.

ESPN kinda likes him - but I guess ESPN has no idea what they are talking about. They think he is 9th best overall. But let's throw that stat out because you guys don't like it.

Using QB centric stats like completion percentages - He is ranked 19th

And YPA he is ranked 21

And those stats don't take into account the positive plays he makes with his legs.

Like I said he is right on the line between average and bottom 1/3rd of the league.

Apparently you can't read. And you also can't interpret NFL stats very well.

Dude.. Seriously. Stick to baseball.

You look so stupid trying to use your 31 ranked total passing yards to say a QB is bad when even a 7 year old knows the team that throws the fewest passes (or close to it) will have fewer total yards.

You should find a random 7 year old to get your opinions from.

And 31 passing offense if that was say in the 20s you win more games. With the defense exactly how it it now.

So going into the offseason why not fix the defense and move on from a not good enough QB?

I despair of getting through, but where is this better QB to come from? Contrary to what is often supposed, one does not draft a rookie, any rookie, and have him turn out to be better, that's the point. Even if he should be a better passer, that does not necessarily translate into more points and more wins.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the team that ranked dead last in number of pass attempts before last game would also rank near the bottom of total yards.

But you Tyrod haters keep using that stat like it is proof the qb sucks. It isn't. And everybody (but you guys apparently) knows this.

Before the last game the Bills ranked dead bottom of the league in pass attempts. And they ranked 31 in yards.

Fewer passes = fewer yards passing. Duh.

But you fricken geniuses say it is because of the QB. And you look like idiots because of it.

When you look at his other stats, the meaningful ones that point to the QB in particular Tyrod is at the cusp between average and bottom third of the NFL starters.

If you want to say he is not good enough because of that, then do so. But to blame a stat directly tied to number of pass attempts is just plain stupid.

Maybe I give you too much credit for assuming even you would understand this.

And you wonder why people accuse you of crusading. It is because you are. And you look dumb doing it using B.S. stats that aren't the QB's stats.

Carry on.

It also doesnt take a Genius to see when he cant see open WRs wont throw on time and overall is a bad Passer that of course they will limit his attempts and go to shady. But hey that doesnt hurt this team at all. Having such a one dimensional offense is amazing

Maybe Army will win a National Championship with thiers if they fixe their defense

The team that scores the most wins.

Every single other stat is LESS indicative of WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

Tyrod has issues but perhaps it's time for you to admit that the optics are much worse than the results.

You can just stand on the optics........but you are going to lose a statistical argument so don't waste your time.

I do love a guy who cuts to the chase.

I am not trying to say Tyrod is The Man, the franchise QB we've all been looking for. But to say any other drafted rookie or even many other drafted rookies would do better on our team, is flying in the face of results.

Because the bottom line is that points scored win football games, and the Bills have been reasonably successful on O by that metric.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I despair of getting through, but where is this better QB to come from? Contrary to what is often supposed, one does not draft a rookie, any rookie, and have him turn out to be better, that's the point. Even if he should be a better passer, that does not necessarily translate into more points and more wins.

Look at Wentz with his play lose 14 Expected Points over the year having Wentz with his level of play right now in Philly offense over Tyrod.

However if Wentz was in this specific offense with McCoy i bet we see a better Wentz as well.

So yes i can get similar level of play in this offense the way it is built WITH A ROOKIE

With the oppertunity for Growth and to be better.

Or i can stay AVG and not good enough with a QB at his ceiling and tread water for the next two years with Tyrod.

Edited by MAJBobby

It also doesnt take a Genius to see when he cant see open WRs wont throw on time and overall is a bad Passer that of course they will limit his attempts and go to shady. But hey that doesnt hurt this team at all. Having such a one dimensional offense is amazing

Maybe Army will win a National Championship with thiers if they fixe their defense

How is army as far as scoring points? Are they 7th in scoring points in college? Maybe a better defense would get them to a championship

Last in pass attempts because he has no accuracy and can't be trusted to complete a 3 yard pass.

Keep the excuses coming Polish one. Watch the games a second time perhaps.

He is last in pass attempts because of scheme

Look at Wentz with his play lose 14 Expected Points over the year having Wentz with his level of play right now in Philly offense over Tyrod.

However if Wentz was in this specific offense with McCoy i bet we see a better Wentz as well.

So yes i can get similar level of play in this offense the way it is built WITH A ROOKIE

With the oppertunity for Growth and to be better.

Or i can stay AVG and not good enough with a QB at his ceiling and tread water for the next two years with Tyrod.

You absolutely dont know that

How is army as far as scoring points? Are they 7th in scoring points in college? Maybe a better defense would get them to a championship

Man thats right maybe they should have McCoy to help them

The QB who runs the ball the most is more likely to get sacked the most no? Because every time you get tackled or forced out of bounds for a loss, it is called a sack, even if it was a designed QB run.

If you think Tyrod isn't among the best in the NFL at making defenders miss, then you are just dumb. I get it. You're a baseball guy. You don't understand full contact sports.

Exactly what I said you idiot. Right at the cusp of average to bottom third of the league. Maybe you are just dumb.

ESPN kinda likes him - but I guess ESPN has no idea what they are talking about. They think he is 9th best overall. But let's throw that stat out because you guys don't like it.

Using QB centric stats like completion percentages - He is ranked 19th

And YPA he is ranked 21

And those stats don't take into account the positive plays he makes with his legs.

Like I said he is right on the line between average and bottom 1/3rd of the league.

Apparently you can't read. And you also can't interpret NFL stats very well.

Dude.. Seriously. Stick to baseball.

You look so stupid trying to use your 31 ranked total passing yards to say a QB is bad when even a 7 year old knows the team that throws the fewest passes (or close to it) will have fewer total yards.

You should find a random 7 year old to get your opinions from.

The Polish guy calling me dumb. That's cute.

Hey, dumbaski, if you're happy with a QB who is in the bottom third of every important stat, then good for you. I want better.

And as far as your logic for why he's the most sacked? You're probably even more stupid than Tyrod Taylor is.

Love ya, though!

The fear to try and get better than AVG strikes again in this dan base

The Polish guy calling me dumb. That's cute.

Hey, dumbaski, if you're happy with a QB who is in the bottom third of every important stat, then good for you. I want better.

And as far as your logic for why he's the most sacked? You're probably even more stupid than Tyrod Taylor is.

Love ya, though!

Thanks bud. That means a lot coming from you. :thumbsup:

What i do now is Tyrods play adds roughly 31 total expected points every year. Thats what have to replace to get similar output

So if a 4th round Rookie can have great output in a similar offense i can at least get same output initially from my Rookie

What i do now is Tyrods play adds roughly 31 total expected points every year. Thats what have to replace to get similar output

So if a 4th round Rookie can have great output in a similar offense i can at least get same output initially from my Rookie

Not when they are turning the ball over and making mistakes.....which a rookie most likely wood

he is last in pass attempts because he is a terrible passer

Nflrewind has the footage if you need to see it again.

It's not a 1 game season vs the fins Ftr.

Wrong again.

Greg Roman's offenses have never thrown the ball a lot nor have they ever achieved a rank higher than 23 in total passing yards even when they went to the Superbowl.

And more times than not, his passing offenses ranked right where the Bills are now in terms of total yards.

This stuff ain't rocket science. You just have to go check the stats.

The fear to try and get better than AVG strikes again in this dan base

You guys act like nobody wants a better QB and you are wrong. Everybody wants an elite QB.

When you show us a way that the Bills have a high percentage chance of getting one, people will get onboard.

You don't intentionally downgrade at QB hoping that maybe you will get lucky with a draft. Go draft a guy first and let him beat the current starter for the job.

Why is that such a bad way to do it?

Not when they are turning the ball over and making mistakes.....which a rookie most likely wood

Really yet not happening in a very similar run first offense in Dallas

And actually doesnt happen historically either when a rookie is placed in the type of offense the Bills have.

But your right NO Rookie can give me the level of play TT has IN THIS OFFENSE. History be damned

Wrong again.

Greg Roman's offenses have never thrown the ball a lot nor have they ever achieved a rank higher than 23 in total passing yards even when they went to the Superbowl.

And more times than not, his passing offenses ranked right where the Bills are now in terms of total yards.

You guys act like nobody wants a better QB and you are wrong. Everybody wants an elite QB.

When you show us a way that the Bills have a high percentage chance of getting one, people will get onboard.

You don't intentionally downgrade at QB hoping that maybe you will get lucky with a draft. Go draft a guy first and let him beat the current starter for the job.

Ok let me put it this way there is a reason why i want to get rid of TT before i draft my rookie.

Because i know this organization

1. They Are NOT drafting a QB once option picked up

2. Even by some chance they did take one early they dont have the stones to put Taylor on bench (like Sea did with Flynn) and have the Rookie play.

Edited by MAJBobby

Wrong again.

Greg Roman got canned week 2. Keep the excuses coming.

He's average to crap. Turn the page. Give me the rookie, no need to waste the cash on year 18 and another 8-8 season

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Greg Roman got canned week 2. Keep the excuses coming.

He's average to crap. Turn the page. Give me the rookie, no need to waste the cash on year 18 and another 8-8 season

No no its Lynn and Tyrod why the scoring is good and run game is great (Not Shady and Roman) but it is still Romans fault for the passing if thats what you call it Edited by MAJBobby

Ok let me put it this way there is a reason why i want to get rid of TT before i draft my rookie.

Because i know this organization

1. They Are NOT drafting a QB once option picked up

2. Even by some chance they did take one early they dont have the stones to put Taylor on bench (like Sea did with Flynn) and have the Rookie play.

You expect a coach/gm to ditch the best QB on the roster. Then take a shot at a new guy - kind of like they did with EJ. Only hope that the guy is better than EJ.

Because if that new guy doesn't perform better than EJ and even Tyrod within his first year as a starter, then fans are going to be calling for the head of the guy(s) who made the decision to get rid of an average QB in place of a worse QB.

I don't see that happening. The GM would be setting himself up for failure and dismissal in all likelihood unless the Bills miraculously hit the jackpot with the rookie.

If you want to have a job as a GM of a team, you don't do what you are suggesting they do.